Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HQ Beamer III 4m
Herbo99

[*] posted on 30-7-2015 at 12:16 AM
HQ Beamer III 4m

Hello all, I have just brought a HQ Beamer III 4m off eBay as my first step into land boarding, I was just wandering if I have made the right choice as my first one and have you any tips to getting started. ( it have not arrived yet)
Many thanks.
Andrew
xanthiax

[*] posted on 30-7-2015 at 03:41 AM

4m?

Brave..

I've had a go on a 4.5 m bullet and that was POWERFUL!

Have you flown before? I am kinda new so I'm sure you'll get better advice. But this is what I've learnt so far.

Tips :

Try without board first, be ready to sit down if you need too. The pull is epic.
try in low winds and work up.
set up outside of powerzone.
be prepared. (to give you an idea. I can scudd with a 3.5 training kite. the 4.5 takes me for a ride with ease and I'm a big boy).
have fun.
skimtwashington
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 30-7-2015 at 05:59 AM

Welcome! ..to the sport and to PKF! You're gonna love this sport and the folks on this forum.

As a new participant, it's always better to ask first before buying anything..But too late , obviously. Wait, and buy nothing else for now. Your the 'umpteenth' person to do this. Maybe PKF is always discovered only after the purchase instead of before..?

...we're open 7 days a week here on PKF for advice- rain or shine... and it's free!

Safety is top priorty around here, and we strive to keep this fantastic sport safe and also save you $$ and frustration.

(It's a good thing this isn't the Wild Foraging Forum and you say you picked and ate some wild mushrooms and ask if they were safe to eat after the fact.
:barf:
Wait for all the great advice from the experts here to come. I'll let others do that.

hiaguy

Mood: Always counting the days to the next WBB

[*] posted on 30-7-2015 at 04:59 PM

Welcome to the sport!
The Beamer is a great kite, but 4m might be a handful to start off with. If you choose to fly it, make sure that you are in light winds for your first several flights.

The general consensus around here seems to be that this is the best place to start:
http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=28759#pid27...

Have a read. It'll fill in some of the blanks, and might help you develop questions that are specific to you and where you fly. Let us know about you: where you are and what you want to do when you fly. There are kiters in some of the most obscure locations and we love coming out to meet and help those that are interested.

There are some seasoned veterans here; they're always willing to offer sage advice that helps us all. (You guys know who you are and how much we appreciate you.) Some of us are hacks, just out to have some fun without injuring ourselves. Ask questions; we love trying to show how smart we are:lol: (What knowledge we have comes from making the mistakes that we'll warn you about so that you don't have to :smug: )

Go ahead... tell me to "go fly a kite!" Please!

Howard - used to be KC67
Fly: A quiver of Lynx' and Cores (did someone say "Pansh"?), a couple o' Arcs, and a Rev to remind me about control
Ride: PL XR+
Where: 43.857899, -78.941661 and 38.970951, -74.828922
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 31-7-2015 at 05:38 AM

I started with a 5m Scout as my first quad. I had a 3ish meter dual that I learned on. and paid 400 for the 5m and I really wish I had heard of PKF, although I still prob would have gone with a 4-5m because I live in virginia. other virginians understand this. :) Now I very rarely buy a new foil unless i have no other option. But I digress

Andrew where are you located? the Beamer III is a great kite. I have flown them several times and are great for learning and progressing. they are great for buggying and are more than lifty enough if you want to landboard, but I would be careful not to do high jumps with a 4m because you tend to go down fast.

Elliot Kites sigma 360 --- Rev Blast 2-4 --- HQ Scout 5.0 --- HQ Crossfire II 10.0 --- HQ hydra 350
2010 Liquid Force Havoc 10m -- Slingshot ranger 12m -- Peter Lynn Scorpion 16m -- EH Cabarete Freestyle

MBS Elements mountainboard
MBS atom cruiser (stake trucks and wheels)
Peter Lynn XR+ kite buggy (std wheels and wide treads)
KiteTrike
abkayak
Posting Freak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 31-7-2015 at 07:46 AM

welcome...10mph winds at most when you start out...you will quickly learn to respect that kite and its power
you cant set up and pack up to much so do that as much as possible and get it down pat
watch tutorials and read up at coastalwindsports.com

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio