Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Diff from a c kite and a bow kite
ladorn45

[*] posted on 21-8-2007 at 11:29 AM
Diff from a c kite and a bow kite

Hey I know this probably has been asked over and over. But i am knew to this sport and i am very eager to get into it. I have been reading up on kites and I am being confused from all the diffrent types of kites. I know the two main style are foil kites and inflatable kites. But what confuses me is the C kites and the bow kites. I know the diffrences and the advatnges between them. But how can i tell which is which. They c kites are in the shape of a C hence the name but then i see many bow kites that look like a C as well. Also is there any other diffrent kinds of inflatable kites other than the c kite the bow kite and a hybrid kite. Please help i have never been so confused
awindofchange
Posting Freak

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 21-8-2007 at 02:18 PM

The Bow kites (or SLE kites) are modified "C" kites. They are flatter in profile and usually have more depower ability than the standard C-kites. Most people seem to prefer the newer designed Bow kites but there have been some that still like the feel of the C-kites over the bow kites.

Generally, the Bow kite will have more power per size than the C kites. This is the reason the most common sizes average around 12 meter where the C-kites average around 15 meter.

Both have inflatable leading edges and struts, standardized control bar with 5 line systems. Control is nearly identical with the Bow kite being a little more technical on the actual settings of the power strap and sheeting control.

This is a very basic description between the two - hope that helps some.

Pablo
Posting Freak

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 21-8-2007 at 04:42 PM

At a glance, a C kite when inflated will look much like a cross section of an igloo or dome tent, the bow kites tend to be on a much flatter angle, more like a car's front windshield.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 21-8-2007 at 08:04 PM

Bow Kites usually incorperate a bridle of sorts to keep the flatter profile. They also usually use pulleys to give the added depower.

There are also SLE ( supported Leading Edge ) kites. They usually take on more of a C shape.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio