Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sky Dog Kites
BigMikesKites

Mood: Go away RAIN

[*] posted on 15-8-2010 at 07:12 AM
Sky Dog Kites

About half my sales come from single line kites in the $5-$30 range. About 20% come from 2 line sales; and the rest from Quad line kites. So I am continually trying to find different kites to sell. A few manufacturers I will not buy from again as I don't think the quality is as good as 'the next guy' or other reasons. I am getting better at knowing what sells when i go to balloon festivals, kite festivals, etc.

So I came across SkyDog Kites. The first thing that attracted me was their cool logo. I happen to know about cool logos, but that doesn't mean they are any good.

So I ordered up a batch to cover an upcoming event.

Single Line Kites. On par with HQ and NewTech (I dumped Premier). Nice kites with a reuseable case which are not offered on the cheaper HQ and NewTech kites. Those come in plastic sleeves which may hold up for a few months.

Dual Line Kites.

Foils I have not yet flown the 2 line foils for SkyDog. They look attractive but were out of stock at the time. To me, it is hard to beat a Peter Lynn Vibe in this category.

StuntsHQ stunts fly really nice, but you got to be in a bunch of wind to fly them. 90% of mine sell to beginners. If they go out to fly and there isn't enough wind...they won't get hooked in the hobby and come back. I've flown several of the entry level SkyDog stunt kites in winds under 5 mph and they all flew great. I need Double that for the HQ entry level kites. NewTechs start flying in between.

Quads Their Quad Line Kites (SDT series) are very nice. The bag is uniquely different than other kites and everything inside is as you expect from the other manufacturers. They currently only have one line of SDT kites in 3 sizes. Definitely a nice stable kite that has no bad habits and is comfortable to fly.

I have Reviews below

SDT 2.8 Review

Thunderstruck (2 line stunt)

Mike
Owner Big Mike's Kites
http://www.BigMikesKites.com

Kites: Most of them
Buggy: VTT BLACK WIDOW...The best
Peter Lynn XR+ w VTT Rail Kit
Landboard: Not a chance
Water: still trying
acampbell
Posting Freak

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 15-8-2010 at 07:44 AM

I like the Sky Dog Kites and mean to add them to the line up as it is nice to have an "American" line of kites even if they come from the same source as another leading brand. The lineage is apparent when you examine the accessories that come with them. The courier style bag is smart, practical and a welcome departure from the common backpack. The retail product label that folds out and doubles as a (brief) instruction manual is a nod towards "no-waste" packaging. Passers-by on the beach commented on the good looks of the kite as well.

Although I don't think they market them as such, I found the 2-line foils to be self-relaunchable from just about any crash position. Again their bags are a unique and smart design.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio