Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Radsail 3.0m
lammy1000

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 01:41 PM
Radsail 3.0m

My first kite and at 220 pounds it was a good choice. This kite likes winds of 12 - 28 mph. It pulls hardest somewhat lower in the zenith. When flying up and down the speed is moderate, but when horizontal in direction it rips. Excellent manuverability. It can be a bit unpredictable in high winds, ripping the handles from my hands. The Radsail is a alot of fun and far more agile than I would have guessed.
bigsteve

[*] posted on 12-5-2006 at 08:12 AM

ya man, i got a radsail 4, They seem to be not so lifty but they have a healthy load of pull when you take them out in some good wind, (.. its fun to get yer buds willing to try and a calm day and watch them run 'round the field trying to control it.. hahahahah)
Bucky

[*] posted on 22-5-2006 at 11:47 AM

Radsails are great! I love em!!

Not because they are super well built, or because they are really high performance. It's because they are "in my opinion" the absolute best "overall" beginner kite made.

Why?? Several reasons:

1. If I can say one word about how Radsails perform, it's "predictable" They fly like they're "supposed to". They land like they're "supposed to" They pull like they're "supposed to". EVERY TIME. Virtually no tweeking, or fiddling with, required. For beginners, I'll take consistency over performance ANY DAY

2. Really inexpensive (I won't say the word "cheap", because that denotes something else entirely) They don't cost very much at all, particularly over E-bay. Getting into this sport can sometimes be prohibitively expensive, and if a success of a sport is defined how many people try it, then I applaud Eolo for making an affordable kite for the masses. (And so should Ozone, Flexifoil, and Jojo. Because the more "beginners" there are, the more "kiters" there are who'll want to step up)

3. They have a wide variety of sizes 2.4m, 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m (and you can actually afford to buy a few).

4. High enough aspect ratio to still be fun. Much more fun than a Beamer (about the same quality construction) the 2.4m, 3m, and 4m's really zip in a good wind, and the 5m, 6m, and 7m's allow you to get some air when jumping (Beamers are kind of a dud in this area).

5. Usably good construction. Not great, but not crap either. Comparable with Beamers, and much better than Busters. Sure an Ozone, Flexifoil, or Jojo will last twice as long. (But then again, I can buy 3 Radsails for the price of one of their kites.)

6. Not just a beginner kite. I still bring my Radsails out. They're still a blast to fly, (and they're perfect for when novices drop by and want to give it a try.)

Of course, there are more stable kites, more consistent kites, better performing kites, better built kites, cheaper kites, more fun kites. But Radsails balance all of that better than any other beginner kite out there that I've seen.

\"There are no stupid questions... There are however, a lot of inquizitive idiots.\"

Quad-Trac Profoil 3m
Eolo Radsail Pro 2.7m, 3m, 6m (x2)
Ozone Razor 5.5m 4.5m and my new 8.5m (The thing scares the crap out of me...but in a good way!)
Advance Io 7.5m
Jojo Rage 12m
Jojo RS 6m (T. Raw\'s old mystery Jojo - still crazy powerful)

Earthboard Rage mountainboard w/8\" tires
MBS Comp 32 board
Flexifoil sport buggies (x3) Highly modified
Peter Lynn Comp w/Bigfoots
Rockville offroad skates w/8\" tires
Homebuilt sandboard

Lots of Ritalin
x313

Mood: GOOD

[*] posted on 20-8-2006 at 02:36 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to this game so please excuse my ignorance!

I am considering buying a radsail 3m kite (Just the cheap one, not the Pro)

Is this suitable for a rank beginner, or should I go for the 2.4 version? I am a fairly big lad at 6ft3 and 15 stone so want someting that has a bit of power, but dont want to smash myself to peices.

Cheers!
lammy1000

[*] posted on 20-8-2006 at 03:17 PM

I just flew my Radsail 3.0 today in winds of 12-17 mph and have loved the kite's speed and manuverability. Of course, it will rip the handles out of your hands if Mother Nature wishes.

The only thing I wonder about is if a more lift oriented kite would be more fun. This rad 3.0 is like a stunt kite that pulls hard, except near the Zenith.
Pablo
Posting Freak

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 20-8-2006 at 06:12 PM

The lack of lift is a common noob kite quality, first off anything with lift can loft you if your not expecting it. They build the kite more for drag, to give you pull down low, The more advanced kites will fly like an airplane wing, so they produce awesome power when they're at the edge of the window cutting through the air.

In time you'll find that anything that hangs out great at the edge of the window usually isn't noob freindly, anything that won't park easily is more beginner oriented and way more user freindly.

About the only way to get over this is with an adjustable bridal, some beginner kites such as the buster come with them, you can set it for more lift or more stability/lower wind speed.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
fed.cat

[*] posted on 10-10-2006 at 05:31 PM

What a :singing: satisfation!!!!
I'm totally agree altough I'm quite a newbie, I bought a radsails 3 pro and I'm so happy...It's so fun... hard in the wind, sweet in the breeze...Now I bought a mboard, eolo of course, Could someone tell me if, as I hope, can I use it with some satisfation??? I'm waiting for delivery of a eolo scrub nebula. if It were "Cheap" like my wonderful kite...

thanx a lot for your useful and complete post :D
radsailtom

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 29-11-2006 at 02:26 PM

ha did u pay 220 for it i only paid 80quid for myne but they are amazing and the pull is great

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio