Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Can we save flysurfer???
dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 08:23 AM
Can we save flysurfer???

I just sent flysurfer an email in regards to their decision to drop the USA market, and dealers here. I have sent them a kind email expressing my personal preference for them, and also for powerzonekitesports (John has helped me a great deal, and I wanted to let them know that).

If you like these kites, and have a preference for a specific person to deal with, I urge you to let them know HERE

These kites are incredible, and I, for one, do not want to lose them in this market. I cant tell you how many times I thought I was screwed, and my kite wasnt coming back up out of the water, when it just untangled itself, and rose out of the water with nearly no effort on my part.

If you know... then you know, and I urge you, again, to send them an email asking them to stay.

Maybe we will be able to preserve at least one dealer here. Enough emails may change their mind. After all, what does it hurt them to just keep the channels open for sales here???

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
kiteNH

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 09:57 AM

I don't really know the details, but I don't think that they are going to stop selling kites in the US or anything. They are just going to be selling them direct as far as I know. Meaning you'd have to contact a distributor rather than a kite shop.

Again, I know only what I read in the link that I posted last week so don't take my word for it.

leebrianh

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dylanj423
I just sent flysurfer an email in regards to their decision to drop the USA market

Where did you hear that? I would be soooooo sad if that's true.

What I heard was that there is no Flysurfer "dealers" in US any more but Flysurfer-USA went direct sales to end customers - just like kiteNH mentioned.
domdino

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 10:54 AM

Yeah they're totally not dropping the market!? Ted just felt like he wasn't getting anything back from a lot of the dealers so he's selling direct but i'm pretty sure John of Powerzone will continue to operate as normal? John? Kites are still gonna be perfectly available just all the shops that sold flysurfer but never stocked them or cared about them will no longer be...

dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-9-2008 at 01:09 PM

Well, I am glad that their sales will be available here, but the customer support is another concern.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the word going around. Still sucks for some of us. It will be hard for them to live up to the standard of service already set, IMHO.

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio