Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hard to turn with theese skates...
Fiuuu

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 05:23 AM
Hard to turn with theese skates...

Hi.

The other day a friend let me try his all terrain Nordic Skates ( http://www.skate-service.de/Nordic%20Skates.html ) and I have to say it's very dificult to turn fast and skid. I turn much better with Rollerblade Coyote Skates.
I guess it's just a matter of getting used to them to be able to turn fast and skid... or not? Or you can just go straight with them?

Oscar
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 29-8-2006 at 07:56 AM

Longer wheel base... wider turns.

These look good for smooth-surface kiteskating but need larger wheels to go anywhere with rough terrain.

Terrablader

[*] posted on 1-9-2006 at 09:17 AM

longer wheel base true but having no rockering in the skates means they won't carve, most likely they are being turned by grinding the front wheel sideways ever so slightly.

a four wheel skate turns on the rocker more or at least they help to pivot the skate.

there is a French designer (Carvel skate) he is making a 2 wheel skate that has the rear wheel pivoting slightly pretty cool.

my solution is just to be up higher with 4 wheels. they work well, with added penalty when falling being higher. The added wheels also help to float over uneven terrain. They have more drag, need higher wind. I like the ski boot though very confortable. Intermediate boots have lots of flex.

They track less as Bob mentioned. Strong wind you get pulled off course probably more than some would want. However the added maneuverability is really fun to have. I can make a U turn in about a 5 foot area, sliding the back ends a bit.

R.
www.terrablades.com
k-mi-kz

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 12:10 PM

try trailskate:saint:
alf

[*] posted on 30-12-2006 at 09:10 AM

why not try a kiteskate with both front and rear wheel free rotating ?
Turn ability would be great , even with only 2 wheels

here on a freebord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unJ6xwV_8p8

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio