Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Open cell
smeltaFi

[*] posted on 21-5-2011 at 07:13 PM
Open cell

I've been kiting for about a year now just with open cells, snowkiting and atb. I know open cells aren't the most recommended but I want to get out on the water so I was thinking about taking my montana V 9.5m out, either with a wakeskate or wakeboard. I weigh about 160 lbs and it usually takes a good 17-18mph to get me going on the snow. Any guesses on a wind range to get moving on the water?

9.5m Montana5
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 21-5-2011 at 07:23 PM

You CAN do it, there's a couple of guys around who get on the water with Blade III's BUT ... if you drop it, expect to kiss the kite goodbye or swim in with a soggy, heavy mess :(
That said ... 9.5m foil, I'd say you'd need another 5-10mph on the water.

Wakeboard is a terrible board to even try kiteboarding, not suited at all. Basically, what you're trying to do is go white-water rafting in an aluminum dinghy. Fun in a redneck sorta way but you'd have a better time with the real kit!

BTW I'm selling 2 boards now, a 155x41 and a 138x44. The longer board has a little rocker like a wakeboard, the shorter one is flatter ...

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 22-5-2011 at 07:52 AM

Sounds like bad idea on bad idea.

Crash the kite and it will be a sea anchor. Try and get going on a wakeboard as a beginer and you will crash your kite.
Repeat !!!

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio