Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: great video - redsky
Jason-G

[*] posted on 16-6-2023 at 12:31 PM
great video - redsky

This a great video. I think redsky (Tom) kite buggy videos are the best I have ever seen by far. Not sure if this was posted here. I found it on youtube recently.

How do you like the new buggy? Do the bearings in the wheels lock up after going through water? Do you make these films alone or do other people help with the various camera angles/spots. Have you ever been hurt while kiting?

Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZOsBw5kgM
jantie

Mood: wind please!!

[*] posted on 18-6-2023 at 02:46 PM

Yup, Tom is great at speed and editting!! :thumbup::thumbup:

RedSky
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-6-2023 at 10:10 PM

Thanks Jason, that was very decent of you, and thank you Jantie.
No doubt two handsome fella's who know a great video when they see one. :spin:

Not had the courage to post videos to FB as I don't know anyone on there apart from Jantie and Juan of course, so i only post here and Extreme Kites http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=37044#pid33...

Yeah I like it Jason, it is a very practical and capable little bug that performs just as well as a fully grown one.

On the negative, I'm not overly keen with the seat. I think i'm just spoilt coming from the armchairs on the Dominator and Dust Devil, also, i've somehow managed to bend both footpegs, probably due to the G-forces exerted on them as I ploughed through the deep water. This is the only build issue i've had with it. I have noticed that they've since altered the design of the pegs, so perhaps this can't happen now, but in all fairness, I do tend to punish my bugs. I'm sure under normal operation they're perfectly good.

Not noticed the bearings lock up and i wouldn't expect it so soon tbh but i do kinda like it when bearings seize as it provides a cool sounding engine-like growl that progresses in pitch the faster you go.

Regarding the filming, yeah i do it all myself which is probably typical of most of us i'd say, although how nice would it be to have our own cameraman and maybe someone to hand us cold drinks eh? That would be the dream for sure. :D

Fortunately i've never been hurt and i dread the thought as I fly alone, so never let the cool calm exterior shown in my videos fool you, because under that helmet and behind those fogged-up goggles lies the contorted face of fear. :o

Thanks again

Randy
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-6-2023 at 06:13 AM

Good one Tom!! Very impressive work. (I suspect that you, jantie and Juan are all secretly movie moguls in "real life" complete with film crews, a team of music and film editors.) :D Those bugs do look pretty awesome and it would be cool to have something that portable. Maybe the next time the euro drops below the $.......

NPW Test Pilot -US99
RedSky
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-6-2023 at 08:36 PM

Guys, Randy has rumbled us. :D
Thanks btw! In real life, we all know i would be holding up a sign at some Hollywood traffic stop, will edit for food.
jantie

Mood: wind please!!

[*] posted on 20-6-2023 at 12:08 AM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Randy
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-6-2023 at 04:42 AM

"will edit for food" :D:D:D:D

NPW Test Pilot -US99

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio