Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: First ride with the Flysurfer SilverArrow2 19m
DenisLaMenace

thumbup.gif posted on 26-10-2008 at 05:24 PM
First ride with the Flysurfer SilverArrow2 19m

I had my first ride today with the SA2 19m that I traded with John for my 15m. The wind was not too stable ranging from 6 to 13-14knots and changing direction S to SW to S very often.

First I found the kite was still easy to fly even with the 4m extra. It is easy to keep it parked at midnight (or the edge) when parked, it seem to overfly less than my 15m, probably was well adjusted by John and the kite was stable enough IMO in the crappy wind condition.

I really felt the difference with the 15m. The extra size gave me more power for my weight, I could really make a bigger difference with the 2 other riders flying 16m tubes. They tried to ride without real success. In the peak none of them could go upwind. I was easily all the time.

At some point I even changed from my DOOR to my regular board. The 19m gives me enough power just to ride the small board. In the peak, I was riding too fast with the DOOR.

Its power really help to get up on the waterstart and gain speed fast just after. No real need to sin up and down the kite, this is what I was looking for and Im happy with that. It's really a park and ride kite

On the other hand it turns slow, so on my direction changes I could not get enough power during the low winds to do a transition without sinking a bit, but I'll get used to it and crank more to get good power for better transition turns.

I did 2 jumps. Jump higher, and float more of course. So smooth, I like it. But I didnt turn the kite fast enough to redirect forward and keep going on my landing. I need to get used to that too. I had been told by a friend who has one too, that jumping with it needs to crank a lot to redirect.

I am very happy with my trade, and glad I could give it a go on water before end of season. Water is cold now and my next ride with it will probably on snow.

That will be an awesome machine for snowkiting this winter. No way I'm gonna get skunked with that and winter better winds

That kite made my end of season DAY. :thumbup:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio