Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Pass the Reflex
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 02:13 PM

Looks like the Reflex 4 will soon be on the way to bobalooie57. dgkid let me know when you send it. Glad you had a good time with it.
S

Is it possible to design for strength, if the designer doesn't really understand what strength is?
8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country Reflex 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10m new 6m!
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Sky Country Alasca 10m - sold
Rhombus Firebee 3m (ret).
Libre Vampir Race Pro 2.6m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
dgkid78

Mood: Wicket Smaht= Wicked Smart

[*] posted on 9-7-2009 at 02:30 PM

Sure No Problem, Scudley.

Awesome kite too. lots o fun!! :D

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

My Quiver is old...but I\'m a broke kiter!!!

Video:

http://vimeo.com/6674899

Some Pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgkid78/
dgkid78

Mood: Wicket Smaht= Wicked Smart

[*] posted on 10-7-2009 at 04:57 PM

Should arrive in new york Tuesday. Who's that? Ya live in the boonies lol extra for shipping .....not a problem at all..was fun flying it :)

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

My Quiver is old...but I\'m a broke kiter!!!

Video:

http://vimeo.com/6674899

Some Pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgkid78/
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 11-7-2009 at 01:04 PM

Whoo hoo! Can't wait! Been busy remodelling my bathroom, could use a good excuse for a kitebreak! bobalooie57 (boonies, yeah, but it's quiet!)

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2009 at 05:02 PM

Bobalooie57, I hope you enjoy the kite. Be careful, my (new) 4m Reflex smacked me today.
The day started early, about 6:30, with 10 kts. I put up my Alasca (10m depower). Around 10:30 the wind was up and now gusting, I got lifted out of the buggy. I decided to switch down to my Reflex 4. I launched the 4m from behind a sort hedge. When the kite got above the wind shadow of the hedge, it yarded me across the field with me rolling and bouncing. Ended up losing about 20 sq. inches of skin off my left shoulder blade. (I made up for the loss of skin by replacing it with a bunch of sand and gravel.)
It was not that bad; I continued to kite for another three hours. Then got the wounds cleaned out and bandaged. My shoulder smarts pdg. I would say it was a pretty good day of kiting, but I only stayed for nine hours.
S

Is it possible to design for strength, if the designer doesn't really understand what strength is?
8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2009 at 05:13 PM

Seems that letting go is not an option that Scudley considers ! :evil:
Amazing how you flew your way out of that one even after the flips :thumbup:

It was a fun day though ! :roll:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
kitejumper

[*] posted on 12-7-2009 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scudley
Bobalooie57, I hope you enjoy the kite. Be careful, my (new) 4m Reflex smacked me today.
The day started early, about 6:30, with 10 kts. I put up my Alasca (10m depower). Around 10:30 the wind was up and now gusting, I got lifted out of the buggy. I decided to switch down to my Reflex 4. I launched the 4m from behind a sort hedge. When the kite got above the wind shadow of the hedge, it yarded me across the field with me rolling and bouncing. Ended up losing about 20 sq. inches of skin off my left shoulder blade. (I made up for the loss of skin by replacing it with a bunch of sand and gravel.)
It was not that bad; I continued to kite for another three hours. Then got the wounds cleaned out and bandaged. My shoulder smarts pdg. I would say it was a pretty good day of kiting, but I only stayed for nine hours.
S
ahhh......sounds like fun--i had a beautiful OBE today with the blade 10.5,was cruising nice and fast and i hit a couple dry patches in the grass,all of a sudden im bumping this way and that,trying to steer straight and out i went at 20 mph or so--i rolled over about 3-4 times,then dumb buggy rolled over on me--just got scraped up and a leg bruise,but i'll bet it was a thing of beauty to the bystanders in the field LOL
RonH

Mood: Missing Sunset Beach

[*] posted on 13-7-2009 at 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally by Scudley

I launched the 4m from behind a sort hedge. When the kite got above the wind shadow of the hedge, it yarded me across the field with me rolling and bouncing. Ended up losing about 20 sq. inches of skin off my left shoulder blade. (I made up for the loss of skin by replacing it with a bunch of sand and gravel.)

Hey!

You did not tell how badly your 4m yanked you when I saw you at the park!

I let go once instead of an obe over the front fork and later I had to deal with a wind shift that had me ride over the lines at the same time the kite re-inflated and powered up. Ouch!

Ron
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 14-7-2009 at 08:39 AM

Scudley, received the kite this am. U2U'd you. Thanks, Bob

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-7-2009 at 06:33 PM

I got my first shot at the 4M Reflex this am. Blue sky morning, computer listed winds W at 10 mph, so I headed to the fairgrounds. When I got there, winds seemed more like 15, with some higher gusts, to maybe 20. After sorting out some tangled lines, ( how long are those lines?, btw) and admiring the orange/red color scheme with white lightning bolts, I launched the Reflex at about 45 deg. and was off and running to avoid being pulled across the field! Screwy said Gumption!, I say Gumption with Attitude! I got her to zenith, and she kept pulling, wanting to lift my 195# butt off the ground! I decided this was too much wind for this kite and my newbie health, so I landed her, folded her up and spent two hours in the buggy with the 2M Beamer! I went back around 4 pm, and the winds had calmed some to about 8 mph, gusting to 15 or so, so I was game to try again. I launched, and quickly sat in the buggy, to have some place to put all that power, and was soon going about as fast as I can remember going on grass in the bug, and was rapidly running out of field! Afraid of the OBE potential, if I tried to brake too quickly, I flew the kite out of the window, collapsing it and then bringing the buggy to a stop. I'd have to say that I'd really love more time with it to explore the kite's (and my own) potential, but it will be off on Monday to bigben in Albany, i think - U2U to you Scudley, and once again thanks! kitejumper - you're gonna love this kite!bobalooie57

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-7-2009 at 07:13 PM

Bob,
why not keep the kite until after next weekend, there are only two more guys on the list after you. Maybe your wind will be more suitable. Let me know if you want to send the kite on right away.
The lines are 30m.
See skycountry.ca for pricing, prices are listed at the bottom of the kite pages. The prices are in Canadian dollars, about ninety cents US. If you are interested in buying a kite drop me an email at my skycountry email.
Reflex has some pull once it gets moving. Check at the bridle for the AoA setting. Putting the larkshead at on the knot closest to the leading edge will take away some of power and make the kite way more lively and less lifty. that is how I usually fly it or one away from the leading edge.
I will send you Ben's address by U2U as soon as I clean out my excess messages.
S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
kitejumper

[*] posted on 19-7-2009 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
[ kitejumper - you're gonna love this kite!bobalooie57
i cant wait!! hope to buggy and maybe jump
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-7-2009 at 05:21 AM

Scudley, again many thanks! I certainly will hold on to her this week. I'd love to get in some light and steady winds with this kite. I think it goes upwind better than anything else I've flown (limited) but I've never had access to a kite like this one! I almost had to go upwind to keep from going too fast! Whoo hoo! With all the hot air going on in Albany, bigben91682 will never hold her down!b57

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-7-2009 at 10:14 AM

Bob,
Hope you got to fly this weekend. Wind here was terrible. I sat in the park on Saturday in the blazing sun waiting for wind. U2U sent to you with bigben's address.
S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
bigben91682

[*] posted on 27-7-2009 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
With all the hot air going on in Albany, bigben91682 will never hold her down!

You know, they don't call me Big Ben for nothing. :)

Looking forward to my turn! Good timing too, I finally have some open weekends coming up.
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 29-7-2009 at 11:09 AM

O.K. so here goes, I got to fly the Reflex 4 about seven times total, in winds from 0-5mph, all the way up to 15-20, w/possible higher gusts. I found I could launch her in just a puff of wind, and the long (30M) lines helped get her up to find some clean wind, but keeping her there takes some skill and athletic ability in very light wind. Sometimes during a lull, she would fold completely in half, dropping out of the sky, but any kite will do this. In light and variable wind, say 3-8, I found myself oversteering the kite and sending it into a spin, but this is probably due to my inexperience with the kite and long lines. Today in fairly steady 8-12 the kite really was at it's best for me. I was able to fly her all over the window, without too much fear of being tossed, and once again in the buggy had to turn hard into the wind to keep her flying, and was able to get in some great runs across the soccer fields at the fairgrounds. Awesome in both power and lift in the higher winds I flew in, I found my comfort zone was definitely in the steady 8-12 mph range, but with practice with this kite, I could probably get comfortable with it up to 20. Will be sending it out this afternoon to bigben91682. Thanks again to Scudley, for sharing this kite with us all. bobalooie57

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-7-2009 at 04:24 PM

You are very welcome Bob.
Ben please u2u me when you get kite.
There are only a couple of more people on the list. Anyone else want to have a go with it?
S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
bigben91682

[*] posted on 1-8-2009 at 08:38 AM

Got it this morning (Scudley sent you a U2U) thanks Bob.

Calling for light winds tomorrow, should be good for a static go with the Reflex, hoping the rain holds off.

Thanks again guys.
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-8-2009 at 09:19 PM

Ben, did you get out with the Reflex? Let us know how it went.
S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 24-8-2009 at 02:18 PM

I have asked Bigben to send the Reflex on to George Jones in Toledo. Please let me know when it has been sent and when it reaches its destination.
I hope you had some fun with it Ben.
S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
bigben91682

[*] posted on 24-8-2009 at 02:23 PM

Got you PM Scud, and I'll send it out tomorrow.

I only had a chance for one flight with it with mixed results, not because of the kite but because of the wind....summer duldrums for sure around here... It had a surprising amount of pull when the wind cooperated enough to keep it in the air, and I liked it's speed and performance. Got a couple runs in the buggy before the wind went super flaky and wouldn't keep anything in the air. All in all it's a nice little kite, lines were a bit long for my taste (30m?) but wasn't really a detriment to the kite, more of a personal preference.

Thanks again Scudley, I'll send it along....
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-8-2009 at 09:58 AM

I have tried Reflexes on shorter lines, but really prefer them on the 30m lines. Shorter lines are nice if your flying space is really limited, but I find the Reflex is responsive enough that the control is not hindered by long lines. Reflexes are so fast that on short lines you have to be reacting pretty quickly to keep it in the power.
Sorry to hear that Albany is such a bad place for wind. Maybe I should send you the Phlorescent Leach, 10 meter Reflex. It flies when just about everything else is lying on the ground. If there is wind, watch out because it pulls like a truck.

S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
bigben91682

[*] posted on 25-8-2009 at 01:25 PM

I agree with you, I don't think the long lines were a detriment to the performance, I think I just wasn't used to it. Nice kite though. I'm missing the spring winds, hopefully they'll be picking up as things cool off around here.
kitejumper

[*] posted on 28-8-2009 at 06:01 PM

i got a note from the postal svc -so im guessing thats the kite--i was geojones--now im kitejumper-so i'll check it out and get back to you,winds permitting
Maven454
Posting Freak

Mood: I has a grumpy.

[*] posted on 9-9-2009 at 12:27 PM

Add me to the list. Please.:singing:

"I gave up on wind speeds... its either crappy, gravy, epic, or stupid... in that order"
--Drewculous

Ozone: Imp III Quattro 1m and 1.5m, Flow 2m, 3m, 4m, and 5m.
NAPKA# US454
Scudley
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-9-2009 at 11:24 AM

I am hoping the Reflex is on its way to Nebraska. From there it goes to Maven454 in Virgina. He seems to be the last in the US interested in trying out a Reflex. Are there anyone in Canada wanting to try it out before it comes back to Vancouver.
S

8m speed wings.
Ozone Samurai 3m
Sky Country NaSCa 2 11m
Jojo Rage 8m

www.skycountry.ca
cheezycheese
Posting Freak

Mood: Ready for action !!!

[*] posted on 16-9-2009 at 07:13 PM

i know i am a relative newbie on this site, but i would love to try something different. i hope to meet some of the guys down at wildwood in a few wks and build a few relationships. also hope to come back with something that has wheels. so if it's o.k. i would love to be added to the list....:Ange09::Ange09::Ange09:
i'm in poughkeepsie, ny b.t.w.

US888
PL- Aero v1 11m / Phantom 6/9/12/15/18
Ozone Chrono v2 9m
Liquid Force Elite 6.5m
Flysurfer - Peak 3 4m
PKD - Century 2.5m, Soulfly 3.5m
Ted's Profoil-1m/3.5m
Custom NABX Rev
GT Rapide V/VTT-XR+ Special
Maven454
Posting Freak

Mood: I has a grumpy.

[*] posted on 17-9-2009 at 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cheezycheese
i know i am a relative newbie on this site, but i would love to try something different. i hope to meet some of the guys down at wildwood in a few wks and build a few relationships. also hope to come back with something that has wheels. so if it's o.k. i would love to be added to the list....:Ange09::Ange09::Ange09:
i'm in poughkeepsie, ny b.t.w.

Assuming that the Reflex gets to me in time, I'll likely bring it to Wildwood and you could try it there.

"I gave up on wind speeds... its either crappy, gravy, epic, or stupid... in that order"
--Drewculous

Ozone: Imp III Quattro 1m and 1.5m, Flow 2m, 3m, 4m, and 5m.
NAPKA# US454
ragden
Posting Freak

Mood: ready to ride...

[*] posted on 17-9-2009 at 04:51 AM

You know, I'd be interested to see this kite at the Buggy Bash... But let me be serious in saying I'm normally too busy flying what I have to check other stuff out for more than a few minutes... lol. Would be neat if you could bring it to the buggy bash though. :)

Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DELUXE
Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Flysurfer Psycho4 8m
Peter Lynn Buggy
Twisted Velocity (164)
Spleene (Monster) Door 164x50 (for sale?)
FlyDoor XL (2013)
2011 Spleene RS 132
cheezycheese
Posting Freak

Mood: Ready for action !!!

[*] posted on 17-9-2009 at 03:11 PM

that's cool... see you in w.w. :cool2:

US888
PL- Aero v1 11m / Phantom 6/9/12/15/18
Ozone Chrono v2 9m
Liquid Force Elite 6.5m
Flysurfer - Peak 3 4m