Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bularoo as a Beginner?
aldoushoffman

[*] posted on 24-6-2008 at 01:04 AM
Bularoo as a Beginner?

Alright so I've been poking around on the internet trying to figure out what kite I should get to get into kite boarding and I think I have taken a liking to the BEST kites due to their design and price. I have done alot of work with my 3.5m profoil and 1.2m two line foil. I've flown it in quite a bit of wind and I feel pretty confident controlling a foil. I found a site offering new 13m Bularoos for about $450. From what I can tell this is a great deal.

I weigh about 160lbs and will be primarily kiting in the Galveston area which I believes averages around 11 knots of wind around year round. What do you all think in terms of size of this kite for what I'm attempting to accomplish? It seems people really like the BEST kites to learn on especially the bow style. Any feedback is appricated.

Thus Far:

QuadTrac 3.5m Profoil
acampbell
Posting Freak

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 24-6-2008 at 04:50 AM

Honestly, you need to have this conversation on a beach with a certified instructor after flying his (her) gear. Yeah the Best stuff is great- Waroos and Bularoos are popular on our beach, but students feel more comfortable making size / purchase decisions after they have ridden.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
PHREERIDER
Posting Freak

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 24-6-2008 at 05:43 AM

you are in the right ballpark for size and gear. might try 9m or 11m
and get some help, a single land lesson will give you a better feel like angus had mentioned.
remember a harness will be needed. get in the water with the kite maybe a the end of your lesson and do some dragging. learn the safety stuff before you go, so you can apply it. launching and landing the kite, get it in your head before the lesson things will progress much faster, and you will get more out of it.
peace

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
domdino

[*] posted on 24-6-2008 at 08:10 AM

Bularoos aren't quite as user friendly as waroos just so you know - harder bar pressure and slightly trickier relaunch but they are fairly similar... a waroo is a very good kite though... as is the bularoo but it gave me a bit of tennis elbow because of the bar pressure - i get that easily though :D

Remember you're gonna have to add 2-300$ on top of that price to get the bar and lines as well...

You're in dallas, give Mike a call, he's a great guy- www.northtexaskitesports.com
He sells best as well and will be able to let you try some i'm sure
Tell him i sent you :thumbup:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio