Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Placebo surfskate
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 05:00 PM
Placebo surfskate

my son turned me on to this board today.........straps or not this may be a schweet all rounder/low wind board.............................my neighbor rides a 6'1 Placebo thruster and loves it........................:thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud9-TlUplmo&feature=relat...

http://foxonlinestore.com/inc/sdetail/494

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 05:56 PM

I had the chance to try the placebo 5' surfskate while I was in Cuba 2 weeks ago. I am always the guy on the spot who ask questions until they say "do you wanna try" and then I say yes with a big smile !!!!

Unfortunately, it was the first time I went on a directional, and I only did 3 tacks back and forth.

my first tack was a mess.

on the second one it became clear how to stance so I was able to get upwind quite easy. It provides more float than my spleene 134 for sure.

I really like the feeling of a surf. I have no experience with surfing at all, but liked the feeling of more floats on the chop.

on my third tack, I tried jibing. Of course no success at first. Unfortunately I had to pass the board on to a Cuban who wanted to try too.

That gave me the hook to try a surfbaord this summer just for cruising.

I am tempted by either an Airush Choptop, a North freestyleFish, or a Royal High-Five. They share the same shape as the Placebo, being a small surf and wide, easier for a beginner, lots of float, good in LW, and skim ability.

I know a Placebo or a wakeskate like the Liquid Force or the InlandSurfer are cheaper but I am worry about the durability using them for kitesurfing and maybe jumping a bit???

MadKiteBoy

Mood: ready to ride

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 06:00 PM

really looks like the things that hyperlight made popular for skurfing.... always wanted to ride one behind the boat!!! those buggers are fast though wow

If u ever feel down and depressed.... just remember u were once the fastest, most vicious little sperm out of millions :D

HQ Scout 3m
HQ Neo 8m
HQ Neo 11m
PL Venom I 19m w Mods & Zero 4 Bar... ITS HERE
MBS Comp 90 Lanboard
Home Brewed water board
Countless Poor Man buggies
Mystic harness
One mad sense of adventure
and one DOPE dad

Proud mmbr of SoFKA
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 08:19 PM

WTF? Help me understand......he's riding the wake of a boat WITHOUT a tow rope?! How on earth does one get out to the wake in the first place?

Denis - with your limited directional exp. do you think someone like me who has yet to "get" it on the water on a twintip might also enjoy something like a directional surf especially since I've determined I'll have little issue riding regular and then toeside? (Goofy is where my issues will surface.)

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 03:48 AM

That is wake skating. You start out on a handle and then when you get on the wake and the boat gets settled, you drop the handle and they pull it in the boat. It requires additional weight in the boat which is usually set to one side to maximize the wake on the side of the rider, which seems to always be on the left of the boat. It's the perfect "on-demand" wave.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by macboy
Denis - with your limited directional exp. do you think someone like me who has yet to "get" it on the water on a twintip might also enjoy something like a directional surf especially since I've determined I'll have little issue riding regular and then toeside? (Goofy is where my issues will surface.)

Get on the water first with a twin-tip. When you can ride upwind effortless, ride toe-side, perform turn transitions on both side (to or heel), then I guess you can start learning on a directional

YEARS ago the first kitesurfers did not have twin-tip boards, they were riding on surf board with foil kite and handles

but anyone will progress faster starting on the twin-tip for sure, and there is enough thrill on the twin-tip when you first hit the water. so much fun !!

I guess the challenge is jibing and switching side on the board at same time, I look forward learning this

DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 06:12 PM

I think I want to try this for light wind

Not yet available though

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/features?news_id=798&uniqid=

MadKiteBoy

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeamerBob
That is wake skating. You start out on a handle and then when you get on the wake and the boat gets settled, you drop the handle and they pull it in the boat. It requires additional weight in the boat which is usually set to one side to maximize the wake on the side of the rider, which seems to always be on the left of the boat. It's the perfect "on-demand" wave.

They do this and they also take a modified wakeboard boat and run in a medium sized circle... and the surfer gets in the middle and rides a continuous wave... its pretty sweet

If u ever feel down and depressed.... just remember u were once the fastest, most vicious little sperm out of millions :D

HQ Scout 3m
HQ Neo 8m
HQ Neo 11m
MBS Comp 90 Lanboard
Home Brewed water board
Mystic harness
and one DOPE dad

Proud mmbr of SoFKA
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 26-3-2009 at 07:53 PM

Is that what those weight bags I saw at the watersports shop today are for?

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
MadKiteBoy

[*] posted on 27-3-2009 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by macboy
Is that what those weight bags I saw at the watersports shop today are for?

Yep!

HQ Scout 3m
HQ Neo 8m
HQ Neo 11m
MBS Comp 90 Lanboard
Home Brewed water board
Mystic harness
and one DOPE dad

Proud mmbr of SoFKA
f0rgiv3n
Posting Freak

Mood: Throw caution to the wind.

[*] posted on 27-3-2009 at 08:15 AM

Wakeskating is banned on most or all of the larger lakes here in Idaho... :( . As far as i know. It looks like it would be a blast though!

Kites:PL Hornet 2.0m, 15m Synergy
Dakine Pyro Harness
Rides: MBS Comp 16 Pro, Sector9 Longboard, Forum Snowboard
And always a helmet
My Kiting Blog

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio