Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Peter Lynn Vapor 6.5
pyro22487
Posting Freak

Mood: Went kiting....Still suffering from withdrawls

[*] posted on 13-9-2012 at 05:50 PM
Peter Lynn Vapor 6.5

Well I have been wanting to fill a hole in my quiver mainly the low wind range. As a 5.0 Ozone flow and a 3.2 Vapor kind of have the same wind range.

So a few months ago I heard of Kitebookie.com I started looking and noticed a 6.5 Vapor posted in January. Mind you This was almost June. I decided that it was a long shot but I would send an email. It was listed $500 With handles and strings…No Bag. The guys screen name who listed it was "inovermyhead". He had bought the kite for scudding. LOL. In over my head indeed.

Anyways I finally saved up enough of my "blood" Money to buy the kite. 2 and a half months it took to save up the money. I emailed him and he still had it.

He sent some pics the kite was in excellent condition. So I got the kite 4 days later. Man was I excited. Guess what no wind to strong of wind work and other things kept getting in the way. I also had to replace the strings that were on it. He had used them on a different kite, one week prior to sending me the kite.

I found that the easiest place to do anything like string changes bridle changes and other things was to do it at work on a break.

I work in a hanger so big empty areas with no wind. I took my strings off the 14m Frenzy to use on the Vapor. Well the next day while I was a work the wind was good for a test flight 5 to 7 mph. I'm talking static flight here no buggy. So good wind speed. Problem was I was at work. HMMM IDEA! We have a program called Fit 4 Life, basically you get 3 payed hours a week to go exercise. I figured Kite flying=exercise right. (Either way don't tell my boss.)

The field I flew in has a build and trees all around it so winds were choppy shifty and gusty. I launched it anyways. She flew oddly I had to adjust the break lines quite a bit for her to fly properly. I shortened them I would say probably 4 to 5 inches. Then she really came into her own. Down turns and jumping were amazing considering the fact there was almost no wind. This went on for about 45 minutes with a lot of down time due to the gusty shifty winds. Still had enough fun to lose track of time and was late coming back(again don't tell my boss).

2 days later I took the buggies and Jakoda, my pooch, out to the lake to see how the Vapor would fair actually pulling something. I got everything all set up and wouldn't you know it the wind died. So I waited about 10 minutes and finally a puff of wind so I launched it man does that kite pull.

In almost no wind I was moving through overgrown grass and dirt like I was on a mowed field. I almost got yanked when a sudden gust hit and I am not sure how this happened but I went up and forward and somehow came back down in the buggy I wasn't actually in the seat but with some very quick adjusting I was back and still moving.

Jakoda likes his box. He road in it like a champ. He also likes to run beside me. I find this very distracting but I can get use to it.

All in all the 6.5 Vapor is a very good kite I just couldn't believe the power and acceleration of that monster. Thank you "Inovermyhead" for the wonderful kite.

P.S.
I am hoping to borrow a go pro and get some footage of us out there bugging on our playa before it is underwater again.

go fly a kite trainer 1.4 m
thunderfoil 9 ft.
Flexi sting 1.7m
Ozone flow 2.0 m
PL Vapor 3.2 m
Ozone Flow 5 m
PLVapor 6.5 m
frenzy 14.0 m
Wolfpaklv

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 17-9-2012 at 06:59 AM

I love these kites as well. Glad you were able to get it flying. It doesn't surprise me that you had to adjust the lines. Seeing as the lines came off of a depowerable kite. Looking forward to seeing some video.

What playa do you regular?

Brian Holgate
pyro22487
Posting Freak

Mood: Went kiting....Still suffering from withdrawls

[*] posted on 17-9-2012 at 03:07 PM

Lake Hefner lake bed. Its the water supply lake for Oklahoma city. It is 12ish feet low right now.

go fly a kite trainer 1.4 m
thunderfoil 9 ft.
Flexi sting 1.7m
Ozone flow 2.0 m
PL Vapor 3.2 m
Ozone Flow 5 m
PLVapor 6.5 m
frenzy 14.0 m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio