Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: doomwheels videos
flyhigh142

sad.gif posted on 28-5-2006 at 12:30 PM
doomwheels videos

Has anyone else had problems watching the videos on the doomwheels website? I've tries three different computers, two just gave me question marks after the Q, the third just a black screen in the quicktime viewer. any ideas? I'm building mine today and figured I should at least see what I'm supposed to look like when I try it.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 29-5-2006 at 01:00 AM

Greetings flyhigh142,
Although these movies are standard, no bells or whsitles quicktime .mov files, some folks will always have trouble viewing them as a result of their browser pref settings or OS config. Windows puters using the default settings may have trouble. How to change these settings? Don't ask me, as your Windows guru or ask Bill Gates why he has to make everything so difficult. If all else fails, try a Mac.

Sorry I cannot help you with your setup. There are many many browsers all with uniques settings running on a few different platforms. It would be impossible for me to study each just to instruct people how to setup their own puters.

Best thing I can say is, go to apple.com and install the Quicktime plugin into your web browser. If that doesn't do it, fiddle with your browser's media settings. Make sure that Media Player is NOT the defult viewer. If that doesn't do it, ask a Windows pro.

Previous comments on this topic:
http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=1423

Sorry I cannot be of more help with this issue. I do hope you can view them... they're good movies. Best of luck.

For the 80% of folks who can view the movies...
http://www.doomwheels.com/movies/index.php

tedsfoils

[*] posted on 29-5-2006 at 06:19 AM

Hey Bob I should not have a problem cause I have a Macindows puter... jus kidding Hey did you change something because I did not have any problem before?

Ted Dougherty

Designer/Manufacture: QUADRIFOIL, XXTREEM, QUADTRAC, PROFOIL

http://www.kiteinnovations.com
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

[*] posted on 29-5-2006 at 11:19 PM

Terrablade

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 10:39 PM
!

Hum I don't buy it that 80% of the people can view the movies. I have 5 PCs none will play. Not even with QuickTime pro, and like 6 other players. Right clicky or all media permissions off/on etc. Is there a way you can make a password avaiable to users who request by email. Then we can go to an FTP or something.

I really want to see you in action could learn allot from those clips no dobt!

Rich
www.terrablades.com
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 11:55 PM

There are no controls on the movies (only photos). You should be able to right-click and save the movies if you think that will solve your problem. If you have QuickTime pro, you may click the tab at the lower right hand corner to download.

But remember that having Quicktime Player installed on your computer does NOT mean that you have the Quicktime plug-in installed in your web browser. And if you are using Windows, it is likely that Windows Media Player is set as the default player for web movies. You'll have to change that too.

So to sum up once again, you do NOT need Quicktime Pro, but DO need the Quicktime browser plug-in. You'll need to install this to your web browser and make sure that Windows Media Player is NOT set as the default. Additionally, you may have to make other changes to your browser, OS or WMP settings and I cannot help with that.

Install the free plug-in:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Here is a screenshot of me performing a simple right-click on a loaded movie on doomwheels.com:

movieshot.jpg - 41kB

doomwheels
Grand Pubah

[*] posted on 25-6-2006 at 12:21 AM

I've done a little work on the movies page that may help those Windows users having trouble viewing the movies. If you don't have the proper plug-ins, they should now download and install automatically when you open a movie (Windows 2000+). Not a cure-all, but may help those with little knowledge of plug-ins and activeX settings.

Give it a try:
http://www.doomwheels.com/movies/index.php

Terrablader

[*] posted on 9-7-2006 at 10:16 PM
nice

Great shots finaly the videos work!

Rich
www.terrablades.com
Let It Melt, Off-Road Skating Skiing Year Round
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

[*] posted on 15-7-2006 at 12:52 AM

Thought that may help. Note that I didn't make any changes to the movies... I just instructed your browser to install the correct plugin. Glad you like them.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio