Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Getting started w/buggy - demo/rent/lesson - NJ/PA?
nategasser

[*] posted on 26-2-2017 at 02:32 AM
Getting started w/buggy - demo/rent/lesson - NJ/PA?

Hi,

Is there anywhere in eastern PA or South Jersey that does a kite buggy lesson/rental kind of thing? I'd love to try it out but hesitate to start buying gear when I don't know what I'm doing.

With this crazy warm weather it would seem like a great time to buggy on the beach now -- I just can't find any shops/outfitters who offer it.

I see the WBB scheduled for April 24-30 -- I'm out of town that week but could make it down for the weekend -- do they do lessons/demos there?

Thanks for any info!
Nate
abkayak
Posting Freak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 26-2-2017 at 04:32 AM

Welcome Nate...do make WW for whatever days u can and you will get seat time and help that you seek, bring beer...Are you flying kites now?

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-2-2017 at 09:01 AM

Good timing since WW only happens twice a year. It will be the way to go.

I suggest you look for a 3m 4 line kite to learn on. It is the tried and true place to start. If you get one soon and have time to take it out you will get a whole lot more out of the experience. Having your own trainer will mean you have someting to play with. It takes a little time to get so you don't crash the kite.

Folks will be very friendly and helpful. The trick is NOT to be shy and ask around for the help you need. Be forwarned that if the winds don't blow all day folks will act funny when the wind does come up. For the 1st while it will sort of be every man for himself as the wind blows everything else out of our minds. Once the wind has blown for a while folks will get their ride on. Once they get it out of there system they will be back to helping you out.

There is no real organized lesson times set up but if you talk to Shehatesmyhobbies he will help you find a mentor or 2. Nobody charges for lessons or loaning gear but you can get a lot of favours for beers etc.. It is a general understanding that if you damage somebodies gear you will pay for repairs.

If you miss out on WW the next event to shoot for will be JIBE.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
bugymangp

[*] posted on 26-2-2017 at 01:33 PM

Hi newbi
Do what ever you have to to get to wildwood for the bash
All your questions will be answered I know how hard it is to get started
As I had nobody to show me the ropes when I started buggying
You will get to try more kites than you can shake a stick at
Remember there no stupid questions only stupid answers
I gave a lot lessons thur my 25yr history of buggying just ask
For the Buggymangp hope to see you there
bugymangp