Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Buster Soulfly
bigkid
Posting Freak

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 30-9-2010 at 06:24 PM
Buster Soulfly

PKD Buster Soulfly 4.4m

I got PKD's Buster Soulfly's today and had to shoot down to the park for an hour.
The wind was 5 to 7mph so I set up the 3.3m and gave it a go. Too much work, I will try the 4.4m, thats more like it.
First off the kite came in a tube backpack bag, nothing fancy. Included with the kite was the handles, (no clam cleat for the brake lines), 2 kite stakes in a sheath, sand bags,(with out sand), kite killers, and lines. The handles and lines, and kite bridle are color coded for ease of set up, Red to red, and blue to blue, easy.

The kite is nicely put together with reinforcing at all the right places.

The dirt outs are rather large which is nice when removing the sand.

The kite shot up to the zenith and I turned to see how far it goes past the zenith if at all. Just past the zenith and that's where it stayed, no luffing or collapsing. Out to the edge of the window, not quite 180 degree window, need more wind.
Did some scudding in the grass with my 220lb butt, not bad for lite winds. Not sure about the lifty aspect of this kite, I don't want to jump or get lifted up for some reason, but it does have some power through the window.
I hope to get in the bug with it soon.

Over all it out performed my 5m beamer, and the cost is way below the beamer also.

I would have to say this is a good kite for the beginner to intermediate flyer. I would think the smaller sizes would be a blast in some nuking winds.

I hope to have more soon as time and wind allow.

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio