Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pansh Adam 4.5m
upandaway

[*] posted on 17-8-2013 at 10:04 PM
Pansh Adam 4.5m

With not to many reviews out on the net for the Pansh Adam 4.5m inflatable i really do think this kite warrants the effort of a write up.excellent quality kite,bridle/stitching etc. and funnily enough the Lobster design is quite appealing and something different from the norm with the two eyes on the leading edge been the air inlets,i have tested the Adam both inland on the board/buggy/static and also in the sea at Sizewell.i cannot fault the Adam quick tug and its up no effort to get to the zenith but just a couple of sweeps and it's fully inflated.i found it ideal for the buggy as normally with inland gusty weather you end up in and out of the buggy having to re-launch after losing line tension etc but with the Adam it simply drifts back down wind before auto zenithing(-not sure if it's a real word),no overflying at all,no luffing bowties even running towards the kite giving slack line tension it just floats! by no means is it a heavy kite either been made of a lightweight waterproof silicone material,Powerwise-well although it does state on the Pansh website the kite has limited lift i can assure you it has a lot more than you may think,im 14 stone and in a 15mph wind i could send it and get some!.sweeping across the window generates a fair amount of torque enough to get going on the landboard and buggy in sub 10mph winds,quite surprised as it seemed to be on par with my PL Hornet 4m.I had the chance to get in the sea on our suffolk coast at sizewell for some body dragging and water re-launching again faultless and lots of fun,i just cannot praise this kite enough and out of all the kite's i own this has become my Go-To kite,best of all it's totally waterproof which will come in handy when the rainy season comes no more soggy kite that wont lift because it's landed in a puddle/endless hours drying out on the bed im sure you can all relate to that scenario.one other point is the cascading bridle a,b,c rows makes it compatible with the flexifoil triple a Kit,the bridle can be made adjustable and if it takes your fancy can easily be converted to depower.one thing left to mention is how well upwind it performs,no collapsing at the edge and really does hold well,quite agile especially when using a little brake on the turns would suit a crossover bar for definate.the cost? £79 and that includes delivery from china which again is very quick and trackable.

Flexifoil Blade II 3.0m
Flexifoil Blurr 5m
Flexi Rage 3.5
Peter Lynn Guerilla MK1 13m
Peter Lynn Twister IIR 5.6m
Peter Lynn Hornet 4m
Pansh Ace 4m
Pansh Adam 4.5m
Pansh Flux 2m & 3m
Peter Lynn Competition ST Buggy
Landboard
Off Road Skates

propylene22

[*] posted on 27-8-2013 at 10:14 PM

I also have the Pansh Adam 4.5 and it is a great kite. I live in Colorado and we get odd gusty winds which does cause it to overfly every once and a while. But as stated above no luffing or bizarre behavior whatsoever. I use it with an mountainboard and it will pull me very nicely at about 10+ MPH (220 LBS aprox). 15 MPH plus it comes alive and will really pull. Good construction and bridling, much better than that of my Ace.
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-8-2013 at 06:35 AM

I really think that a large Adam would make for an excellent low wind kite . I know the Quadrafoil Kitesurfer XXL is an amazing low wind engine. It had bulky bridle and things yet still worked well.

I have suggested this to our Pansh rep' + Rosie but they seem to have concentrated on the Aurora since then ?

If you look back there was a pretty good thread on the kite when it 1st came out. I think it was started by Goofball?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 28-8-2013 at 11:02 AM

sounds like P. Adams is a nice newbie kite...is it depowerable? or can easily convert...what bar/line is it compatible with?...thanks for info.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades
Jetski (2010 Seadoo GTX); for windless days

erratic winds
Posting Freak

Mood: ATGATT! Armor up!

[*] posted on 28-8-2013 at 11:11 AM

Kiteflyer- The Pansh ADAM is a fixed bridle kite on handles. It is not a depower kite. It can fly on an ozone turbo bar designed for FB kites.

The bridle does not appear to cascade properly that it could be modded to be a depower kite, but I've seen depower-ish mods on other FB kites, so I guess anything's possible!

Tide? What's a tide? Man, it's 1000 miles to any ocean.
abkayak
Posting Freak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 28-8-2013 at 11:30 AM

I have the 3.5 Lobster kite..no complaints at all..but tend to keep it in the bag in favor of more exciting kites..got it to play with in the kayak and body drag...I have had this out plenty in 20+ winds and think it has absolutely no lift even when I try for some..still good bang for the buck and it does pull well

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-8-2013 at 04:40 PM

The Aurora is Pansh's closed cell depower kite.

If you go for one expect to have to build a bar ( and get decent pulleys ) for it . Don't expect help from Pansh after purchase. Ask all questions going in. They will respond until you buy one. Then ... :rolleyes:

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 28-8-2013 at 07:05 PM

Blade doesn't sound promising with Auroras...better skip.:thumbdown:

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades
Jetski (2010 Seadoo GTX); for windless days

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 29-8-2013 at 06:53 AM

I think what I learned with my Aurora is that my actual kite time is too valuable to mess with a product that doesn't fly perfect out of the bag . A new set of pulleys was under $40 . I managed to make a 5 line bar for about $50. I'm still trying to get it tuned right .

The kite has many good qualities if you are willing to put in the time.

I feel that used Flysurfers are such a good deal that I would send somebody that route before I would suggest an Aurora.

Ken (K2)
srd337

[*] posted on 10-9-2013 at 11:28 AM

I bought my !0m Blaze and 5m Ace last November and at that time Pansh were giving away a freebe with spends over a certain amount. The freebe was a depowered 3.5m Adam, but it was in plain yellow, not the red and white lobster colour of the FB version. Haven't flown it though because I don't have a depower bar
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2013 at 03:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by srd337  
I bought my !0m Blaze and 5m Ace last November and at that time Pansh were giving away a freebe with spends over a certain amount. The freebe was a depowered 3.5m Adam, but it was in plain yellow, not the red and white lobster colour of the FB version. Haven't flown it though because I don't have a depower bar

Interesting !

Did this proto come with a 2 or 4 pulley set-up?

Ken (K2)
srd337

[*] posted on 11-9-2013 at 03:37 AM

From what I've seen of the Aurora, it looks very similar to that. With 2 blocks on either side and a 5th line flag out.
propylene22

[*] posted on 6-5-2014 at 05:22 AM

srd337,
Would you be interested in selling or trading for the depower Adam? I have a 3 meter Ace I could trade.
Dave
srd337

[*] posted on 19-9-2014 at 02:02 PM

Sorry for the late reply, been busy house moving.

Going to keep it, took the 5th line off and made my self a depower bar for cheap by converting a Naish Aero FB bar and adding an Ozone Megatron chicken loop. Its now my go to kite when the wind is too much for anything else. Fly's solid up to around 35mph winds as long as its not gusting too much. It could probably handle more but I still class myself as a novice so am still treading carefully with it. Thanks for the offer tho.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio