Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Vampir3
Krohn1999

Mood: Countdown to 24H of SPO is on

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 12:52 AM
Vampir3

So finally got time to sit down and write this review.
I had the chance to test the 5,2 Vampir3 for two weeks during my trip to Fano in July/August.
To start off I never liked the Vampir series. I never really got the hang of handling them. As the Spirit series came out I tried it and loved it, so when I heard that a new Vampir was coming I prayed it would be more like the Spirit and less like the Vampir.

Someone heard my prayers!!!

My first impression of the kite during set up was good. The only thing that I found that I didn’t like was the tie points for the bridal. They are pretty big and all white. This doesn’t look that good on black/orange/grey/or red fabric. When the kite is up flying you can still see the white points. I even had someone ask if I had holes in the kite. Other than that the kite is made from very high quality material.

Now time to fly.

The wind was up around mid 4bft. The kite flys great on all courses and is very stable. All moves are very easy to do, and the kite generates almost no lift.

Park and ride? No problem, unless you are at the lower end of its range. Here you do need to move the kite around(2 or 3 loops will do) to get the speed going, but once you have it up to speed it flys very stable.

Were I believe the kite really shines is at the top end of its range. You can do whatever you want here the kite does it with you. Up wind turns are a dream, it is almost like they are programmed into the kite.

Too see how it performs against other kites I also had a 5,5 Reactor II and a 5,4 Vapor (used as a baseline)
I flew all kites against each other on the same day in the same wind and the same course.

All kites were flown for 3 laps on a short course and then compared.

The Vapor was (like you didn’t already know) the fastest with 76kmh. The reactor was the next with 73kmh. And the Vampir3 close behind with 71kmh. Keep in mind that the Vampir3 is the smallest of the 3.

As far as which one flew the best, I do have to say that the Vampir3 wins. It really is a beautiful kite to fly.

Speed? Well it is not as fast as the Reactor II but on a different day I did manage to get 86Kmh out of the Vampir3, so it is a worthy contender in the Intermediate kite class.

On the Race course it will be a hard contender for the Reactor, the extra stability does make up for the very small lack of speed. On a Technical course I would put my money on the Vampir3!!!

After getting back home, I immediately ordered the other sizes and will use the Vampir3 next week in a 12hour race. I cannot wait to see how it does.

All I can say is way to go Libre, you did your homework and it paid off!!
:wee:

GPA G1580
NAPKA US13
Buggy:
APEXX
MG-AERO on Disc Wheels

Kite bag:
Ozone Yakuza GT, Methode, Flow, Imp
Peter Lynn Reactor II, VAPOR, Core
PKD Century II, Brooza II
Wolkensturmer Ventura
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 02:46 AM

indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 02:46 AM

Nice looking kite..... definitely like it in the black & red.

All thumbnails are hyperlinked to fullsize images, click to open zoomed images in a seperate window

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
SFCWood

[*] posted on 20-8-2011 at 03:06 AM

Damn! That black and red is cool looking....

Tony Wood
PL Bigfoot
PL XR
GI Patrol
Apex 3, 7.5
PL Core 6.7
HQ Beamer TSR 5.0
HQ Rush 3.5
Krohn1999

Mood: Countdown to 24H of SPO is on

[*] posted on 21-8-2011 at 02:44 PM

yea I wish you could order all of them in red black
the orange grey is also ok but not as nice as r/b.

GPA G1580
NAPKA US13
Buggy:
APEXX
MG-AERO on Disc Wheels

Kite bag:
Ozone Yakuza GT, Methode, Flow, Imp
Peter Lynn Reactor II, VAPOR, Core
PKD Century II, Brooza II
Wolkensturmer Ventura
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 21-8-2011 at 05:49 PM

I have demo Vampir3s for everyone to try while at SOBB 9 this year.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio