Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 5m Ozone Flow... Snowkiting
pyro22487
Posting Freak

Mood: Went kiting....Still suffering from withdrawls

[*] posted on 25-2-2012 at 07:26 PM
5m Ozone Flow... Snowkiting

I have been meaning to post this for a while so here we go. A couple of weeks ago we got a few inches of snow. It was early like 6am. The sun wasn't even up yet. Anyways I am walking around my house look outside and think there is just enough snow so I load up everything in the truck and head to a field close to the house. I thought I grabbed some thindulated gloves. Well turns out I grabbed a pair of mechanics gloves. Mistake I will get to later anyways on to the kiting. I set up the kite winds are ripping 20 gusting to 25. I use this kite to buggy in 10 to 15 but anyways. Preflight jitters so I strap the board on and grab the bar launching the kite. I could not believe how fun it was I didn't go far or anything just went a couple hundred feet and fell over but man I had moved. So I get up and head back the other way. Mind you my Flow is on a bar and it was flying so well. I ended up hot launching the kite straight down wind during a gust. I got a nice little hop out of that. I can't believe that the kite was doing as well as it was in the turbulant conditions. Well as it turned out the mechnics gloves were not water proof so I had to call it quits after my hands got so cold I couldn't feel tham about an hour or so. I may not have went far in my little venture but I can't wait till next year to try again. So even though my flow isn't a depower it worked really well for my noob snowkiteing experiance.

go fly a kite trainer 1.4 m
thunderfoil 9 ft.
Flexi sting 1.7m
Ozone flow 2.0 m
PL Vapor 3.2 m
Ozone Flow 5 m
PLVapor 6.5 m
frenzy 14.0 m
herc

Mood: wanting a Charger

[*] posted on 26-2-2012 at 01:58 PM

but you can easily modify it to a depower kite ! because it has only two line rows !

https://picasaweb.google.com/111510368262264907350/OzoneFlow...

i have recently aquired a 5sqm flow exactly for that purpose: make it a depower kite for high wind. first need to get cheap pulleys / rings and some thin kite bridle lines though... (1:2 setup using a single pulley per sid is probably suboptimal, better would be 1:4 with two pulleys per side)

the flow indeed has a nice, autostable profile:

Kites:
Tubes: Ozone Zephyr 17 * Naish Helix 2009 10.5 qm * Cabrinha Access 2003 9qm * Wipika Hydro 2001 9qm *
Arcs: PL Scorpion 13, 16 qm; PL Synergy 10 qm
open cell: PL Twister I 7.7 * PKD Buster II 3qm
Paragliders: Gradient Bright Classic (with check) * Swing Mistral 1 (groundhandling) *Advance Alpha 3 (groundhandling)
pyro22487
Posting Freak

Mood: Went kiting....Still suffering from withdrawls

[*] posted on 26-2-2012 at 08:24 PM

I heard you can do that to the flow but man I think it was sweet using it just how it was. It flew great and I had fun. But that is good to know that it can be done.

go fly a kite trainer 1.4 m
thunderfoil 9 ft.
Flexi sting 1.7m
Ozone flow 2.0 m
PL Vapor 3.2 m
Ozone Flow 5 m
PLVapor 6.5 m
frenzy 14.0 m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio