Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pansh Rage 5M
austexblo

Mood: Ummm. Hmmm. Wellll.

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 10:32 AM
Pansh Rage 5M

Anyone flown the Pansh Rage 5M? They are apparently a depowerable kite.
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 11:48 AM

The Aurora is Pansh's depower (closed-cell) kite.

There is no mention of a Rage in Pansh's product line either on their website or their forum.

There is a Flexifoil Rage, bu that is a fixed bridle kite.

Where did you read about the Pansh Rage?

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
austexblo

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 02:31 PM

I'm sorry. My mind has left me today. I meant Pansh Blaze 11 5 M.
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by austexblo
I'm sorry. My mind has left me today. I meant Pansh Blaze 11 5 M.

No problem... it's almost Spring Break... mind probably just got an early start.

No experience with it.

Blake did a fairly comprehensive review.
Pansh Blaze II depowerable kite

NOTE:The Blaze II does not come with flying lines or depower bar. Depending on whose lines/bar you decide to purchase for the kite.... that can be a bit of an investment.

Most manufacturers sell lines/bar cheaper as part of the kite purchase than if you buy it separately.

Mini-Rant: Blaze = FB , Blaze II = Depower.... I really wish Pansh went the extra bit and sprung for a distinct name. I, II, III notation for most manufacturers are generations.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
austexblo

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 04:16 PM

Thanks. That review was very helpful. Pansh are having a killer sale at the moment, 5m and 10m Blaze 11, for around $350. but no lines or control bar. I am a newbie, but the depower function would seem to be a great option for training and buggy work.
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 05:03 PM

If you are new to depower and trying to set up 2 kites to work on an unmatched bar you may have some issues. The kite won't come with anything like instructions. You will be on your own to figure it out. The 10m may be more kite than you can handle but Pansh won't hesitate to sell it to you.

The 1st time I ever saw this kite a fellow was trying to get it to fly. He had it hooked up all wrong. Once I had him connect the right lines on the right leaders + knots the kite flew well. I'm not sure what he would have done / thought about the kite if I hadn't happened to be there that day? He wore it out in under 2 years but flew it a lot and hard.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
austexblo

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 07:52 PM

Yeah, I am in 2 minds about it. I have read some good reports on the Flexifoil Rage, and even though it is not a depower kite, it seems to be suitable for a newbie. I have flown Hang Gliders and Sailplanes for many years, and was a Pro Sailor in Australia, so I have a good understanding of the power and fickle nature of wind. This should help somewhat! At this point, I am just wanting to do some stuff with a buggy, or a mountain board. This is my between interest. Paragliding is my next and probably last leap into wind powered aviation. I am all ears though, on any advice or input you may have!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio