Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Things to remember
kitemaker4
Posting Freak

Mood: happy when buggying

[*] posted on 25-3-2012 at 06:00 PM
Things to remember

Here are a few things to remember when attending the event.

1. Pack it in, pack it out. Whatever you bring with you to the event needs to be packed out when you leave.

2. When draining an ice chest bring it over to the vegetation line and water the plants on the edge. By doing that the area that we drive and walk on will stay dry.

3. Dogs need to be on leash and dog owners need to pick up after them.

Please feel free to add more.

Susan (npw goddess)

PKD Brooza\'s 2, 3, 4 and 5.5 meter
Libre Bora\'s 6 and 7 meter
Libre stainless full race with standard and big foot light wheels
Nasa wings: npw5 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 1.7, 2.4, 3.1, 3.9, 4.8, 5.8, 6.9 meters
npw9 3.4, 5.3, 6.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 15.0 meters
Quadrifoil xm for sale
markite
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-3-2012 at 06:36 PM

take care of your skin
- sunblock
- something for your lips
- moisturizer to keep from drying and cracking
- bare feet and sandals can be okay but a lot of exposure to playa and dust will result in dry cracked feet

- always keep an eye out for anyone that might be having trouble whether launching, landing, getting a kite under control, off in the distance with a kite down etc

- NABX virgins introduce yourself and get ready to have fun

- everyone must try and do an outrageous Aussie accent to make up for Glen (Nocando) not making it this year

Mark Groshens NAPKA KC 13
WindSpeed kites & design - Canada
Peter Lynn Arcs: Charger2 22.5 +18 + 15 + 6.5, Charger I 6, Scorpion 16 + 10, Phantom II 12 + 9, Orig Phantom 9 + 6, Synergy 10 + 8, F 1200, S 840
Ocean Rodeo: Flite 17 + 12, Rise 13 + 10 + 7, Razor 9 + 6
Foils: PL Leopards and Lynx, Airea Raptors, some PL Reactor IIs + IIIs, Libre Spirits, Cross Kite Sonics, Ozone Flow
Peter Lynn Kite Cat for cruising the lakes
buggies: PL XR+, Cameleon Pagona, custom bigfoot, PL Bigfoot, custom ice buggy
Boards: 2 custom directionals, O.R Surf series 6-3 and 5-11, Mako Duke, Mako Skinny, Mako 140 Wide, Mako 150 Wide, Mako King, Brunotti
lots of old school skis, snowboard
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 25-3-2012 at 07:43 PM

Susan - your comments and Marks cumulatively reminded me of the acidity of the Playa on our four legged friend's feet.

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
kitemaker4
Posting Freak

Mood: happy when buggying

[*] posted on 25-3-2012 at 08:29 PM

The playa surface can be very hard on dogs feet. My rule with Beau is, you can go and say hi to all of the other dogs but I do not allow any playing or running. For the past few months Beau and I have been walking just to toughen up his feet. This has worked out good for him. We camp out on the dry lake every year and what most people do not know is every morning just at sunrise Beau wakes me up and we go on 5 mile walks every day. His feet have not suffered in any way and we plan on our morning walks again this year.

Susan (npw goddess)

PKD Brooza\'s 2, 3, 4 and 5.5 meter
Libre Bora\'s 6 and 7 meter
Libre stainless full race with standard and big foot light wheels
Nasa wings: npw5 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 1.7, 2.4, 3.1, 3.9, 4.8, 5.8, 6.9 meters
npw9 3.4, 5.3, 6.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 15.0 meters
Quadrifoil xm for sale
deanaoxo

Mood: seeking aoxo~

[*] posted on 26-3-2012 at 04:09 AM

Thank you for this friendly reminder.

As an addition, at NABX, we hate rules.

What's that mean? Look after your self, and each other.

Pack it in pack it out for sure.

Dogs are welcome, no doubt, but dog owners must be mindful, as we will not make up new rules to restrict the good people for the bad behaviour of a few. Pick up after your pet, keep them close at hand. Many people become annoyed about poop, and food snatching. It's up to us as individuals to notice when a situation becomes untenable and say something to someone.

Communicate. If you are having a problem, bring it to the white tent. Speak to Scott Skinner, myself, or Jose Sainz, Blake Pelton, Fast Freddy, or anyone wearing a black team shirt.

We are not your mom, but sometimes we can help.

We have only one rule at NABX, and it's not even a rule, it's just to have fun. Sure, be safe, but we're here to have a good time. Everyone of you worked very hard to make it this far. Everyone of you deserves the best that we can offer.

All of us, work very hard to make this the most memorable, best experience we know of in the kiting world, so enjoy! Know that you are amongst friend and family. Be kind.

And talk to us. Talk to each other. This is the most combined buggy experience on the planet during this week. No where else will you find more experienced traction kite skill. No where else will you find more people with the real answer to your questions. Ask. Walk around, introduce yourself.

I look forward to meeting the new, and seeing the old. 10 years we've managed to keep the wheels on. Some how, some way, with all the doubt, the squabbles(few), the BLM, insurance, a changing economy, and all the other things that would try to keep us from making this happen, we've persevered!

Thank you all for helping make this the best NABX every!

:wee: Aoxomoxoa~!~
flash

[*] posted on 26-3-2012 at 08:31 PM

i suggest bringing spare bandanas...... especially for those long runs .... :)

Beamer IV 1.4m, 2.0m, 4.0m, 5.0m
Crossfire 3.0m, 4.0m, 6.5m
Prodigy 6.0m
Neo II 8.0m, 11.0m
Apex III all of \'em
Montana V 9.5m, 12.5m,
Montana VI 7.5m, 9.5m, 12.5m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio