Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PL Viper 2.6 First Flight
mougl
Posting Freak

Mood: Stoked for JIBE!!!

[*] posted on 23-6-2009 at 06:57 PM
PL Viper 2.6 First Flight

I get home to find it waiting for me so naturally, i rip open the box like a kid on Christmas morning. (we all do that right?) I hurry up and unpack the kite and find myself thinking, "Hmm...this thing is tiny!" Dynamite comes in small packages...

Get to the field today, set up, give it a tug and shes off! Nice easy launch and the first thing I noticed is that this kite needs VERY little input from brake lines or pulling handles back and it zips across the window like a 5 year old after a 6 pack of red bull. Holy #@$! this thing is FAST!!! I kept it high in the window at first just to get used to the speed this thing had. Did a few spins, and this thing turns on a dime. Raced it from left to right and just at the edge of the window, I applied very little left brake. Instant turn. It's like the kite stopped dead, turned 180 degrees, then raced back to the left. Extremely responsive! Needless to say, this thing is amazingly fun to fly!

Ok, so now I know it's a fast little bugger but how's the power? Only one way to find out! Brought it down lower into the window where the real power is and for a brief moment I had to remind myself that I wasn't flying my Twister II. This little beast had me running forward a few times. Wind speed was roughly 16 mph gusting to the mid 20's and when a gust hit, the Viper let me know. It had no trouble pulling me on the ATB thru rough terrain and tall grass in these conditions...in fact, it pulled me off the atb so I figured I'd stick to static for now.

Overall: This kite is VERY responsive, very fast, stable, fast, powerful, did i mention fast? and overall an absolute joy to fly. (it pegged the fun-o-meter)

If you want a kite that flies faster than a rabid gnat, and pulls like a wild horse, this is the one you NEED to buy!

(I think my Twister is getting jealous already):ninja:

US357
PB: 53.1 mph

Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 24-6-2009 at 12:00 AM

What did it cost? 4 line yeah?

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
mougl
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 24-6-2009 at 06:06 AM

Retail is around 260ish RTF (kks, lines, handles, stake, bag, etc) and yes 4 line. I highly recommend this kite to anyone who has an addiction to putting nylon in the sky! I think DAKITEZ has some in stock. If you are thinking about this little beast, stop thinking a,d just get one...you WILL be glad you did! :D

US357

SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 24-6-2009 at 06:28 AM

Great review!!! I agree 100.0001% this kite gives me the "lil high school girl giddies" when I fly it, it has stunt capabilities with advanced skills, like mougl mentioned it needs lil to no break input to control, but when you learn to fly with the right break input this kite will literally fly backwards... Dakitez compared it to a Rev, I think that this kite has unbelievable control...
:bouncy:
Mougl, glad you are enjoying it as much as I have been!!!

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 24-6-2009 at 05:16 PM

You already know I agree with you :smilegrin: Glad you like it as much as screwy and I do.

I feel this kite has been extremely over looked. But I will do my best to share my enjoyment of this kite with others.

And yes they are in stock :yes:
mougl
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-6-2009 at 01:09 PM

Took it out again yesterday and when the winds hit 20 sustained, I put the twister away and broke out the Viper. This kite is even more amazing in higher winds! In 20 mph, this thing has power to spare! (Thought the lil bugger was gonna rip my arms off at one point!) Got some great speed on the ATB, and seeing as how this thing flys so fast, it wasnt difficult to keep tension on the lines. Hopped off the ATB for a bit to fly this thing HARD static. I was amazed at the control once again. I was literally diving the kite LE first straight at the ground, hit the brakes, and watch the thing come to a screaming hault a few feet off the ground, back up, turn, and go bolting off in another direction. As for flying backwards, yes it does! (I'm still not very good at it, but I can make it happen briefly) I'm finding that the harder you fly this little beast, the better it flies. I'm now starting to understand why people say smaller kites can kick your @$$ quicker than a big kite sometimes :yes:

Buy this kite or you're :crazy:

lol!

US357

DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 26-6-2009 at 01:30 PM

gotta say it again ......

I TOLD YOU SO :lol:

I'm glad you listened this time :smilegrin:

That kite is soooo fun.