Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Flexifoil sting 3.3 first impressions
drphobus

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 02:56 PM
Flexifoil sting 3.3 first impressions

Flexifoil sting 3.3 first impressions
Static Flying
(well plan A static flying - realiety plan B being flung around like a sack of spuds )

My only previous experience was about 10 minutes with a 2 line big buzz and another Flexifoil stacker X2 witch did not get off the ground hardly at all.
So after going on you tube and forums etc, wanted a 3m beginners kite.
So got my new sting 3.3 looked at weather 17mph winds , yippy i’m off.
Had help to set it all up held the handles and --
This 178kg wimp done a funny run fell on rear and was dragged along for a few yards on said rear then remembering breaks.
So put handles around tent peg to give time to recover. After some attempts later I put the brake lines on second knot and although only a inch (25mm) or so apart, made a world of difference.Did have a very fun time although the wind had dropped off a bit by then. Arms are aching today but worth it.
Thoughts about the kite
I crashed it many times, sometimes very hard indeed, but handled it with no problems all.The line was also great pulling me about with ease. The handles I would have liked more padding or might just need gloves . The kite killers was wet at end of session, soaking in sweat from wrists and the rope from them interfered a little, but so glad i had them on. When in the sky the black with white and red on both sides looks so cool
Just won a PL Hornet 4.0 on ebay .Don’t know if i have the bottle to try it out yet.

Windstruck
Posting Freak

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 18-7-2015 at 05:10 PM

Drpbobus - welcome to the Monkey House. There's always room for a few more food chimps. ;)

It sounds as if your are off to the races. Don't sweat the Hornet 4m; it's a wonderful kite, everything a basic fixed bridle kite should be. I own one and am glad for it. Have tons of fun and keep us posted! :thumbup:

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
xanthiax

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 04:30 AM

Welcome!

Glad you had fun!

Gloves are a good idea! My hands hurt and ache as well as my arms after a long flying session. Gloves will help the hand strain a little. (I actually find flexifoil handles one of the better).

4 metre will be fun, I'd suggest sub 10 mph winds to start. I donno if this will help you, but rather than running forward just sit down, lean back, worst case is you scud along on ur rear until you get control. Running forward = faceplant :)

I went down the rage/bullet route, they PULL. Not tried a hornet. Let me know what you think of it :)
WELDNGOD
Posting Freak

Mood: Dyin' to go flyin'

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 05:42 PM

Welcome aboard ! Get impact protection now. Skid lid ,pads ,gloves. Make sure you have medical insurance. Enjoy!

WELDNGOD on VIMEO
https://vimeo.com/user2580342

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Century II 2.2/2.8/3.5/4.5 /10.0
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster Soulfly 1.5 / 2.2 (KIA)/ 3.3 (lost at sea)
Buster Soulfly PRO 3.3 / 4.4
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
17 ply Custom TRAMPA w/ verTIGo trucks
2 homebrew buggies,2 homebrew KYTBYKS,1 homebrew tandem trailer
GOPRO 3 WHITE, 3+ BLACK, HERO5 BLACK
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

RIDER for KOKOPELLI KITER