Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Libre Radical 6m
dgkid78

Mood: Wicket Smaht= Wicked Smart

thumbup.gif posted on 4-10-2009 at 06:21 PM
Libre Radical 6m

Ok First let me start off by saying that I don't have any action video shots of this awesome kite.
I started doing some pics and small videos of it when I was setting up, and While I was flying the kite the tripod tipped over in the high winds rendering the digital camera useless as it fell on it's lens and jammed it.
Now thats outta the way.

Libre Radical 6m Depower kite

Bag: Just a bag, not a backpack. kinda like something you stick a sleeping bag into. Nothing fancy

Kite: The Kite itself is very well made. Good Quality stuff. The Fabric a little heavy, Compared to my Montana 3. I would say it's more like my Montana 2 as far as fabric goes. It's a single pulley system. The Pulleys I found to be a little weak compared to Ronstan on the Montanas. I think down the road they might have to be replaced at some point sooner than later. Doesn't sound smooth when you give that wheel a little spin. I don't have much experience with all different brands so I am just comparing to my Montanas. Other than the Pulleys I am happy with the Quality of the sail

Bar and Lines: The bar being plain, i actually found very comfortable, squishy neoprene. Nice throw on the bar. To trim the kite pretty straight forward.

Winds were 15mph gusting to 22mph.

The Kite was fully trimmed out and I didn't feel overpowered at all. I would of loved to test this bad boy in 30mph winds.

Now for Flight.

Launching at the side of the window, she's gentle. slowly climbs to the zenith.

Now This thing is mental, It's wicked fast!!!!!!! I jumped on my board, and was off. Very fast mover but the pull is predictable, gentle to a fast pull. Not a YANK!!!!!!!! which is good in High winds. I would prefer this kite over my 7m in high winds. Mainly becasue my 7m isnt really a high wind kite for me. Too big for my weight i think.

This Kite Is extremly stable IMO. Never did it once luff or collapse in the gusts. Very SOLID KITE. :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice Small Jumps too. I think a bigger size would be a nice jumping machine.

Depower: Now the depower was awesome. I don't know what the high end on this kite would be, cause i never felt over powered in the 25mph gusts, every couple of mins

All in All. This is an awesome kite. And I really do love this kite. Wish I had high winds and more time to fly it. I could see myself owning one for high winds.

Can't find much info on this kite on the Web, Thats a shame. it's a great landboard Machine for high winds!!!

Below is a link for a tiny video of the footage i shot of the kite on the Ground before launching and breaking the camera. :mad:

http://vimeo.com/6900077

A Big Thanks to Big Earl.....for Passing this kite around. If it ever does another round again. I would love to try it again. Thanks

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

My Quiver is old...but I\'m a broke kiter!!!

Video:

http://vimeo.com/6674899

Some Pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgkid78/
Jolt

Mood: Meh :/...

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 01:32 AM

This was a great kite, i tried it under 10mph conditions and it still had a great pull.

Quadrifoil Competition XL
Flysurfer Outlaw 14m
Peter Lynn Guerrilla II 18M
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 11:24 AM

Great review,

While I love my P.L. and Flysurfer bags , I am buying a kite not a bag . If it costs less due to the stuff sack treatment then I'm O.K. with that.
How was the bar pressure ? The bar itself looks like a Libre buggy. Simple straight lines.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
dgkid78

Mood: Wicket Smaht= Wicked Smart

[*] posted on 5-10-2009 at 11:35 AM

Bar pressure I would say is like my Montanas. A light/medium bar pressure. I always knew where it was without looking. But then again the wind gusts were 25mph and I am sure I would get a better idea in 30mph winds. Yeah bar is basic. Didn't bother me though. 1 thing I forgot to mention is there are no other adjustments that can be done done other than the trimmer. No knots to move on bridlle nor bar

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

My Quiver is old...but I\'m a broke kiter!!!

Video:

http://vimeo.com/6674899

Some Pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgkid78/
Drewculous
Posting Freak

Mood: Official Tough Mudder :D

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 10:36 AM

i had a blast with this kite, dg is right on the money with his review... i had some nasty gusty winds, and still had a blast on it..

I could only find a couple negatives, and they are pretty small...

comparing it to my depower (phantom) it isnt as good at eating gusts, but thats one of the perks of a phanny... it handled really well considering the crappy wind i had it up in tho...

and i'm a spoiled Peter Lynn owner... it doesnt come with a backpack, just a sack with a drawstring..

All in all... awesome high wind kite! Very fast, great turn speed, ridiculous up-wind capability (no joke there) just a treat to fly! i bet this would be at home in a buggy as well as on the ATB. I wished i could've had more time on it, and i was it wasnt so flippin cold here, but flying this kite made up for the conditions

As always, thanks for the pass! it is awesome to be able to take part in these activities!

PL: Twister II 5.6m, Phantom 15m / 12m, 10m Synergy, JIBE Viper 5.3m, Charger 19m
HQ: Montana 4 12.5m, Apex 3 5m
Flexi: Blade ViP, Rage 1.8m \"lil Pepi!\"
FlexiFoot Bug / FlexDeck / MBS Core 95 / Custom Carbon Fiber MTH \"Monster Door\"
Corsair Crash Test Dummy (QC Suervisor :lol: )
My most perfect days have been on Jekyll
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 04:11 PM

If I can help with Libre products let me know.

kbss-LOGO_link.jpg - 7kB
Big Earl

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 04:41 PM

It does come with a nice oversized back pack. I just didn't send it along to save space and weight for shipping

In the bag:
\'07 North Rhinos 12, 14
U-Turn Helium 2.2, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 6.8
U-Turn oxygen IIs 2.5, 3.5,4.5, 5.5
U-Turn Butanes 2.5, 3.5, 5.5
Libre speedy II 2.6
Libre Radical 6
Pansch ace 2, 3.5, 6
PKD busters .7, 1.4
Prism p3
Riding:
Libre V-maxII
Home build buggy w/ suspension
North 08 rocketfish
Home build carbon kiteboard
Drewculous
Posting Freak

Mood: Official Tough Mudder :D

[*] posted on 8-12-2009 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Earl
It does come with a nice oversized back pack. I just didn't send it along to save space and weight for shipping

really? thats pretty sweet!
PL always sends out a really cool pack, its not a necessity, nor does it affect the kite, its just a nice addition, you have any pics of the Libre bag?

PL: Twister II 5.6m, Phantom 15m / 12m, 10m Synergy, JIBE Viper 5.3m, Charger 19m
HQ: Montana 4 12.5m, Apex 3 5m
Flexi: Blade ViP, Rage 1.8m \"lil Pepi!\"
FlexiFoot Bug / FlexDeck / MBS Core 95 / Custom Carbon Fiber MTH \"Monster Door\"
Corsair Crash Test Dummy (QC Suervisor :lol: )
My most perfect days have been on Jekyll
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-12-2009 at 05:35 PM

I am also glad you mentioned the bag.

I was impressed with the kite. Not so much the bar and the bag was poor. Pkd had a similar bag but at least it had shoulder straps + the cost saving was passed on.

This is a very good kite and a very good company but the price is up there with Flysurfer.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 8-12-2009 at 05:46 PM

LSPA 0651 Pantera 6.5 ready to fly 695.00 plus shipping to you.
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 24-1-2010 at 07:52 PM

I got the Radical last week-end, when the crew from the DC area brought it to the Tug Hill festival. Unfortunately, I never took it out of the bag until this morning. I took it to the Hanno lot, the forcast was for SE@15-20. Well you know how that goes, it was SE o.k., but more like 20-25+. I took the libre out of it's sack, admiring the black and yellow color scheme, laid it out and walked the lines. Everything o.k., I strapped on my board, and launched the kite. OMFG, this is a 6M? That kite popped me right up off the snow like I was 150# or something, and I was actually riding slightly upwind, that is until I lost focus on the kite, which is so fast that it did a nice loop with what I felt was minimal input, and as it shot out of the loop towards zenith, lifted me right off the ground! Pulled the brake handle, plopped down for a breather. Caught my breath, kite is bouncing impatiently, so I let her go again, up on my feet again instantly, then up in the air again! (6M?) Too much wind for this kiter and this kite, so I packed it, and pulled out the 4M Access. I got up and going on that, but when I brought it overhead to go back to my starting point, a line broke and ended the session. An amazing kite, I'd fly it again, but in less wind to get used to it. I'm hoping we will get out to the new Honeyville sites next weekend. We are supposed to get snow from Tues. on throughout the week. If no rush, I will fly the Radical again, with Big Earl's O.K.

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
Big Earl

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 02:11 PM

Take your time and enjoy it
Earl

In the bag:
\'07 North Rhinos 12, 14
U-Turn Helium 2.2, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 6.8
U-Turn oxygen IIs 2.5, 3.5,4.5, 5.5
U-Turn Butanes 2.5, 3.5, 5.5
Libre speedy II 2.6
Libre Radical 6
Pansch ace 2, 3.5, 6
PKD busters .7, 1.4
Prism p3
Riding:
Libre V-maxII
Home build buggy w/ suspension
North 08 rocketfish
Home build carbon kiteboard
bobalooie57
Posting Freak

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 8-2-2010 at 11:11 AM

So, I was finally able to get the Libre Radical out in smooth, moderate (10-12mph) wind, on Chaumont Bay, Lake Ontario. The kite performed admirably, unfortunately my skills are not up to this kite's abilities. There was about 3-5" of snow on top of the ice, and try as I may, I could not get a decent edge to get upwind. The kite wanted to go there, I could only slide downwind with those conditions. With that wind and deeper snow, I probably would have been ok. Well, I will say it is a beauty, black and yellow, and very fast. With more time I might get used to it, but I must say the same thing about my 8M Access, I need more time with that, too! U2U me Big Earl, and I will send it along with my thanks for being able to try such a beauty! Bob

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio