Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Review Request: 11 Meter HQ Neo
Sier_Pinski

[*] posted on 24-10-2013 at 06:34 PM
Review Request: 11 Meter HQ Neo

I am contemplating getting an HQ Neo III 11 meter as my next power kite and my first depower kite--something that would work in both the gusty backcountry of southeast Texas and on the waters of Galveston.

I am particularly looking for the appropriate wind range of the 11 meter version for landboarding and kitesurfing and how the Neo III compares with the older models. I am curious how it would compare with a 5-meter fixed bridle power kite like my current Octane.

www.scottwmcmichael.com

Follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkp98zhhoUhdR7bZvRhAfUw

Ozone Access 10M (2014) -- Ozone Quattro 3M -- MBS Atom Landboard -- Eolo Buggy Harness

Revolution Reflex 1.5 Classic -- Prism Micron -- Samsung Gear 360 Camera
BigMikesKites

Mood: Go away RAIN

[*] posted on 25-10-2013 at 04:06 AM

I find the octane pretty tame as a fixed bridle kite which is a good thing starting out. Of course the Neo you are looking at is much much larger and now you have entered the DePower area which is much different than the fixed bridle kites. It all depends how big you are and your wind conditions. The 11m Neo will absorb gusts much better than a similarly powered fixed bridle because it is closed cell and DePowered. Its great at what it does, has a pretty large wind range. Its just a nice kite. I've buggied with one and didn't feel uneasy with it at all. I've seen others use it on the water and they were doing quite well. I suspect the landboard will be the same as the water.

Mike
Owner Big Mike's Kites
http://www.BigMikesKites.com

Kites: Most of them
Buggy: VTT BLACK WIDOW...The best
Peter Lynn XR+ w VTT Rail Kit
Landboard: Not a chance
Water: still trying

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio