Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kite Skating Help Please !!!!!
Vince

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 28-5-2004 at 07:07 AM
Kite Skating Help Please !!!!!

Following two trips to the coast this winter, I was amazed at the popularity of kiting. From junior's little "diamond" to single line monstrosities hovering over the beaches.

I was mostly intrigued by the dual line stunters and foils. What struck me most was the apparent pull flyers experienced from the foils and was excited to think I could incorporate a foil in my rollerblading.

I presently have a 2m dual line foil and am wondering if it is suitable to start with. For the most part I will be skating on a straight asphalt trail running north/south with the prevailing winds from the west or south west. (crosswind)

What length of line should I be using considering there will be sections where I will have to maneuver around the odd tree on the leeward side.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Vince Herchmer
Welland, Ontario, Canada
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 06:39 AM

Kiteskating can be done with almost any type of controllable kite, however the quality of you ride depends on the quality of your gear. I know nothing of your kite and I'm sure it could get you rolling although I suggest a quadline foil of 3(+) meters and a open area free of trees, poles or other obstructions.

It is easiest to learn under the best conditions. Experts may cruise around a small, complicated course (though I seldom do), but it would most likely leave a beginner frustrated.

It's the same with kite choice. Choosing a well performing, stable 4-line foil of adequate size vs. wind speed will provide the best results.

What I hear from you is that you have a small area with trees and a small kite you would need to fly in high wind and short while learning to kiteskate. I suggest you look for the complete opposite of all these things. It will save you time, money, and frustration looking for a better area and larger kite.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio