Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: anyone with JOJO Rage control bar specs?
Roger

[*] posted on 14-7-2022 at 05:21 PM
anyone with JOJO Rage control bar specs?

I'm wondering if Anyone has or knows where I could get the bridle plan for a 7m Jojo Rage foil Kite. I bought the kite for 50$ without any handles or control bar. the guy I bought it off of didn't know Anything about the kite.

the condition of the kite shows that it has less than 3 - 4 hours on it.

Would it help if I had a Friend who does speak Czech search for someone who might have that info in Eastern Europe?

Thank for Any Information, Roger. { P.S. Another Albertan Living on the Coast}
RedSky
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 14-7-2022 at 05:59 PM

Hey Roger,
Does the kite have no bridles?
Unless I've misunderstood, which is usually the case, all you need is a line set with handles.
Roger

[*] posted on 15-7-2022 at 09:58 PM

Hi Redsky ,

Yes, Sorry for the disconnect of the Title, and the body of my posting. Almost -Non-sequiter

the Kite came with a Bridle, I connected Handles in the most simple and direct way, {Top handle lines to the leading edge bundles, }but it just doesn't fly. the group of lines that come of the trailing edge, there is a Right and left bundle, but however I adjust the length,{my aim was to find the point where the trailing edges R,L, are firm, but not 100% slack, and then some more tension as I apply brakes. But after 4 hours of experimenting in respectable wind I couldn't see any improvement . Even with 3 meters slack on the trailing edge, and only tension on the leading edge, there was zero lift { lines were parallel to the ground}.
I see that there are some extra spreaders with pulleys that came with the kite. maybe somebody before me took them off trying to simplify it, to get it to fly.
I have a sence that I need a diagram with the lengths of each line, and the location of the Balancer or splitter that was removed to be reconnected to the original bridle plan before this kite can start to act like a kite, not just a light duty tarpolin.

thanks to anyone who can help with some info on this Puzzle.

Roger
RedSky
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-7-2022 at 08:25 PM

Are you able to provide us with some detailed pictures?
Roger

[*] posted on 21-7-2022 at 07:41 PM

Hi Redsky
I took a couple of pictures and I think you can see the yellow lines in the top of the picture connected to the leading edge, and the red lines connected to the trailing edge.

what I find is odd is the lines that travel across the connecting lines, maybe the purpose of these lines is to increase the Projected area { reduce the <Anhedral> arch shape}

i just have to figure out how to upload these pictures to this Forum.
or could I send the pictures to your email?
here is a Right half and left half pic of the Jojo Rage, {If I could attach the files, Would be mission critical}
Thanks Roger

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio