Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blade III 6.6
ssayre
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 22-3-2014 at 12:03 PM
Blade III 6.6

I'm sure this has been covered before but here is my 2 cents worth.

I've used this kite in the buggy and static. In either case it performs well with at least relatively clean wind which I don't have a lot of. Today I tried to buggy with it and the winds were a little light 10-12. It would easily get the buggy moving on grass but probably could have used a little more wind. In janky wind it is just more frustrating than anything. I got this kite in November of last year and really hadn't had much smooth wind until today. With the wind being on the light side for the buggy, I flew it static and it was a blast. Finally some smooth 12mph wind to fly in. I'm 225 and I had no problem jumping with it. Not high jumps but fun jumps. I don't have a real desire to go very high. With proper timing and smooth wind this kite feels as safe as can be possible jumping with an fb kite, but on the flip side you definitely want to avoid jumping in gusty winds at all costs. In gusty winds it has frightening spikes in power with each gust and will overfly if allowed to. Overall if flown in the right conditions this kite will do what you want it to with floaty jumps or as a pulling machine. One thing to note about this kite in winds 12 or less it has that slow to start feeling meaning that it has to be worked a bit to get it going. That's probably due to its angle of attack. I'd be interested to fly a b4 or b5 to see what refinements have been made.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio