Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rails
scott laney

[*] posted on 13-12-2004 at 06:51 PM
Rails

Going to mcmasters for rails seems like a good idea. However, I'm working with a local machine shop and I want to run an idea by someone.

If I run the metal rails on the INSIDE of the skate track and then have the rails verge out (Picture the letter 'I' in bubble letters) would it still work. They could make the opening wide enough so that the front wheel could still be offset.

Also, any detailed pictures of the rail assembly on a completed skate, and a short part list would be great (mostly axel info)

Thanks.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 14-12-2004 at 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scott laney
If I run the metal rails on the INSIDE of the skate track and then have the rails verge out (Picture the letter 'I' in bubble letters) would it still work.
It will work, though not as well. This will allow twisting of the wheels when under force. Additionally, it may over stress the skate track (many are only plastic). Overall, I can't think of any benefit considering the disadvantages.

Though I may be posting an updated set of building instructions soon, the current page with images is here:
http://www.doomwheels.com/articles/buildwod.php

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio