Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Peter Lynn Hornet II 4m
upandaway

thumbup.gif posted on 14-11-2012 at 04:15 PM
Peter Lynn Hornet II 4m

Peter Lynn Hornet II 4m,I am only a couple of years into the hobby so no way qualified to give a credible evalution of any substance,i thought i may just give a quick review of my thoughts on how i have got on with the P/L Hornet after owning it now for a couple of months.First impressions as im sure all will agree,really good quality,came supplied with everything needed(handles/lines/kite killers/groundstake/keyring and sticker!, all neatly packed into one of the best looking rucksacks i have seen,the Green has actually grown on me,good quality well thought out.The kite itself superb quality ultra simple bridle which makes life so much easier whilst trying to set up in the middle of a gusty field.Static at 4m Sq (im 13.5stone 5'8) and the anometer showing 12mph gusting to 16 the kite lifts gracefully skyward no great surprise's straight to the zenith albeit with it tugging at my arms waiting patiently,pleasantly suprised as this is exactly what i wanted,i normally used a Flexifoil Rage for landboarding but wanted something with vertical pull so to speak to help me out,the Hornet was definately giving it some but not for a moment scaring me in any way,a nice sedate tugging sensation that was to instill some confidence in my learning curve.Further testing was in varying wind conditions right down to about 7mph,the kite is extremely well behaved the power/Torque quite impressive certainly enough to get my frame around on my board.I actually managed to learn to go upwind using the Hornet which i have to admit was a proud moment for me!,no more walking back and pushing the board with one foot!,the Hornet seems to be able to do it all in terms of been Trainer/intermediate kite,really pleased all round with this one!.

Flexifoil Blade II 3.0m
Flexifoil Blurr 5m
Flexi Rage 3.5
Peter Lynn Guerilla MK1 13m
Peter Lynn Twister IIR 5.6m
Peter Lynn Hornet 4m
Pansh Ace 4m
Pansh Adam 4.5m
Pansh Flux 2m & 3m
Peter Lynn Competition ST Buggy
Landboard
Off Road Skates