Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Few questions
Viktoras

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 5-5-2004 at 11:59 AM
Few questions

I’m going to build doomwheels but when I start to do it I found one problem. I live in small Europe country and here I can’t to find 12inch wheels. Questions: is it possible to use 12inch wheels from children bike? Does anybody try to do it? Maybe they are not too strong for doomwheels and could be dangerous. Looking for answer and sorry for my bad English.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 7-5-2004 at 01:56 AM

Quote:
is it possible to use 12inch wheels from children bike?
My original wheels are actually from a kid's scooter. The same plastic wheels are often used for kid's bikes, baby strollers, golf carts etc. They are very common and I've seen them in several countries in hardware stores, toy shops and bike shops.

The only modification I made was to replace the ball bearings with some sealed packed bearings. This is necessary if you intend to skate on sand. The only thing I suggest you avoid is metal spoke wheels. They may work well enough, but I prefer the plasic ones.

If you can't find them for sale in your country, try an online dealer. There are some listed on the Kiteskaters Resource Page (skates section). Good luck!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio