Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ozone Access2 8m
Taper123

Mood: Ready for some sand!

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 06:46 PM
Ozone Access2 8m

After flying this kite for a couple of weeks (that I bought used here on the PKF), it has quickly moved up to be one of my favorites. In a steady wind 10 mph and over, this kite has that steady comfortable power that is a joy to fly. Only had it out in winds up to 16mph so far, but even if it starts to feel overpowered, just sheet out and pull in a little on the depower and it just keeps flowing along.

Not super lifty, just as Ozone advertises. Kite seems to love apparent wind, as it just gets smoother the faster you get going, yet never feels out of control. Great for those who are still new like me, yet I bet some serious speed can be produced by those who know how to push it's limits.

A great kite for those who aren't looking for big air, but a steady controllable power with a silky smooth feel.

What do you do with your foils?

Charger 8, 12, 19
Scorpion 10, 16
And other foils...

Flexifoil Bug, CrazyFly board, MBS atb
SecondWind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2007 at 06:59 PM

Thanks for the review Taper,

I've read only good things about the Access. I'm really thinking about getting a 6m for my high wind days behind the Dirtsurfer.

Foil Kites: Flysurfer 12m Sonic 4, 10m Soul V2, Peak 5s and 5.5m Hybrid
LEIs: 9m Naish Pivot, 12m Naish Phoenix
Land: 16" Dirtsurfer GP
H20: 134 Shinn Monk Chromatic, Slingshot 103cm Hope Craft w/ Axis Spitfire 840
wjb

[*] posted on 11-9-2007 at 09:34 AM

I just saw this review. I am glad you like the kite. Wade

North 2010 Rebel 11m
North 2010 Rebel 8m
North 2010 Rebel 6m
Ozone Flow 2m
Nobile 555 145
Amundson Custom 6\'2\"
Roush Morphius Skimboard
Kracked Skulls M1
Burton King 167
Looking_Up

Mood: waiting for the ankle to heal

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 05:57 PM

:roll: more info what size are u

what do u ride

easy self launch and land?

would a 4m be good for someone thats relativley new but can handle my little devil 4.5m decent and is looking to progress!!!! in kite boarding or would the 6m be better

how lifty is it ?

Please elaborate as much as possible because my fiance and soon to be brotherinlaw are bit by the addiction and i would like something tame enough to hone their skills but not so tame they couldn't really get with it latter they are both about 140LBs and don't like static flying to much . My fixed bridle is a bit much when the winds get up and they don't weigh enough to keep my other kite on the ground so any info would be most apreciated

Kiting The Natural High

\"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.\" Leonardo da Vinci

Kites
Ozone: 2.5 Samuri, 3 & 4.5 Little Devil

Peter Lynn: 8 & 16 & 19 Venom II
12 Synergy

Liquid Force: 14 Havoc
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 06:05 PM

The 4m Access will be too tame.

8 is good and the 10 has a huge wind range.

Don't forget that Depower kites are less effecient so the 6 is about = 2 your 4.5 or less ?

The access is the least lifty of Ozones choices. The early years did NOT have a cam cleat for sheeting.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
centex_buggier

Mood: Missing the Beach Winds

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 07:12 PM

I have a 6m Access and in terms of power it fits between my JoJo RM+3 and 4. It won't keep up with the JoJos but if you want to sit back and relax in gusty conditions, it's a good kite. With the trimmer cleat you can sheet out and go way up wind, or depower the kite considerably.

It won't even fly in winds less than 15, but it is just fine above 20mph.

Steve.

NAPKRA: US98
Libre Hardcore
Libre Full Race

Ozone Little Devil 1.5
Ozone Access 4 and 6
JoJo RM+ 3, 4, 6 and 10
Libre Spirit 4.7 and 7.7
Airea Raptor 5.5
Ozone Frenzy07 10
Ozone Yakuza GT 12
kiteNH

[*] posted on 17-3-2009 at 06:42 AM

Not too lifty at all. What kind of winds are you trying to fly in? I'd say go for the 6m unless your winds are usually sub 15 mph and then I'd go for the 8m. Don't forget that you need a harness, etc for these. I'd also say that fixed bridle kites are easier to learn on than depower.

What do you mean when you say "kiteboarding"? The Access is great for landboarding but you can't take it out on the water. Also, if you're only flying static then I'd stick with fixed bridles. I love depower when I'm moving but don't really care to fly them static.
Looking_Up

[*] posted on 18-3-2009 at 06:12 PM

:smilegrin: thanks for the info what if i weighed under 150 and the winds are usually 10 to 25 and i am landboarding kite skateboarding:smilegrin:

Kiting The Natural High

\"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.\" Leonardo da Vinci

Kites

12 Synergy

SecondWind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-3-2009 at 07:59 PM

Go for a NPW on handles with a skateboard.

Foil Kites: Flysurfer 12m Sonic 4, 10m Soul V2, Peak 5s and 5.5m Hybrid
LEIs: 9m Naish Pivot, 12m Naish Phoenix
Land: 16" Dirtsurfer GP
H20: 134 Shinn Monk Chromatic, Slingshot 103cm Hope Craft w/ Axis Spitfire 840
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-3-2009 at 08:44 AM

OOPS!

If you are landboarding on tarmac you don't need a big kite.

Tarmac is tricky because there is no rolling friction. I have used my 7m Pulse but wouldn't want to fly too much bigger.

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Looking_Up

[*] posted on 20-3-2009 at 10:49 AM

:D sorry for all of the confusion i was looking for my brotherinlaw and my fiance had a pretty good idea of what i wanted i was just trying to get yall's opinion.

I finnally got the specifics on what each person was looking to do in there newly found sport

my fiance is looking to land board on all types of terrain but it will probably be the local school grounds or soccer feilds but she is not verry agressive when learning new things so she will probably end up in my bug when i get it finished so i picked what i thought would be good for her a 6 to 8 m acess xc and called a retailer to get his proffesional opinion with our winds 10 to 35 mph we agreed that less will probably be more and opted for the 6m access

as for my futer brother in law he is really getting proficiant with my little devil 4.5 so after talking to him he wants to go fast and jump on land boards primarily so for his progression we picked a frenzy 7m because he is light 145LBS but is only a freshman so he will need something he can grow into and activly advance his skills i also talked to the retailer about this choice and he agreed that for the winds, skill, and area of intrest this would be a great kite

so thanks for all of the advise i didn't mean to ask so many questions at once and throw every one of topic but i am new at posting so whats in my head doesn't allways make it to the screen the same way

i picked ozone for their quality and performance they have never let me down

i am still interested in your thoughts on the decisions:embarrased:

Kiting The Natural High

Kites

12 Synergy

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-3-2009 at 11:29 AM

Very Good Choices :thumbup:

Ken (K2)
seanrmz

[*] posted on 24-3-2009 at 08:21 AM

the access 09 is a vg kite, it wont let you down, user friendly and dont under estimate it, it had some grunt to it when you power it up. it,s stable and like the gusts. good wind :frog: sean

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio