Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: The Blade is King
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-3-2008 at 08:52 AM

I thought 2.5X the windspeed was good in a buggy. You were over that if not 3X. How do you think it fits in with your PL 8.3 as a light wind machine? (Maybe tough without a head to head matchup) I guess it isn't fair to compare 8.3m to 6.5m but the comparo is interesting since they are very different kite designs. Maybe you will have light enough winds at NABX to try an 8.5 as well.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Sthrasher38
Posting Freak

Mood: Stable ;)

[*] posted on 27-3-2008 at 03:26 PM

Let's hope not! I would like to have a steady 12-16 every day I am there. But I'm not that lucky so I'll take what I can get. No matter what when Dlish shows up the wind will be gone.:lol: (just kidding Dlish)
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-9-2008 at 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SCREWYFITS
What's up BB..

Well... the kite gains turning speed when the knot is moved in (so more pig tail hanging)... funny thing, DAKITEZ got a 6.5m Midnight to play with and then I was hooked and ordered one (a Rasta but had to settle for Petrol)... The midnight came on the first knot and the petrol on the second knot (middle knot)... weird that they ship with dif settings...

I prefer the middle knot when in bug setting, as its sportier and has speedy turns... in lift setting thy kite turns well enough on the powers alone...

Lower wind I would put it on the 3rd knot (3rd knot in) so you can keep it moving and create apparent...

FUN FUN FUN Kite!!!

Thanks Screwy. Petrol was my first choice with rasta second. So if you were in higher winds, would there be an advantage of letting the crossbridles out to calm things down? Is there ever a time when you would want to slow the turns down? I have only had 3-4 hours with it in the buggy in consistent enough winds to evaluate anything. I was at ease using it in the 9 mph winds I had those days. Have you found that the crossover settings affect lift at all? Why do you think you like the middle setting when in the buggy? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm an analytical and like to figure out how things fit together for cause and affect. I'll make my own conclusions with some wind blowing over my own kite. It's supposed to blow at 13 today but that might be Crossfire II territory at least at first.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 19-9-2008 at 05:22 AM

Quote:

So if you were in higher winds, would there be an advantage of letting the crossbridles out to calm things down? Is there ever a time when you would want to slow the turns down?

The only advantage of letting the bridals out and calming anything down is if it turned too quick... (big jumps and more than one redirect)
The only time these crossovers work (pull the tips) is when you pull a handle back... they stay loose (slack)

otherwise... when you move a knot, it either reacts sooner (when you start to pull) or takes a larger pull to get it too react...

Quote:

Have you found that the crossover settings affect lift at all?

No... other than turn speed to generate lift...:thumbup::D

Quote:

Why do you think you like the middle setting when in the buggy?

Works really well for me, allows me to work the kite or park it...

Quote:

It's supposed to blow at 13 today but that might be Crossfire II territory at least at first.

Not me... The Blade... If I had a 8.5m that would be my preference for a semi to clean 13...:saint:

Trust this kite more its absolutely predictable, start on a lower lift setting if you feel more comfy... The Blade IV is no where near as snatchy as the III so that side is not a worry... The Crossfire II will warm and stretch the muscles and get the confidence up though... :ticking:

This is the first kite out of my bag religiously... It is fantastic... It's going on a Mex cruse (along with a 3m legend, 4 her) with my wife and I next week... :cool:

Enjoy and be safe as always...:singing:

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
Sthrasher38
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-9-2008 at 11:22 AM

Screwy, Have a good time on your trip. Keep ripping it up on the Blade! I have only had a kite in the air once since our meeting:thumbdown: Working my :moon:Off. Hope to see ya when you get back.

Beamer 1.8
Prism Stylus 2.5
Pansh Blaze 3.0
Flexifoil Bullet 4.5
NPW 4.8
Flexifoil Blade 6.4
Rockville Buggy
Thanks Power kite forum and Members.
SecondWind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-9-2008 at 11:37 AM

Sthrasher - The Ace looked good when it made it back to me :thumbup:

No plans for another demo yet - maybe once I get settled on Guam we can figure something out.

I like all the Blade IVs :yes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sthrasher38
Oh c'mon Bob. You know we all want to try it too. Did you ever get a try at the 4.9 Davinch sent out? I have got a chance to try 3 different items from Davinch so far. Thanks Davinch. Is there a 4th? I'm ready. And please let us know how the Ace is. I am curious. Ya know that kite went through alot of hands and had a long trip all over the place. If it made it through still in good shape I think Pansh should get some credit for that. It is not all that bad imo. If it took on all of us and made it home safe. That alone says something.

BladeIVs.jpg - 201kB

Foil Kites: Flysurfer 12m Sonic 4, 10m Soul V2, Peak 5s and 5.5m Hybrid
LEIs: 9m Naish Pivot, 12m Naish Phoenix
Land: 16" Dirtsurfer GP
H20: 134 Shinn Monk Chromatic, Slingshot 103cm Hope Craft w/ Axis Spitfire 840
Sthrasher38
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-9-2008 at 11:40 AM

Very nice line up! Congrats on the big move. Wish ya the best!

Beamer 1.8
Prism Stylus 2.5
Pansh Blaze 3.0
Flexifoil Bullet 4.5
NPW 4.8
Flexifoil Blade 6.4
Rockville Buggy
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-9-2008 at 08:13 PM

Thanks for feeding my hunger for info Screwy. I'll try to change the bridle around next blade day I have. I really wanted to spend time with the CF II today since I got my bridles adjusted. I think I'm finally good enough to make that baby work for me. I wasn't perfect but got to where I could tell when she wanted to fold up. Sometimes the wind was just horrible though.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 28-9-2008 at 08:31 PM

I'm Back,
Tan as heck...
Not much kite time... a lil at Mazatlon, about an hour and a half... probably 6-8 steady with locals wanting to sell you everything every 5 min... funny as heck...
BB you get a chance to check out the Blade and it wonderful adjustments?
Sthrasher, miss ya man lets get out and have some air time... hows DAKITEZ? I'll call him tomorrow...
DaVinch, is that your Blade army? JEALOUS!!! that looks so nice...

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
harddrive8

Mood: I feel like a kid waiting on Santa Clause!!!

[*] posted on 28-9-2008 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaVinch
Sthrasher - The Ace looked good when it made it back to me :thumbup:

No plans for another demo yet - maybe once I get settled on Guam we can figure something out.

I like all the Blade IVs :yes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sthrasher38
Oh c'mon Bob. You know we all want to try it too. Did you ever get a try at the 4.9 Davinch sent out? I have got a chance to try 3 different items from Davinch so far. Thanks Davinch. Is there a 4th? I'm ready. And please let us know how the Ace is. I am curious. Ya know that kite went through alot of hands and had a long trip all over the place. If it made it through still in good shape I think Pansh should get some credit for that. It is not all that bad imo. If it took on all of us and made it home safe. That alone says something.

Showoff! :flaming: j/k

You have a nice collection of Blades. Wish I had a set similar to yours... Just in the Rasta colors. :yes:

HQ Beamer III 1.4m
HQ Beamer III 3.0m
Pansh Legend 4.5m
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 29-9-2008 at 03:41 AM

I flew the blade alot this weekend but noticed mine came set on the middle setting, and with a steady wind blowing, it still amazes me how fast it turns. In my excitement to be at JIBE with many other kiter/buggiers, I didn't take the time to get out of the buggy to make any adjustments. Next time I get it out, I'll tighten it up one more knot and see what that feels like.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
Sthrasher38
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 29-9-2008 at 06:28 AM

Great to hear you made it back ok. Sounds like you had a good time. A get together is in order fo show. All you have to do now is whip us up some wind and its on!

Beamer 1.8
Prism Stylus 2.5
Pansh Blaze 3.0
Flexifoil Bullet 4.5
NPW 4.8
Flexifoil Blade 6.4
Rockville Buggy
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio