Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pansh Legend 4.5m & Ace 6m
gtsorbet

[*] posted on 30-6-2008 at 06:38 PM
Pansh Legend 4.5m & Ace 6m

It all started so innocently. I have grown tired of the windy location I live at in Sacramento, it always seems so windy. So I figured if I bought a kite it would never be windy again. About a month ago I purchased a Symphony 2.2 knowing nothing about kites. I flew it both here and in Dublin at my brothers’ house. Then I found this forum…
Remember, I am brand new to this and may sound rather stupid on my review. I just wanted to explain my first day so people could read. I am 6’4” and 175lbs.
It seems everyone has 10+ kites and I wondered why. I know I needed a quad line kite but didn’t want to break the bank. Along came the promo for the Pansh Legend 4.5m & Ace 6m. I mean, really…how do you pass that up? Within about 2 hours of hearing about it I talked myself into it.
4 days after I purchased the kites, I get the package! It came in a mangled brown box but the kites were just fine. They come in little pull-tight bags made from the same material as the kite…won’t win a beauty pageant, but works. The wind was somewhere around 10mph with gusts up to about 15mph [these are my very rough estimates].
I talked to Dlish and he told me to take out the Legend 4.5m first and leave the Ace 6m in the bag until I am comfortable with the 4.5m. When I got the legend up in the air the first time it was apparent this was far different than the Symphony in every way. I liked it…a lot. Compared to the Symphony the pull was just far superior and the handling was much tighter. [It is slower than the Symphony but you can turn it on itself due to the brake lines] I was catching on fast and having a blast with it. I think every neighborhood kid was watching me.
The wind started dying down…so the itch to try the Ace 6m got to me. Dlish told me about the brakes needing to stay slack, so I had to adjust the lines a bit [took a few tries] to get it just right. It was apparent instantly the Legend and Ace are 2 very different kites. The Ace was so lifty, I didn’t entirely grasp the concept until the first real gust hit me. I pulls like a truck while lifting like a helicopter, that is my feeling. The wind started to pick back up and I quickly put it away for another day and put the Legend back up skyward.
As I sit here as a noobie knowing nothing about the sport, I wanted to dive right in and get a 6m so I could get pulled all around and have a good time. If this review can do one thing, I want others like me looking to get a big ass kite before something smaller to listen to what every other person says here…get a smaller kite first!!! If I wouldn’t have gotten the Legend 4.5m I would have been sad. The Ace is cool and I am glad I have it but where I am right now it was flying me. The Legend 4.5m has all the pull I want but still feels like I am flying it. Plus it’s just an awesome kite.
I have learned a bunch quickly and have a new understanding of kiting. The quad lines are awesome and give you more control with the ability to land it nicely. If I could only have one kite out of the two, hands down the Legend 4.5m personally. I feel like I wrote a ton but didn’t say much. Sorry for the long winded write, hope some of it made sense!
:)
solarix

Mood: Where\'s the beach?

[*] posted on 30-6-2008 at 09:16 PM

I will bite.

I have a 4m beamer and a 15.5m Flysurfer. The Beamer is a breeze, easy, no brainer. The Flysurfer 15.5 is a killer, it will hurt, when is the question. I am looking at the 4.5 and the 6 Pansh but I have a hard time NOT looking at the 5 and the 3 Pansh. If I could afford both sets, it would be all 4 of em.

Someone talk me into one or the other.

Jerry

Revolution I & II, QuadTrac Pro Foil 1m, Pansh Legend 3m, HQ Beamer III 4m, Pansh Ace 6m, Psycho1 15.5m, LaCrosse Wind meter, Dakine Pyro, 2 home brew water boards, Predator Helmets
gtsorbet

[*] posted on 30-6-2008 at 09:40 PM

I am going to go out on a limb here, you probably know more than I do about this but I wanted to give my 2 cents. If you already have a 4m and it's a breeze, wouldn't you want to get the bigger 4.5m rather than smaller 3m? Also, I would think you would get more out of the 6m than the smaller 5m if you can handle a 15.5m.
Ha, I am biased. I like my decision and wouldn't change mine. Good luck! I am fairly confident that didn't help your decision...:)
2stix

Mood: close to enlightened

[*] posted on 30-6-2008 at 10:24 PM

I have a HQ Scout 4m and I just got the 5m Ace and the 3M legend.
My choice was based on the Ace, not the legend, I went with the 5m because from what I have read, it was the original design for the Ace and all others were scaled up/down from it. I thought that if I am going to get one, the 5m would be the one. In the future, if I liked the Ace but wanted more, I could always get another one in a bigger size.
I flew it for the first time tonight in about 5-8mph winds, and really liked the energy in the kite, even for a gentle breeze, it was starting to show how much of a beast it will be. I personally feel that it will be more then enough kite for me for a while and I am 250lbs. Once I get it into higher speed winds and try to jump a little, then the true test of size will begin.
Good luck with your choice, I feel you can't go wrong at the price they are selling them for.
art_lessing

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 12:41 AM

I have a 5.0 m ace and a 5.5 meter legend.......they are very different....I bought the 5.5 first and that kite is a solid ride.......easy to predict and it goes up wind easily...I also have the legend 2.0....that thing is an excellent kite..in high winds it is a mean kite...so I guess this is my point for a while I had 2.0, 4.5 and 5.5...legend..I could easily stay with this quiver for a long time...although I got the jumping bug and the ace 5.0 does better in constant winds for jumping

DQ

Teds Profoil1.5 (man that thing\'s fast)
Pansh Legend 2.0, 4.5, 5.5
PKD Buster 3.0
NPW9 3.4
Homebuilt Buggy \"the Q-bug\"
#106 on this page
http://pic7.piczo.com/Popeyethewelder/?g=41859403&cr=7
my music...blatant self promotion
www.artlessing.com
www.myspace.com/art_lessing
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 01:21 AM

The legend 4.5m is my fave buggy engine... my 5m ace is a flipping blast, I have an AOA mod on it and it was my all time fave kite till I got my HQ Crossfire II 6.5m, the 5m ace is a great jumping kite for me. I'd like to try the 6m ace for the float the 5m doesn't float very well... I'd also like to get the 5.5m Legend for lower wind bug sessions... so as far as what to get you really need to look at what you plan on doing and your wind conditions in your area...
for the price it's hard to go wrong... be smart and fly safe...

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
Sthrasher38
Posting Freak

Mood: Stable ;)

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:30 AM

I like my Blaze 3m in the buggy. It has the stability of the legend with the speed of an Ace without the lift.

Beamer 1.8
Prism Stylus 2.5
Pansh Blaze 3.0
Flexifoil Bullet 4.5
NPW 4.8
Flexifoil Blade 6.4
Rockville Buggy
Thanks Power kite forum and Members.
solarix

Mood: Where\'s the beach?

[*] posted on 14-7-2008 at 08:48 PM

I got a Legend 3m and an Ace 6m.

The Legend is a breeze, wonderful powerful, fast and very fun to fly!

The Ace 6m lifts A LOT like the 15.5 but not as dangerous. 8-12 MPH on the ACE is a workout fun stuff! 15-18MPH on the Legend 3m is a blast!

While not the best kites, I have a 1m, 3m,4m,6m and a 15.5m, 4 lines sets, 4 sets of handles, a depower bar/line set + a harness + 2 helmets and a wind meter and I have spent just under $1000.00

I LOVE IT!

Revolution I & II, QuadTrac Pro Foil 1m, Pansh Legend 3m, HQ Beamer III 4m, Pansh Ace 6m, Psycho1 15.5m, LaCrosse Wind meter, Dakine Pyro, 2 home brew water boards, Predator Helmets
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-7-2008 at 04:37 PM

This is what people that are new need to understand ! It is SOoooo much more enjoyable to fly the kite rather than fighting it. You learning curve will be a lot better to !

[ The Ace is cool and I am glad I have it but where I am right now it was flying me. The Legend 4.5m has all the pull I want but still feels like I am flying it.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
geojones

[*] posted on 8-2-2009 at 04:02 PM

i just took my new legend 5.5 out yesterday and it was great getting dragged thru the slushy snow.....my buddy even flew it and he got a great scud of about 100 ft before he fell and he got dragged another 50 ft or so,and that was his first time flying!!it was really hard to turn though,because the brake lines were too slack so today ,i put my beamer lines and handles on it and control is so much better......still--its a bit scary,cause this pulls like a train:wee:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio