Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Flysurfers Flippin' Fantastic!
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 21-10-2012 at 03:32 PM
Flysurfers Flippin' Fantastic!

I just finished the kite renew test and moved it to my 7m Pulse.

I have had this kite for all of 4 years or more. It has been to NABX and well used there 4 times. I have watched as it skid accross the Playa Nose up and nose down, hamered into the ground countless times and cringed to the point I got used to seeing it! I love putting this kite in beginers hands it is so user friendly and intuitive. Clearly not an easy life for a kite. Part of why I will never sell it has always been the fact I knew it looked like dirt but it flew like new(ish ) and was amazingly damage / pinhole free! :wow::thumbup::thumbup::wow:

I will leave the Refit story to my review. but chose to move to the Flysurfer and am glad I did. I washed the kite. 1 side with shampoo 1 side without. I was simply amazed with both sides. This kite started out Playa brown! The white was brown , the black was brown it didn't matter.

Lamrith was kind enough to wash my kite when I loaned it to him last year. This year in came back from loaning out at NABX uncleaned as usual :ticking: So the kite had been cleaned once before in 4 + years. Still the transformation was amazing ! Add the retrofit finish and I am totally falling in love with this girl all over again. She can take one heck of a beating from desert to beach and still clean up like Friday night ! What a SWEETHEART ! :tumble:

ANY kite that can stand up to what this kite has been asked to, remain damage free and look like it has 3/4 of it's life left in it gets my :thumbup::thumbup: The white is white and the black is black. ( more so on the shampood side :rolleyes: )

I took some time to compare what I am getting for a bridle layout on the new Aurora and that of my Pulse . ( + what each calls a manual )
http://www.panshkite.com/syssite/home/shop/1/pictures/newsim...

http://www.mamut.net/maverickstfc01/service_pulse_handleidin...

THe Pulse Bridle is SO ADVANCED ! ( the Pansh manual, not so much ;-) ) You can see how one kite will shape shift and the other won't.

Throw in everything else I have raved about for years. Break aways between bridle and kite, Blow outs, Jet flaps and add the the list the fact this kite LASTS !!! I could even sell it shame free now :ticking: :ticking: When they pull my cold dead fingers from it ! :wee:

Want amazing bang for buck ? Go USED Flysurfers !!! You will get a kite that will last and last at a second hand price comparable to kites that don't compare ! IMHO ! Like MHO is worth the time you just waisted reading this babble! ! :P

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 21-10-2012 at 04:50 PM

So how much are you asking? Lol

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
joedy

[*] posted on 21-10-2012 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
So how much are you asking? Lol

Just 10 CDF, according to his post.

(That's 10 Cold, Dead Fingers)

-joedy

Flysurfer Speed3 19m Deluxe
Liquid Force Envy 12m
Flysurfer Pulse2 12m
HQ Matrixx 15m
HQ Hydra 350
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 22-10-2012 at 06:46 AM

The deals on here at the moment blow me way?

Flysurfer the #1 under rated kite on the market ! :Ange09:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Proletariat

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 07:40 AM

Thanks for the review, Blade I was considering a flysurfer to replace my 10m venom and now I'm thoroughly convinced. The only question is what size, and can I find a used pulse or unity ...
joedy

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 04:48 PM

I've got a Pulse 1 7m that I'll sell for 325 shipped.

There is a small professional repair that has been done to the kite and the previous owner never even noticed it before selling it to me.

It has the original bar and bag. The lines are in good shape and John (PowerZone Kite Sports) replaced the pulleys before I purchased it.

I haven't flown it. I intended to take it abroad on vacation, but the winds were not forecast to be high and I ended up taking my larger Flysurfer kites. It is very similar to my first Flysurfer 10m that I learned to water kite with.

-joedy

Flysurfer Speed3 19m Deluxe
Liquid Force Envy 12m
Flysurfer Pulse2 12m
HQ Matrixx 15m
HQ Hydra 350
grigorib

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 09:18 PM

:thumbup:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio