Look at this NEW kite concept from Concept Air

[Link Removed - PKF]
action jackson

Mood: wind-holic

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 03:22 PM

nice ad!.......aj:evil:
leebrianh

[*] posted on 7-9-2006 at 05:06 PM

It says "since 1989 on the ad." Then, how come nobody knows about it for that long? Must not be a good kite.....
Pablo
Posting Freak

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 12:47 AM

Dunno, I had a Concept Air Traction Wave, although it's an older model, I couldn't get that thing in the air if my life depended on it. Only way to launch it was to preinflate it with an electric pump, then immediately launch it. If it sat on the ground for more than 30sec it was flat again. When flying it was less than desirable as well.

Maybe they've come a long ways though. You never know until you try.

Funny thing is though, you're posting a link to an ad, doesn't sound much like someone actually bought one and is giving a fair report of what the kite will do.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
Fastman

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 06:47 AM

Hello Folks,

Sorry for that message. I did not intend to offense anybody here. Forget about that. my mistake.

juts a note : it's write Since 1989 because CA exist since 1989. Not Smart kite.

Have nice breeze
Fastman

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 06:59 AM

Dunno, I had a Concept Air Traction Wave, although it's an older model, I couldn't get that thing in the air if my life depended on it. Only way to launch it was to preinflate it with an electric pump, then immediately launch it. If it sat on the ground for more than 30sec it was flat again. When flying it was less than desirable as well.

Maybe they've come a long ways though. You never know until you try.

Funny thing is though, you're posting a link to an ad, doesn't sound much like someone actually bought one and is giving a fair report of what the kite will do.

Hello Pablo,

From what I understand, for sure you did not bought your Wave or New WAVE kite as a new one or a problem occur with yours. We sold more than 1500 of those in 21 different Country between 1999 and 2001, when kitesurfing was just at it's real beginning.
Those kites was flying very well for sure soon as we never had major call back problem with them. If that happen I could not be there to talk about it.

I hope breeze will be nice for you

Best regards

and again my apologize for my mistake.

I have to go kitesurf now ;O)
leebrianh

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 06:59 AM

There is nothing wrong with bringing new kite info in this forum - Actually, that's all this forum is about, sharing kite experience and info, right?

I was merely showing my thought.
pkf
Super Administrator

Mood: Fix und fertig!

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 08:10 AM

Actually, this category of the forum is for reviewing kites and discussing their good and bad points to help folks make a decision to buy. Feel free to do so by posting it to the forum rather than linking a possibly contaminated word file (removed).
PKF

The Power Kite Forum
Kite Traction Sports Community
http://www.powerkiteforum.com
Pablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 09:18 AM

Well, the old concept air Traction wave kite I had was pretty ratty, possible it had suffered some sort of bad bridal strech or something, another local flyer has the same kite in a different size and same thing. Having said that, I haven't tried the new kites.

If you want a review on them, feel free to send me one of the new models to demo and I'll do a review on it. Even though I ride for PKD, I spent a good part of the SOBB trip flying JoJo and Ozone to see what they're about, then when someone asks me I can give an informed opinion. Still can't believe I talked my buddy into buying a SammyII, but what the heck, they're good kites.

So yeah, if not me, then pick someone to give them a try and put your product where your mouth is. It'll speak for itself.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
PrairieWind

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 05:57 PM

For the concept air website go to www.conceptair.com

These guys are from Quebec, so the website initially comes up French, Americans, don't be alarmed. There is an English button to click for the english version, it is the Union Jack (the british flag ) off to the right side of the page. I think the offending word file was the english description of the Smart kite as the English description had not yet made it onto the website. Perhaps this thread should have been in the general discussion section, but it is here at the moment...

speedkiter

Mood: Great Mood Always

[*] posted on 25-10-2006 at 01:22 PM
Smart Kite from Concept Air

I am currently waiting on my 10.5m Smart kite from Concept air .. I am a snow kiter for 4 years now and love the Concept air kites , They are the only Canadian Kite company as far as i know. Every kite that i have purchased from them has been an amazing kite, 2.2m SE ,4m Leader, 6M Leader Se and now my 10.5m ... They have proven themselves to be durable and tuned in right and tight ... I am trying to push the speed enveloppe using their 2.2m SE kite in about 60-80 or more km of wind ...for an over 100-120 km per hour result ... the math makes cense.... small kite, big wind , nice spongy snow surface will = a very fast run .. (do not attempt without body armour or you will grate yourself in the event of a fast crash ) I go thru one peice goretex suits more than a child thru diapers.. I have watched my friends out in the high winds with their kites bow tying quite badly... kite not able to keep shape in high winds .. My 6m Se stays aloft in very little wind and creates an speed escalation for me as i ride.. I keep getting faster in the same wind ...its very wierd .. MY 4m Leader is my favourite kite.. for those 35-50 km wind days ....My kite Gang has over 25-30 kites and Concept Air kites seem to be the leader of the pack .. Of course , I am @ the Wheel ...or handles... ... The customer service from Concept air is great as well ...they will tailor your kite needs better than anyone I have dealt with ...
Pablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-10-2006 at 04:47 PM

Hey Speedkiter, just curious if any one in your area's had one of the race kites out and about. Wondering how the Smart Kite compares.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-10-2006 at 09:33 PM

I'm the other guy Pablo refers to. I bought a VERY used 7.3 Conceptair wave. My 1st problem was trying to contact Conceptair. I tried through the website repeatedly but had no luck. This was a year ago. The kite has exactly the same problems that Pablo described with bad air flow and what I suspect is bridal stretch. The bridle lines are not very robust but this is an early generation of surf foil. It would have been nice to have contact with Conceptair to get the specs and fix the bridle. As it is I tried to GIVE it away the other day and the kid was too smart to take it after we tried to make it fly. Fortunately, I was in the market for a new cover for the BBQ and it's a perfect match!

Having said all that. I understand that Conceptair has stuck with the open cell foils and they are a VERY GOOD kite maker. If I am right the family behind the kites are extremely talented kiters and use them on there Greenland expeditions. That alone says volumes about there design ability and the kites reliability. + they're Canadian EH! :rodent:

I blame myself for the mistake I made buying the wave. That's what you get for a couple of hundred bucks. I just wanted a compact surf kite when traveling and bought it sight unseen. Quite a few lessons learned and for only 2 bills. :puzzled:
:bird:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
speedkiter

[*] posted on 26-10-2006 at 05:43 AM
Hey Pablo ... The Leader SE is their high performance kite

Good Morning Pablo... The Leader SE series are their high performance kites ... Last year i odometered over 611km by GPS on the Leader Series kites ... and had my GPS off for half the season ...i just use it for days top speed ...so when the day was slow the gps was off .. but i would say i logger over 1000km's only using the leader series kites .. they were perfect ... I own other kites from numerous companies and it seems they fall appart on me ... the CA kites as strong and sewn durable .. as long as one does not hammer them into the ice, they will last a long time .. I am on my third season with my 4m Leader and it is the VW VR6 turbo of kites ... 6 kiters out with 4m kites and as the name off my kite says, its the Leader ....Bridles will stretch , VW car will break down ... it happens,

What are the symptoms , why your kite dont fly ... we will lfix it over this email blog .. cant be a big problem ..

give me flight details ... what is it doing...

Peace and out ... If you guys are rock climbers ... check out
www.espritropes.com this is where i work ... We use kite to get to our ice climbing locations .. dont have tall one's here in On'Tario but good solid short Grade 4

Peace OUt
Pablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-10-2006 at 08:40 PM

If it's the same as mine was and it sounds like it is, when you try and launch it, the kite sort of accordianed, pulled too much from the bridals and collapsed the kite top to bottom, not allowing it to inflate. I used to pump mine up with a small electric pump, once it was inflated it flew ok, not a new kite, but then again, the Wave I had, same as Kens was one of the first gen kites, both of ours look like they've seen way too many hours in the air, fabric was worn on mine to the point where it was starting to feel more like a T-shirt than a kite.

Having said that, sounds like you have the goods to back the new kites, regardless of what the old ones were, the new ones sound solid. I look forwards to eventually getting a go on one of them to see what they're about. I like to give everything I can get my hands on a good go, see what they're about and make up my own mind on them, then when people ask, I can give an informed opinion.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
speedkiter

[*] posted on 31-10-2006 at 02:00 PM

Hey Pablo , If you are ever in the Ontario, Parry SOund locale this winter .. give me a buzz @ www.speedkiter.com You can try out all my Concept Air kites ... they do rock ....Have you tried shortening the Power lines , ???sounds like the brake lines are stalling lift off ... try this ...might do the trick .... maybe 1 cm or 2 might do the trick ... sounds like a result of elongation and stretch ..

I see you have a home built buggy .. I am trying to make a winter kite buggy and have been having difficulties trying to finalise the end iea ... so many variables ... Any good info on Home build Pablo ? ....

Peace and kite very , very fast ...
Pablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-10-2006 at 08:13 PM

Yeah, regarding the homebuilt buggy, best advice I have is to buy one, for what my homebuilt cost, compared to what some of the used ones are going for on here.

If you're determined to build, best advice, look at a couple other buggies that have a good reputation, then copy to some degree, figure out what you're going to have to change to make the buggy really suited to your needs. I went with stainless steel, not the easiest to work with, but seeing as most of my buggying is on salt water sand flats, it was well worth the effort. Got the front fork angle a hare off, but aside from that it worked out ok. Make sure you purchase your tires, rims, and seat first so you can taylor the buggy to fit it. One last thing, I made the mistake of buying wheelbarrow rims, bearings are too small and I'm having to change them every month or so of hard buggying. I also used bearings in the headset, should have used poly bushings instead. One less thing to change.

These days though I'm spending most of my time in a Libra Super Truck, a freind needed somewhere to store it and said I could use it while storing it for her. That was over 4 months ago....

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
speedkiter

[*] posted on 1-11-2006 at 06:55 AM

Thank you for the advice ... I found a Kieron Bradley design i like ... put his name in google and this mighty ice buggy will appear ... its a cool design ..
This is where i am going to start ... this buggy was made for big trips with lots of gear , looking @ the lay out on down wind runs .. that thing dont look like it can get upwind .. best design so far that i have found

I have a pic of another fella 's buggy from Quebec ... made from dicarded paragliding parts ...it looks cool ...and runs on ski do skis ... with carbide runners ... If you email me your addy to info@speedkiter.com , i can send you this picture ..

Peace Pablo and kite on .... send me one picture of yourself , best kite pic and i will put it up on the speedkiter site if you want .. i like to add new kiting friends there ... I am on dial up ....in the back woods of Ontario ...internet is jurassic here ...
speedkiter

[*] posted on 16-11-2006 at 12:03 PM

Hey Guys , my new 10.5m is on the way ...will post a review ....

Details to follow .......
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-11-2006 at 05:56 PM

Will that be a " Smartkite " or Leader SE ?
I can't seem to find anything about the smartkite at Conceptair other than a little blurb in the news section.
I like the idea of supporting a Canadian company but with the lack of info + my trouble getting ANY support isn't winning me over.

I'll enjoy hearing a review on the "smartkite"

If Conceptair is listening: It would be a good idea to get a kite or 2 out to the West Coast on demo. You have a market here that needs to be won over.

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
PrairieWind

[*] posted on 16-11-2006 at 08:11 PM

You should contact them directly. They have a toll free number in canada. Just give them a call, or send an email.

CONCEPT AIR
201 Blvd. Tadoussac
Saguenay, Qc, Canada
G7H 5A8.

Phone: (418)545-8368
Fax: (418)545-2288
Toll Free: 1-877-545-8368
Email: traction@conceptair.com

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-11-2006 at 02:03 PM

I tried emailing them a few times about a year ago. I was hoping for info on the wave kite I was going to buy off the internet. They never got back to me. I bought the kite and wasted money. It turned out to be VERY used and has what I suspect to be bridle stretch. Many lessons learned in that purchase.
Basically any Conceptair kite we have had our hands on out here has not flown. I know they are a good kite but no one around here can tell you that from experience. I had all but forgotten about them until the "smartkite " hype. I'm not actively searching for a new kite right now so won't waste time trying email again.

Ken (K2)
PrairieWind

[*] posted on 17-11-2006 at 02:10 PM

If you try the toll free number you will talk to someone directly. I think it would be worth your while if you are indeed interested. Depending on your email account - your email may have been incorrectly identified as spam, who knows what kind of glitch occurred. Seems a shame to write them off because an unreturned email. The toll free number is even easier than email.

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-11-2006 at 02:43 PM

Good point.
I may give them a try by phone.

P.S. I have never missed living in Alberta until I found snowkiting. Now I'm jealous of the steady wind and potential snow you will get. All of a sudden the " hat's " not looking so bad! :bird:

Ken (K2)
speedkiter

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 02:20 PM

Hey Snow Bird ... I am getting a SMART KITE 10.5m ... for trippin, pulling pulk or kids and for light wind pleasure ... This is a new kite design, so not much info yet available ...

This Wednesday we will be 7-8 of us trying it out and putting it thru the paces .. if wind conditions are good ...

Wish i had time just to fly to Vangroovy for you to try out my SMArt KIte...

Its hard for a smaller company to send off DEMO Kites to try out .. I work for a small company as well and everyone under the sun wants a lead rope to try out @ the crag ..this is difficult due to $$ retraints .... a good product will make its own waves ... no pun here .. . details to follow ...
I will post a review @ www.speedkiter.com as well ...thank you

Send me your top speeds on ice or snow as well to speedkiter.com ...
You could win Prizes
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 05:40 PM

Speedkiter,
I've checked out your sight and it's great. I just got started on the snow last year but am a natural. In the process of getting a GPS and will be happy to post speeds. Not sure I'm going to make any land speed records this year. Rookie of the year is possible though ! :smug: Will you make it to the Rodeo in Montana this year ?
Looking forward to hearing your review on the Smartkite. In it can you tell us if this is the 1st depower kite by Conceptair ? Cost ?

Ken (K2)
speedkiter

[*] posted on 21-11-2006 at 08:55 AM

Hey Snow bird ... Thank you for the good word for my site ...I hope to have as many kiters on Canadian soil send me their GPS speeds ... A fella in Yellowknife was the first to ride in Canada this year and a speed of 33km per hour took the prize ... i hope many folks will like this feature of the site ..I live in Ontario and i will be competing in the Ontario and Quebec kite races this year ... Wanted to do the WISSA in Estonia, but timming and moola dictated that one ... Dont think Montana is in the picture as well ... that sounds like fun ...

As far as i know the SMART KITE is the first traction de power kite (non LEI ) on the market... i could be wrong ... i get it tommorow ... just booked a recording session in my studio for wednesday night ...so my kite trial day is pushed a little ...i will fly it this week .. send me your email addy to info@speedkiter.com and i can send you the SMART KITE price list ... Peace and kite on ...
thank you again for good words for my website ...please send GPS pics ...small Jpegs...and tell your kite friends ..

I am hoping to attain 120km per hour this winter using a Concept AIr 2.2m SE with allot of wind , i think i need about 60-74 km per hour and good snow conditions ... 7 km per hour faster than my current top speed .
I have gone out and had trouble hitting 60 km and other days hit close to 100km or a little over with no effort ... the 3 variables have to be perfect , wind , kite size, snow conditions ...and a good pair of skis on one's feet ..
another 2-3 weeks and i will be out on the ice/snow .. this time of year i go crazy, cant climb, rock too wet , no ice to ice climb, not cold enough, and cant kite no frozen lakes or bays ... very difficult time of year for me .. All my friends are kayaking Ontario rivers in snow stoms .. but that way to cold for me and my junior kayaking skils .. water is cold !! so i am jonesing
thanks for listening to my bable ...Peace
Pablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 21-11-2006 at 05:44 PM

Curious, what do you mean when you reffer to Traction Depower Kite?

If you're reffering to racekites, then possibly yes, But frenzy's, Sabres, PL, Flysurfer and many others have been making bridaled foils for years with depower on them. Then there's several depower kits that can be fitted to most of the fixed bridal foils out there as well. Most of them use the same principal, I'd be curious to see how the Smart Kite's done it. I've been looking into the pro's and con's of the various systems out there for over a year now.

So far the Pegas WW(wing warp) is the only one I've heard of that doesn't lose the kite's low wind ability, The UDS II system is a close second, way smoother thant the WW but it does lose some bottom end.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
speedkiter

[*] posted on 22-11-2006 at 12:20 PM

Hey Snowbird and Pablo ... here is a link to Concept air's information http://conceptair.com/pageG.php?page=kitesnow&lan=en
You can click on the 3 small pictures of the Blue/yellow SMART to enlarge them. on those pictures, you can see the difference in term of Kite geometry when depowered.

Michel from Concept Air is going to join us on this blog to explain what they have done ... He can explain it much better than i .. he built it ...education for myself as well ..

gonna fly my SMART 10.5m tonight ....
PrairieWind

[*] posted on 22-11-2006 at 04:53 PM

Concept Air has had a depower kite model for the last 3 years - there is a description of that kite on their website, it is the Moove kite. Go to the kitesnow section and you'll find the different kites they have for land/snow. There was no claim that the Smart kite was the first depower traction kite, but rather that it was the first fully depowerable (or 99%, from what I remember of the first info I'd read about it).

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio