Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Why Fly With Handles?
jrobson

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 07:57 AM
Why Fly With Handles?

crazy!

I noticed on your site in your vids that you guys all seem to fly on handles, is there a reason for this? I only have depower kites on bars.
Also, the only wheels I could find locally were solid wheels, no inner tube from kids bikes ... are these okay?

I got them just to make the stuff, well only 2, they didn't have any stock so I need to wait before I can get the other 2, and then if I like it can upgrade to tube wheels but they are very expensive around $100 for a set and I need to order. And I think they are only available in steel spoke.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 08:57 AM

Why handles?
#1. I prefer them with quadline foils which are well suited for both kiteskating and use with handles.
#2. Unlike kitesurfing and ATB, the kiteskaters stands in the direction of travel (not facing the kite). The upper body must twist slightly to operate the controls. Handles offer no control problems, however, making right line commands with a bar in this position is more difficult.
#3. Kiteskating is best done using quad foils that offer more lateral power. High lift, as common with many tube-style kites, is not always advantageous (maybe for jumps though not for speed).

Solid Wheels?
Lose them! They will result in a hard, uncomfortable ride and offer little to no traction.

Prices?
Try garage sales... look for old kids scooters, golf carts or baby strollers. Or dig in a go for a new set. Mine have lasted me 15 years.

jrobson

[*] posted on 11-4-2005 at 08:49 AM

Thanks!
surfinsmiley

Mood: allways all good.

[*] posted on 16-4-2005 at 01:16 AM

check the "I`m going for it thread". Looks like good wheels for under $10 a piece.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 16-4-2005 at 03:27 AM

Yes, those and more kiteskate making resources here:
http://www.kiteskating.com

jrobson

[*] posted on 16-4-2005 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfinsmiley
check the "I`m going for it thread". Looks like good wheels for under $10 a piece.

I contacted northertools to get them to send me a set, they never got back to me, but either way if you look at the weight, they will end up costing around $95 if you include postage so I might as well go for the local stuff.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio