Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dynabar is the shizzle
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-9-2015 at 09:00 PM
Dynabar is the shizzle

Best money I've spent on gear ever, I think. I put it off for ages cos they're not cheap and the yen/euro sucked, but I wish I hadn't.

All fixed spreader bar I've used have a habit of rotating up so the ends dig into my flab and leave mark and scratches, or worse, dig holes in my wetsuits. The Dynabar doesn't. It still get pulled up when used with waist harness but with the Fusion seat heparness, it's just perfect.

Best way to describe it is "greatly improved flow" :D I never knew how much I was fighting against fixed spreader bar hook until I didn't have to.

Instantly felt at home on the directional and everything became easier to do, and more fun.
Twin tip took about an hour to get totally used to it; apparently I waggle my hips around like Shakira, especially on poorly landed jumps and the Dynabr would slide about and pull me off balance, but now it's copacetic.

In short, buy one you won't regret it.

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 01:09 AM

For reference:

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
RedSky
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 08:31 AM

This might be useful for those flying depower in the buggy who experience body twisting in the seat.
hiaguy

Mood: Always counting the days to the next WBB

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 09:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RedSky  
This might be useful for those flying depower in the buggy who experience body twisting in the seat.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Go ahead... tell me to "go fly a kite!" Please!

Howard - used to be KC67
Fly: A quiver of Lynx' and Cores (did someone say "Pansh"?), a couple o' Arcs, and a Rev to remind me about control
Ride: PL XR+
Where: 43.857899, -78.941661 and 38.970951, -74.828922
ssayre
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 09:21 AM

Been meaning to test a diy version but have not done so yet.
skutter

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 11:57 AM

i use to use my tree climbing harness with the land board - the harness is desinged with a floating bridge so you can twist - i reckon i sort this out on my current waist harness - just need to fashion a hook to fit a pulley wheel.

Hq Scout II 3m
Hq Scput III 5m
Scrub Predator 2
Vari Vulcan 9m 2011
Airsuh Wave 9m 2015
Airsuh DNA 12m 2014
Airush Vox board 140x42 2015
BIC 5'10 Fish
Cheddarhead
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 02:19 PM

Could be an excellent solution for those of us on ski's. Side of the hips point at the kite when on skis. This might allow a more natural position when riding.

SS Turbine 17m
SS Rally 14m
SS Rally 12m
SS RPM 10m
SS Rally 8m
SS Rally 6m
FS Speed 3 15m dlx
FS Peak 2 6m
Ozone Frenzy 9m
Ozone Access XT 6m
PL Farc 1200

What I ride:
Home brew buggy
Volkl race tiger DH 210
Dynastar DH 218
Blizzard Cochise 185
Steepwater 179 twin tip
Aboards Reverse 161
B-Roc
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 04:04 PM

Skis and kite landboarding toeside are the applications that would work for me but I'm cheap. Looked into making one years ago but much like many of my projects... they never get done.

Depower Quiver: 14m Gin Eskimo, 10m Gin Eskimo III, 6m Gin Yeti, 4.5m Gin Yeti (custom bridle and mixer)
Fixed Bridle Quiver: MAC Bego 400, JOJO ET Instinct 2.5 & 5.5, Lil Devil 1.5, Sting 1.2
Rides: Ground Industries
ssayre
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 04:09 PM

Here's the diy thread from a long time ago. I started another one not too long ago but couldn't find it.

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=22441
pbc

Mood: Updated, edited, and published

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 05:18 PM

I think it would help, but you loose about 5 inches of effective arm length as the CL slides downwind.

I have been battling that same effect in my climbing harness. The best way I have found to limit it is to tie a swiss seat with tight leg loops and a very short load loop between the legs. This uses the leg loops to limit the travel of the center clip (what I use in place of a hook).

Philip

I fly: Charger II 6.5m * Charger II 8m * Charger II 10m * Scorpion 10 (for sale) * Phantom II 12m * F-Arc 1200 * Venom 13m

I ride: Peter Lynn XR+ on Midis * Flexifoil Midi/Barrow * Peter Lynn Comp on Barrows * Peter Lynn XR+ (needs a fork)

I build: Custom bars for buggy pilots

I write about kite stuff: at http://philipbchase.com

Philip Chase
ssayre
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-9-2015 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pbc  

I think it would help, but you loose about 5 inches of effective arm length as the CL slides downwind.

I have been battling that same effect in my climbing harness. The best way I have found to limit it is to tie a swiss seat with tight leg loops and a very short load loop between the legs. This uses the leg loops to limit the travel of the center clip (what I use in place of a hook).

Philip

That's why I kind of gave up on the idea. Thinking about it before I tried it, I knew it would move the cl further away and I didn't want that. After experimenting with my Hotwire, the first version was just slightly further away than when I wore a harness and I didn't care for it. My new version is probably just as tight if not tighter to my body than my harness and bar reach is much better. Someone with long arms might like it.

Sorry for the hijack kami. Glad you like the new set up. Wish I had some waves to ride.
abkayak
Posting Freak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 22-9-2015 at 06:54 AM

i always thought this was a good idea in the bug...i can grab a JayBar/dynabar local...same concept but runs on rope
anyone try one of these out yet???

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 22-9-2015 at 08:10 PM

The latest version of the Jay Dynabar kit comes with rope and sliding hook installed, fixed hook, and the U-bolt as included options.

The metal rail is now an optional extra.

In the buggy, you might actually prefer the U-bolt setup; you get the rotation without the sliding.

The rope doesn't put the bar noticably further away, although it did stretch after the first few hours, so I've re-knotted the rope back to normal length.

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio