Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: My Last Hurrah!
tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 11-5-2021 at 09:20 AM
flyhighwny

feel free to grab the bag if it suits you - no harm, no foul.
if the dive camps at University at Buffalo ever come back, (due to covid) perhaps we can get together for a fly or two or three. they're generally in the last week of june. there's a remote possibility that it'll go this year, but i think the logistics are going to can it again.
even if it gets the go-ahead, if i can't use the canadian drive from detroit due to the border shutdown, i may not make the trip, anyway. going down through ohio adds 100 miles to the drive.
tom
soliver
Posting Freak

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-5-2021 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Windstruck  
Spenser - I may have interest in the buggy. If the dust settles and it makes it home to ATL please reach out to me. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SCRAP SUCH A BEAUTIFUL RIDE.

Will do Steve,... I'll reach out after JIBE if it makes it back home.

I'm going to take a nap now
soliver
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-5-2021 at 10:20 AM

I'm on the beach now... not much wind to speak of and the little bit that is coming is off shore, according to forecasts it's supposed to start coming on shore around 2:00 keeping my fingers crossed for something useable for my final last hurrah.

I think I see JackOh up the beach a little ways... I'm where we put in on Monday with Angus, Brian, Bobby and Philip.

I saw Randy by the access and we completed the transaction on the NASA Stars and 3 wheels, so those are off the table.

Come on down and at least say hi... ima sit and wait for the wind... prayerfully.

ScottAvery

[*] posted on 12-5-2021 at 12:31 PM

2:00 has come and gone, hope the quiet means the wind is blowing.
soliver
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-5-2021 at 05:13 PM

Haha! today turned out to be a decent last day of kiting for me. I sat and waited on the beach for a while and Jack (JackOh) came down and joined Randy and I and we all hung out waiting on the wind. There turned out to be a nice breeze out of the north and I was able to take some final runs with the 6m Peak.

After getting to hang out with Jack and his sons Tyler and Kyle (pretty sure thats right) I learned that a dad and his sons were all getting into kiting together, and had worked together at fabricating an awesome buggy and all shared their gear. As I told him, I thought it was really cool that there were able to enjoy a hobby as a family. They succeeded at that where I had failed. I also learned that Jack was working toward getting into depower and hoped to get himself some Phantoms. All of that told me that this was the right person to hand off the minty fresh gifted 6m Peak 1 to. So Jack and his sons will be enjoying the 6m and learning depow with it.

All of you guys out on the beach who are veteran depower kite pilots, make sure Jack and his sons learn how to fly this little puppy right!

After that hand off, I loaded up and found the rest of the crown in the Pavilion at Great Dunes Park. I was just late enough to see Angus drive off, so I didn't get to say goodbye to him, but I talked a little to some of the guys and bid you all adieu.

I drove up to the campgrounds to see if I could spot Bobby to say goodbye, but missed him... ironically I think I followed him out of the campgrounds (who else had an Apex Exxtreme on the back of their SUV?) and hoped to catch him when he landed somewhere, but he turned around and headed the other direction.... probably wondering who was following him.

Alll in all, a good day.... kinda like the last day of summer camp as a kid.

All that said, all thats left is the 12m Peak2 and the Harness which are going to go to ScottAvery when I get home and the VTT Stinger Buggy, which Steve expressed an interest in. I'll email both of you guys in the coming days and we can figure out the Specifics.

Thanks everyone for the great JIBE and thanks for making this great Hobby even greater by being great people!

Windstruck
Posting Freak

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 13-5-2021 at 06:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soliver  

After getting to hang out with Jack and his sons Tyler and Kyle (pretty sure thats right) I learned that a dad and his sons were all getting into kiting together, and had worked together at fabricating an awesome buggy and all shared their gear. As I told him, I thought it was really cool that there were able to enjoy a hobby as a family. They succeeded at that where I had failed. I also learned that Jack was working toward getting into depower and hoped to get himself some Phantoms. All of that told me that this was the right person to hand off the minty fresh gifted 6m Peak 1 to. So Jack and his sons will be enjoying the 6m and learning depow with it.

That sounds perfect. Well played my friend, well played.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 13-5-2021 at 11:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soliver  

I drove up to the campgrounds to see if I could spot Bobby to say goodbye, but missed him... ironically I think I followed him out of the campgrounds (who else had an Apex Exxtreme on the back of their SUV?) and hoped to catch him when he landed somewhere, but he turned around and headed the other direction.... probably wondering who was following him.

Sorry I missed you Spencer. We were heading to dinner and I missed the turnoff so had to turn around. Happy trails brother!

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio