Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Replaced my lines, what happened..???
borntofli

Mood: Can\'t get enough kiting

[*] posted on 26-7-2010 at 06:09 PM
Replaced my lines, what happened..???

I checked my lines yesterday on the speed 17 and they were all out of whack... Bought new lines today, replaced them and now things are all screwed up....

I have to pull the bar in most of the way just to get to my previous depowered position... My lines were the same length +- 2" and my new ones are the same length why did things change???
Click on the pic and you can enlarge it.

Now when I pull the bar fully the red arrows are lined up w/ the green... not like its supposed to be...

Am I missing something... I have lots of adjustment above the trimmer strap to compensate for this but I dont understand what I changed ?????....... I forgot to get an extension for the 5th line, but I didn't know how much longer anyways... I'll make one from the lines I took off..... I don't use the 5th line anyways... Always results in a tangled kite...

AND..... While I was in the kite store a guy stopped in to see if he could trade his board in on a new one.... They said no, but I had a look and said yes... A strapped slingshot sst 6'2" surfboard.... I got a good deal, he got to buy a new board, and my kite is screwed up....

Typical day...

Anyways, should I adjust the centerline rope to the specs in the pic and quit wondering what happened??? I just think i'm missing something as obvious as my nose.....

Ocean Rodeo Rise 12
Ozone C4 10
Slingshot Octane 7
Flysurfer speed 2 15 SA

Rollersurfer (for sale)
6\'2\" Slingshot SST
Slingshot fuse
Brokite 134 freeride
Ocean Rodeo mako 140

tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 26-7-2010 at 06:45 PM

you have 2 options if Im reading this correctly.....................you can move you rear lines down the steering leaders................or you can lengthen you leader to your front lines.......................not sure why anything changed.......................you can also ping Powerzone wiht any questions about tuning

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
powerzone

[*] posted on 29-7-2010 at 01:09 PM

if you have a 17m 1.5.... then you can't go by the Speed1 BAR SETUP picture .... the bar is now modded to the 1.5 Setup so all the stock settings are meaningless.

if the old flying lines had a bit different lengths, then you may need to pigtail or adjust the bar leaders to accomodate the difference.

if i remember right, the 1.5 needs only 3-4 inches difference between the main leader above the trimmer and the red/green steering leaders. (steering leaders are shorter)

if you have several knots tied in the steering leaders, untie them to acheive afew inches of length relative to the main leader.

most likely we did the initial 1.5 mod on the kite..... just call me and i can help walk you thru it.

Former Flysurfer Representative & Repair Center
borntofli

Mood: Can\'t get enough kiting

[*] posted on 29-7-2010 at 06:18 PM

According to the picture the steering leaders are supposed to be 9cm shorter than the center lines.... I now have it adjusted that way and it flys good.... W/ the bar pulled alll the way in what should be the difference between the 2 w/ the 1.5 mod...I bought the kite from finland....When I first set it up the steering leader/line connection was 8" longer than the center connection..

When the windy season gets here I will send it to you for a professional tuneup....

Ocean Rodeo Rise 12
Ozone C4 10
Slingshot Octane 7
Flysurfer speed 2 15 SA

Rollersurfer (for sale)
6\'2\" Slingshot SST
Slingshot fuse
Brokite 134 freeride
Ocean Rodeo mako 140

powerzone

[*] posted on 30-7-2010 at 11:08 AM

yes that sounds like a good plan....

i dont' recall building a 1.5 mod for someone in Finland... so it might not be a PZ 1.5Mod

i've also seen other kites that claim to have the 1.5mod done..... but they are not even close and not sure who called it a 1.5 because it is not.

i'm curious what your mod looks like.

let me know when you want to schedule your project.

Former Flysurfer Representative & Repair Center

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio