Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: rails and chassis
scott laney

[*] posted on 23-12-2004 at 06:03 PM
rails and chassis

I have my doomwheels finished and have one follow up, fine tuning questions for you.

Have you experimented with different lenght spacers? You say to use a quarter inch spacer between the inside skate rail and the chassis. I feel like all of the pressure is on my ankle and moving the chassis more towards the center of the rails would provide more stability, not less.

have you experimented with different spacing patters (that goes for anyone reading this) and what has worked/not worked for you.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 24-12-2004 at 01:33 AM

I have experimented with different settings and found the closer the boot sits to the center, the more stress it put on my ankles when kiteskating. Remember that you are in a different position when kiting than regular skating.

Try this... tie a short rope to a tree (10 foot or so), grab the end and stand sideways to the tree with your knees bent and shoulders forward, then lean your body away from the tree at about 30 to 45 degrees with most of your weight on the tree-side leg... how do your skates feel? This is about the position you'll be skating in.

Of course, every kiteskater has different comfort points so each one should experiment to find the sweet spot. I offer the Doomwheels settings as a verified starting point. Let us know if you settle on another.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio