Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Advice on which kite to buy
Kirksterno1

[*] posted on 20-9-2017 at 06:03 PM
Advice on which kite to buy

Hi and thank you for adding me to this forum. Just need some advice on what kite would be best to buy for landboarding. I haven't done it for a few years and my last kite was a Flexifoil Blade 2. Ideally I'm looking for a power kite that's an all rounder but I'm more at the intermediate level. I'm in Australia and was looking at the Peter Lynn Hornet. Possibly the 4.0. Any advice would be helpful. Cheers Julian
Ed Cline

Mood: Truth, Justice, and The American Way.

[*] posted on 21-9-2017 at 03:54 AM

Welcome to the forum. There's not a lot of action right now, but keep checking as the fall and winter winds arrive the posts increase dramatically.

Here's where the " what kite should I buy? Questions are often referred.

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=28759

Fair winds

Flying mostly single skins, with some orphans, the American flag, and a PL buggy. US01
Windstruck
Posting Freak

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 21-9-2017 at 04:23 AM

Welcome aboard Julian! Nice to have you on board. Hard to go wrong with a Hornet. Great basic workhorse in the kiting stable. Many folks prefer and recommend this kite in its 3.0m size, not the 4.0m size. Still plenty of power, but considerably more maneuverable. In many of the older threads here on PKF there are many thoughts expressed on the merits of the various sizes. I'd suggest if the time allows to go through some of these older threads and soak it all up. Ed above got you started in the perfect place.

I sent you a U2U message a minute ago alerting you to some more local stuff as well being as you noted you are in Australia. Many (but certainly not all by any means) of the users here are from the US. Look for the small U2U hyperlink in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
eric67m

[*] posted on 21-9-2017 at 07:25 AM

Also check out http://www.extremekites.com.au/ it It's an Australian based kiting forum that I also read regularly.

Flying A mixed quiver of Flysurfer Peak kites.

Rollin in the Popeye The Welder Playa buggy.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio