Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Crossfire 7.7m thoughts
WadoGal

Mood: Itching to fly

smile.gif posted on 17-6-2009 at 01:56 PM
Crossfire 7.7m thoughts

I got a chance to take my newly aquired 7.7m Crossfire in some half decent winds last night. I was pretty sceptical about the conditions when I got out to the field, there was barely any wind. I usually have to deal with gusty on/off conditions, and this was no different really.

I managed to get the kite in the sky in about 3-5mph with a bit of effort. Once in the sky though, it was pretty easy to keep it there with such light wind. Won't be doing any traction activities at that wind speed though. Eventually the wind did pick up topping out at 13mph. Boy did that kite come alive!

First thing I noticed was the very smooth power. Scuds were effortless, unlike my smaller kites that rip me forward trying to take my arms along with it! I don't know if that is the product of a larger kite, or a higher quality kite - probably a combination of the two no doubt.

This was my first real experience with a lifty fixed bridle (my Turbo Diesel will lift me plenty!). Jumps were effortless when the wind was up - and nice float to boot! I can feel the potential for lofting if flown in higher winds without care, but I'm a pretty cautious kiter. That being said, I packed down when the winds started gusting because I felt I was on the edge of my contol level at 13 mph. This lift thing is fairly new to me!

Can't wait to try it with the landboard. I'll post my conclusions here when I do!:smilegrin:

Prism P.3
Slingshot TD 10m (For Sale)
Pansh Legend 2, 3, 4.5, 5.5m
HQ Apex 7.5m
HQ Crossfire 7.7m
MBS Atom 95X (For sale), MBS Comp 90
Drewculous
Posting Freak

Mood: Official Tough Mudder :D

[*] posted on 18-6-2009 at 09:50 AM

sounds good :thumbup:

been thinkin a 10m crossfire sounded pretty fun...

PL: Twister II 5.6m, Phantom 15m / 12m, 10m Synergy, JIBE Viper 5.3m, Charger 19m
HQ: Montana 4 12.5m, Apex 3 5m
Flexi: Blade ViP, Rage 1.8m \"lil Pepi!\"
FlexiFoot Bug / FlexDeck / MBS Core 95 / Custom Carbon Fiber MTH \"Monster Door\"
Corsair Crash Test Dummy (QC Suervisor :lol: )
My most perfect days have been on Jekyll
luke1000

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 01:58 AM

Yeah crossfire's are nice kites i have a crossfire 4m but i have been thinking about getting a crossfire 2 8m or a Peter Lynn Twister 2 7.7m but not sure which one to go for.

Which one would you recommend? as i've heard that the crossfire 8m is a bit on the heavy side.

I just want thoses nice floaty jumps:singing:

HQ Crossfire 4.0
Started kiting
11/05/06
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 03:48 PM

The 7.7m Twister II is flipping sweet, the CF II is sweet also, I haven't flown the 8m but own the 7.7m Twister II and can vouch for it!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
luke1000

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 29-7-2009 at 01:56 AM

Thanks for the recommendation.

decisions, decisions:Ange09:

HQ Crossfire 4.0
Started kiting
11/05/06
acampbell
Posting Freak

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 29-7-2009 at 09:32 AM

The Crossfire is slightly heavier build than the Twister due to extra reinforcement tape at the leading and trailing edge, as opposed to a rolled and sewn approach taken by Peter Lynn. My CF 7.7 sail was a 1/2 lb. heavier than my 8.3m Reactor and the Twister shares similar construction except the Twister has a bit less bridle, so it should come in really light. construction quality of each is similar and quite good.

An advantage of the CF II is the ground adjustable bridle with the low lift "buggy setting". The low lift setting speeds up the kite and you have to learn when to ride the brakes though or you will over-fly and luff.

The Twister cannot be fitted with an after-market bridle adjustment like the Flexifoil AAA kit, since it does not have separate A-B-C bridle segments (each bridle segment has an A-B-C). That said, it is still a great kite and my customers are saying great things, like smoother power delivery than a Blade.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio