Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 4m kites?
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 06:33 AM
4m kites?

Looks like a new fleebay kite is out.

Has anybody got 1st hand experience with these kites? They look like a typical China kite. They come in some larger sizes so you might think they are designed as an engine?

At the prices they are sure to attract interest from a certian # of new kiters. Is this a kite we should give the go ahead to buy or will it just frustrate a newcomer?

As you would expect it doesn't appear they come with kite killers or instructions.

Pansh has managed to move up from this kind of product. It was only a matter of time for somebody to try and take the bottom rung.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
cheezycheese
Posting Freak

Mood: Ready for action !!!

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 06:53 AM

Links...? Haven't seen it...? :dunno:

US888
PL- Aero v1 11m / Phantom 6/9/12/15/18
Ozone Chrono v2 9m
Liquid Force Elite 6.5m
Flysurfer - Peak 3 4m
PKD - Century 2.5m, Soulfly 3.5m
Ted's Profoil-1m/3.5m
Custom NABX Rev
GT Rapide V/VTT-XR+ Special
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 07:11 AM

Here's a link to their e-bay.ca site. Looks like the recurring Chinese knockoffs. Remember the "Albatross" kites? It looks like they even do Revolution knock-offs, too.

EDIT: I took that link out, don't want anyone getting the idea that I support these guys. Anyway Marc, you get the idea... :thumbdown:

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
bigkid
Posting Freak

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 07:41 AM

not sure I would be interested in this, must be a new sport,

4m˛POWER/TRACTION KITE 500/400Ib DYNEEMA LINE HANDLE ALBATROSS BUDDYING KITES

4 lines control kite, can be use with quad handle or control bar. Easy fly easy re-launched.e lift in the wind, ex-- Can be use for traction, buggy, snowboarding, kite board, skiing kite.....
or just as kitesurfing trainer Kite drag you around the grass/beach to prctice kite control .
Perfect for Intermediate ~advanced fliers. Strong recommend for you.

400lb brake lines, must be a tough one to slow down.:lol:
Those Chinese are good at google translate :duh:
drag me around the grass to prctice kite control. Strong recommend for you. Always good for a laugh:bigok:

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 08:17 AM

The fine print is telling. Signature required for delivery. Signature indicates all was delivered in good condition. Can you imagine asking the ups guy to wait while you open and inspect everything? At $200 this looks like a huge risk on an unknown product.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
bigkid
Posting Freak

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 09:33 AM

I still want to know what a Albatross Buddying Kite is.:lol: I can only imagine....could get me in trouble, at least I wont be alone.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 02:24 PM

Kind of get leery when the only listing for the kites are on eBay and you can't find the product through any other retail methods. Not necessarily a bad thing but gives me pause.

If you are just looking to work with a lower budget, I would think you are better off buying second hand or there are other basic/budget brands to explore:

Eolo Radsails, Elliot, DP, Cross (new brand being carried by BigMikesKites and Dakitez).

YMMV.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 04:56 PM

Albatross is yet another China kite . I guess they are trying to say they are a step up from them yet they look pretty much the same? ( haven't been watching Ebay since Jonesband wasn't banned.)
All these sellers seem to also sell knock off Rev's. :flaming:
I was expecting less than positive feedback but didn't want to be alone in my opinion.

I am expecting somebody to come on the market and give Pansh a run at their own game. Looks like 4m isn't even bottom rung ? :dunno:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
pyro22487
Posting Freak

Mood: Went kiting....Still suffering from withdrawls

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bladerunner
( haven't been watching Ebay since Jonesband wasn't banned.)

I liked the jonesband posts. They were awesome.

Yea I don't look at any kites on ebay if they aren't from a known company.

go fly a kite trainer 1.4 m
thunderfoil 9 ft.
Flexi sting 1.7m
Ozone flow 2.0 m
PL Vapor 3.2 m
Ozone Flow 5 m
PLVapor 6.5 m
frenzy 14.0 m
skimtwashington
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 05:06 AM
You talkin' 'bout the 'Airstream' ones?

Noticed handles have no strop line attatchment.

Yes... and line weight/strength seems a little overkill.

Could help seller by contacting and suggesting he donate one to PKF to pass around and try. If It's crap( you think? :yes: )we'll tell him. If I't actually good it would be best advertising he could get. Likely, he doesn't want to know. I agree w/ suggestion he's trying to grab new unknowledgable kiters.

Quote:

Is this a kite we should give the go ahead to buy or will it just frustrate a newcomer?

Unless we get one free to try...that's not going to happen- because no experienced kiter is going to buy and try these kites. And why would we recommend an unknown kite?

Likely....only a former noob who bought one and who later gets well experienced (has flown many hours using popular real brand/quality)will be able to definitively look back and be able to comment /recommend or not.

Til then the general 'stay away from no-brand chinese kite rule' is in place.

But... anyone can reach seller thru FleaBay- 'contact seller' link- on any of his items to suggest the freebie idea. I'm not. I have my kites. Have a Noob do it.

Noobs always have to be initiated..

bobalooie57
Posting Freak

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 05:55 AM

Good luck with that, ski. I tried contacting them when they were Albatross. They weren't interested in a critical evaluation by experienced kiters, as I offered to conduct a "Pass the Albatross". Chances are, these kites are direct design copies of name brand kites, but with graphics changes, to confuse the buyer. They told me in an e-mail that they were going to step back and re-think their marketing strategy. I guess this is it.
By the way, that Schaefer commercial really hit home. I grew up in southern CT, near RI, so I probably heard that one when it first came out! :puzzled: Well, maybe it was a re-run, but i doubt it... :crazy:

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
skimtwashington
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 10:30 AM
So you already did exactly that...(contact/suggest freebie)!

Good for you B'b'looie. Good Chutzpah! Yeah the albatross logo is still featured in ad. I'm sure the kites are not great. Their marketing stratergy is go after the unexperienced and cash flow scared.
Hubris can hurt the company thet doesn't listen- or pretends to...but probably not in this case understanding their target consumer.

If you grew up in the 60's you saw the original Schaefer 'jingle' commercial. That one stood out for it's soft sell and human touch. This is a time when cigarette ads were still allowed on TV. Here's an earlier cig ad from that decade from the 'Stones'

Lets get the new WBB attendees to sing a kite song

OMG! That is bad i'm sorry. I've never hated any kid's character as much as Barney........ please substitute with a very cool kite song here:

see you at the WBB Nasa Kite group fly...(ohhh...yeah the group activities aren't up yet :wink2:...)
MC PREZ

Mood: If it were any better I would have to put an add in the paper.

[*] posted on 9-1-2013 at 09:09 AM

I bought the Pansh 3m kite 2 weeks ago after seeing someone kite ski in the Omaha area. You are supposed to "inspect" it if it had been inspected by customs. It didn't have any customs tape on it so I signed and it was fine. This in not a ready to fly kite, I had to attach the lines. It comes with handles and I did have to adjust the brake lines by adding another knot to the bridle. It wasn't hard to adjust and being my first kite I was rather proud of myself. For the price I think this is a great entry level kite. But I don't have any experience with other trainer kites to compare it with.
I strapped on some skies yesterday for the first time and was skiing in 12 to 18 mile an hour winds. I found out it's not as easy as I thought. I have sore muscles today that I didn't even know I had. I have a Montana VII 12m kite coming at the end of the week. Hope I haven't bit off more than I can handle. I have flown the Montana VI 12.5m last week in light winds of 4 to 7 mph and didn't have any trouble. By the way I will be 60 years old next year, so you're never to old to teach an "old" dog new tricks.
cheezycheese
Posting Freak

Mood: Ready for action !!!

[*] posted on 9-1-2013 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MC PREZ
I bought the Pansh 3m kite 2 weeks ago after seeing someone kite ski in the Omaha area. You are supposed to "inspect" it if it had been inspected by customs. It didn't have any customs tape on it so I signed and it was fine. This in not a ready to fly kite, I had to attach the lines. It comes with handles and I did have to adjust the brake lines by adding another knot to the bridle. It wasn't hard to adjust and being my first kite I was rather proud of myself. For the price I think this is a great entry level kite. But I don't have any experience with other trainer kites to compare it with.
I strapped on some skies yesterday for the first time and was skiing in 12 to 18 mile an hour winds. I found out it's not as easy as I thought. I have sore muscles today that I didn't even know I had. I have a Montana VII 12m kite coming at the end of the week. Hope I haven't bit off more than I can handle. I have flown the Montana VI 12.5m last week in light winds of 4 to 7 mph and didn't have any trouble. By the way I will be 60 years old next year, so you're never to old to teach an "old" dog new tricks.

MC PREZ - I suggest you start a new thread with this info so that the advice given to you doesn't get lost in an old obscure thread.
Good luck with that Montana. Do you have a helmet and harness...?

US888
PL- Aero v1 11m / Phantom 6/9/12/15/18
Ozone Chrono v2 9m
Liquid Force Elite 6.5m
Flysurfer - Peak 3 4m
PKD - Century 2.5m, Soulfly 3.5m
Ted's Profoil-1m/3.5m
Custom NABX Rev
GT Rapide V/VTT-XR+ Special
caleb

[*] posted on 20-2-2013 at 09:51 PM

I actually have a kite from 4m kites. It's not that bad.
Here's a video of it. You can have it for $120 if you like just let me know.
http://www.youtube.com/v/UMclzn3ATVw

Ozone Methods
Nasa Para Wing 9 10m
Peter Lynn Comp XR+ Buggy
stetson05
Posting Freak

Mood: wanted: wind please

[*] posted on 20-2-2013 at 11:50 PM

Caleb, glad the kite is working out for you. I like the field you use to kite. Looks like a great place.

US40
HQ 1.4m which my 8 and 10 year old fly
Pansh Flux 2m, Legend 3m,
HQ Hydra 300 PZ depower, Neo 8m, 11m
Flysurfer S3 Deluxe 19m, S2 15m
Flexboardz Haize
Radbuggy
SIMS snowboard
Crazy Fly 145

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio