Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BIGGEST PROBLEMS in kitesurfing
kiteforce

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 06:10 PM
BIGGEST PROBLEMS in kitesurfing

Hi guys,
I’m doing some research into kitesurfing (already have a similar thread running) and I’d like to know what do you hate about the current kite designs (it can be detailed imperfections or very general problems).
Let me start off with a few issues, I think are causing people headaches:
- Kite control (I noticed most kitesurfers don’t like slow/sluggish kites but more direct responding ones)
- Wind speed range (having to buy many kites to make sure you cover all wind speeds)
- Setup time and needing help with initial launch.
I’d like to get as much info on this as possible, please let me know if these really are the main issues in kitesurfing and please feel free to add your own frustrations.
Thanks guys,
Greg
PHREERIDER
Posting Freak

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 07:12 PM

never hate

most PROBLEMS are pilot based (knowledge, skill and mastery)

ALL kite designs have their appropriate applications which is mostly skill matched

kite surf clash with public ....that can be the end all headache , AND THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IN KS

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
joedy

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 07:44 PM

Yep, Phree is correct.

Kites are like cars; each is designed for a specific application. If you drove a small front-wheel drive car on the beach, it wouldn't really be the fault of the car that you got stuck.

The best thing to do is to isolate a specific set of criteria that you envision eventually kiting in and look for a model that fits the bill.

Fast kites require good flying and board skills which only come with time and practice. Until that point, the calmer kites are easier to learn on.

And keep in mind, everyone has their own idea of a "best" kite. The key is to decide for yourself which attributes satisfy you the most.

As for me personally, I love the Flysurfer (foil) concept since it offers a wide wind window, no issues with bad bladders and pumps and packs down incredibly small for traveling. The negatives are the occasional twisted bridle and solo landings.

-joedy

Flysurfer Speed3 19m Deluxe
Liquid Force Envy 12m
Flysurfer Pulse2 12m
HQ Matrixx 15m
HQ Hydra 350
kiteforce

[*] posted on 12-7-2012 at 03:36 PM

Thanks for that guys - now I have more info but I seem to know less :)
G

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio