Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Which Surf Kite for Newbie
tmiddled

[*] posted on 18-4-2007 at 07:15 PM
Which Surf Kite for Newbie

Hey all,

I am hoping to start Kitesurfing soon and am wanting to know what sort of Kite I should buy (I am already borrowing a friends small trainer Kite). I am 75 kilgrams, 5'9. I have been surfing, Snowboarding and Wakeboarding my whole life so once I get the Kite Control think I will pick it up fast. What size and stuff should I look at. I live in Sydney, 15 knots approx wind speed would be best.

I have seen a Cabrinha Co2 12m Kite 2004 model for pretty cheap. Can anyone recommend this Kite? Thanks
tmiddled

[*] posted on 18-4-2007 at 07:23 PM

That is 165 lbs by the way :)
domdino

[*] posted on 18-4-2007 at 09:53 PM

The co2 is a great kite - my friend used to fly one of them. Very stable and good for beginners but it does have an awful lot of punch, as with most LEIs which might scare the living crap out of you as a first timer - especially when the wind gets up a bit which itll need to be to get going.

You really need to just go out and test as many kites as possible before committing to one because everyone has different styles and enjoys different kites.

You might want to look into peter lynn's products - the nice thing about them from a beginner standpoint is their insane stability and autozenith feature which no other kite on the planet can match and they also will take you through to a very high level of riding when you get there.

Trouble is nobody really gives peter lynns the credence they deserve because it's often beginners who use them (for these very reasons) so everyone assumes they are just a floppy beginners kite - this couldnt be further from the truth when they're put in the right hands. I'm going off on a tangent a bit now... anyway, try lots of kite, GET SOME LESSONS. the sea is a dangerous place to kite.

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-4-2007 at 09:34 AM

You may want to check out www.Seabreeze.com It's a very good Aussie Forum. There is a good kite shop in Rockdale ?? on Botany Bay that should be helpfull with local knowledge + LESSONS !!!

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
powerzone

[*] posted on 22-4-2007 at 05:40 PM

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio