Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Decisions ....
jjesseday

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 01:49 PM
Decisions ....

So I've got the bug again and decide that I am going to give landboarding another go. No room or time for buggying. I have a few fixed bridal kites but am already thinking about going depower again. I always liked my 6/12 m peak3 combo and am leaning towards single skin again. Is there currently a preferred option between the Peak / Shaman / Explore single skins? I'm just wanting something stable to learn landboarding on at my local beach. Not looking for anything to jump with or anything at this point. I figure I will change my kites if I get that good. I've currently got a 5 m beamer, a 4 m blade on the way and a 3.5 rage hopefully soon. I intend to play around with fixed bridal but when I was buggying I did that initially and quickly decided I wanted to go depower. Any land borders in the house?

Sting 1.2, 2.4
Pl hornet 2m
3.5 rage
4, 4.9 blade

jjesseday

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 04:18 PM

I don't know the more I think about it the more I think it might be fun to do small jumps. I know it is something I will grow into but for those of you land boarding what are you using for kites?

Sting 1.2, 2.4
Pl hornet 2m
3.5 rage
4, 4.9 blade

SecondWind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 05:23 PM

I'm a big fan of Flysurfer Peaks and used my 4m and 8m a few times with a mountainboard.

Not a ton of lift with Peaks, but super quick & easy to launch and pack down and safe in gusty spots!

Foil Kites: Flysurfer 12m Sonic 4, 10m Soul V2, Peak 5s and 5.5m Hybrid
LEIs: 9m Naish Pivot, 12m Naish Phoenix
Land: 16" Dirtsurfer GP
H20: 134 Shinn Monk Chromatic, Slingshot 103cm Hope Craft w/ Axis Spitfire 840
jjesseday

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 05:50 PM

I'm a big fan of Flysurfer Peaks and used my 4m and 8m a few times with a mountainboard.

Not a ton of lift with Peaks, but super quick & easy to launch and pack down and safe in gusty spots!

Yeah I loved my peaks too although I only owned them a short time. That's the way I'm leaning but I've seen some other used options so I'm having a hard time making up my mind.

Sting 1.2, 2.4
Pl hornet 2m
3.5 rage
4, 4.9 blade

dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 23-4-2024 at 04:58 AM

I use my surfing kites for land-boarding whenever I go... I used fixed-bridle at the beginning (longer ago than I care to admit) but definitely prefer the depower.

Also, FWIW, I recommend getting something you will jump with, once you get good at the back&forth, you will want to be able to spice it up a bit.

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
jjesseday

[*] posted on 23-4-2024 at 05:48 AM

I use my surfing kites for land-boarding whenever I go... I used fixed-bridle at the beginning (longer ago than I care to admit) but definitely prefer the depower.

Also, FWIW, I recommend getting something you will jump with, once you get good at the back&forth, you will want to be able to spice it up a bit.

Dylan, you're more than right. What are some options you recommend? I'm trying to buy used if I can help it.

Sting 1.2, 2.4
Pl hornet 2m
3.5 rage
4, 4.9 blade

dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 23-4-2024 at 07:56 PM

I have gotten spoiled with my Flysurfer Souls.. Theyre the best kites I've flown... I used to love using the PL Arcs (Phantom was my favorite, thought I saw one for sale here actually)), but those are hard to find these days.

I dont have a wide variety of surf kite experience, so not sure my opinion matters much, but if you can get one that works on water also, then thats just another thing you could try out in the future!

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
jjesseday

[*] posted on 24-4-2024 at 12:01 PM

Sorry Dylan I just saw this, thanks for your advice !

Sting 1.2, 2.4
Pl hornet 2m
3.5 rage
4, 4.9 blade

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio