Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Has anyone tried the Pansh 5.5m Adam on sale for $99?
Kiteflyer933

question.gif posted on 25-3-2014 at 09:13 AM
Has anyone tried the Pansh 5.5m Adam on sale for $99?

I was tempted to order this FB 5.5m Adam last night for only $99...I might get this soon by next week....I just thought that maybe this could be my another high wind kite like my 3.5m Hydra2 which can only pulls my ski if the wind is above 25Kph....maybe this Adam can pull me faster upwind than Hydra?....maybe this will fit in my Hydra's handle bar/line?...maybe this can body drag more than my Hydra in the lake on summer?....maybe?.......anyone has input?

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades
Jetski (2010 Seadoo GTX); for windless days

abkayak
Posting Freak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 25-3-2014 at 11:23 AM

i got the 3.5 on handles that i like to play w/ in the kayak and body drag...tried it on a bar but never got it right..imo it's fine for kicking around, but i would much rather have an HQ, two different animals..if it's in the water much it seems to soak it up, it has no lift compared to my other kites as well...as far as a 5.5 as a high wind kite??? no, thats your HQ...hope this helps but at 99$ your gonna pbly buy it anyway

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-3-2014 at 04:54 PM

I don't think 5.5 will qualify as a low wind kite. You may be amazed at how much more power it will have.

I am surprised to hear the Adam soaks up water. It is shiny and looks hydrophobic. + the closed cells make it designed for water.

I am not certain but think the Adam won't have stellar upwind performance but it should be a well behaved kite. I don't think it comes RTF but kite only ?

You get what you pay for in this sport.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
soliver
Posting Freak

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 26-3-2014 at 07:12 AM

Just know too that 5.5m in a fixed bridle kite is MUCH different then 5.5m in a depowerable kite...

My preferred wind range for my 5.5m Reactor 2 (fixed bridle) is 8-12mph (it's butter zone if you will). I'm sure others will use it in higher winds, but that's where I am comfortable with it.

I'm going to take a nap now
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 09:45 PM

I got my new 5.5m Adam...looks glossy and slick. Too bad our lake has melted...no more Winter fun. Yet, this is my best Winter so far. Just waiting for the snow and ice to completely melt and dry up so I could static fly in the field again and test this kite. This kite does not comes with handle/bar nor lines. It only comes with a string bag....the 4 bridle lines looks like my HQ kite's bridle lines....but the skin texture is different from my HQ kites....Adam was advertised to be a closed cell kite but it does not look similar to my Hydra2....the air intake has no mesh covering....I wonder how it becomes a closed cell FB??....I guess it really needs a test fight.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

Demoknight
Posting Freak

Mood: ADIDAK

[*] posted on 5-4-2014 at 11:13 PM

Flysurfer closed cell kites don't have mesh over the intakes. That is not what makes it closed cell. Closed cell means that the intakes are one way valves and air has no easy way to escape the kite. For kites, the one way valves are basically like really loose inside out wind socks that sometimes flap and fart and make other funny noises as they first fill the kite up with air.

NAPKA US8008

Kites:

Ozone R1 V3 7m
Flysurfer Sonic v3 15m
Flysurfer Speed 3 Deluxe 19m
Peter Lynn Charger 2 12m
Ozone Access Reride 6m
Peter Lynn 2013 Reactor 5.5m
Peter Lynn 2013 Reactor 8.6m
Prism Tensor 5.0m

Ride:
GT-Race Code:R6
Weird Beard VTT Custom
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2014 at 02:00 PM

It sounds like you thought the Adam was a depower kite ? It is not. It is more like a larger version of your Hydra and can possibly be worked to run on that 3 line bar ? Although getting it on lines and handles will show you how it is designed to fly. I warned you that it was kite only ? Yes, the Adam and other newer model Pansh kites have improved bridle lines. Older models don't. You get what you pay for.

Like mentioned " closed cell " means that the kite will hold air via the one way inlets. The biggest advantage being that it can be reverse launched from the water. Some kites cover their inlets with mesh. That is different and not always an advantage. My Flexifoils mesh eat snow and then makes snowballs inside !

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 04:02 PM

Guys you are right!!...this kite pulls like a horse in moderate wind speed....I felt like doing bench presses while playing with kite in less than 15kph wind last Sunday afternoon....and kept on flying till sunset...this kite is fun to fly!....I enjoyed working out my upper body and arms. It also retains air in its wings without collapsing even its just sitting up as I'm resting. Also the muddy soil in the field from melted snow seemed won't stick to its skin....so it stays clean even laid down in the dirt. My overall impression from this kite is very nice and fun toy to play....this 4 line kite as what Bladerunner said, can be set to fly in my 3 line HQ handle bar....I just attached the 2 brake lines in a piece of nylon string I used in my stunt kite to form a Y shape to connect to the single brake line of my Hydra 2's handlebar. I now regret that I did not buy this kite earlier last January when there are plenty of snow and our lake was still frozen....Anyway, when the field is completely dry, I'll test this kite's upwind capability by flying on moderate to high wind and wearing my Rollerblades on.:D

1.jpg - 207kB5.jpg - 68kB2.jpg - 131kB3.jpg - 101kB6.jpg - 120kB

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-4-2014 at 07:02 AM

I suggest you bind your brake lines to safety line with something more substantial.

Your kite can really give a heavy SLAM as it goes to safety. I expect even more than others with it being closed cell ?

Ken (K2)
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 06:34 PM

yeah, I'm thinking about using my nylon shoe lace or venetian blind string...its too long anyway and I need to cut it half to shorten and use the other half for my Adam....or fishing line maybe....I have couple of different sizes.....blind's string looks like dyneema.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

pastorbudwine

[*] posted on 25-4-2014 at 04:27 AM

Kiteflyer933 can you post picks on how you bound the lines to but it on a three line. Ar I am looking at getting this as well and all I have at the moment is my scout bAr and lines
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-4-2014 at 03:02 PM

Pastor,

I am pretty sure that you can hook the Adam up exactly like your Scout ? I am pretty sure that at the kite you have 4 attachment lines just like the Adam. If not you want to attach your break lines together in the same manor as the Scout.

I am just not certain you need an Adam !

Ken (K2)
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 25-4-2014 at 11:32 PM

Quote:

Kiteflyer933 can you post picks on how you bound the lines to but it on a three line.

If you just enlarge the 4th pic that I posted, you will notice that the 2 - brake lines were connected by an orange short line....then connected to the middle 3rd line of my HQ bar....I'll post more pics when the field is dry enough to wear my roller blade to test its upwind capability....always raining at the moment.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

pastorbudwine

[*] posted on 26-4-2014 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bladerunner  
Pastor,
I am just not certain you need an Adam !

I am not for sure I do either. I would like a closed cell kite because I hear they are good for snow kiting. but to be honest I am having a figuring out all of the kiting terms. I get closed cell vs open. having a hard time with what is considered a depower kite or a sheetable kite, or if a kite is meant for bars or handles or how to convert them if need be, I feel like a complete noob which I am. This is a sport I would love to get into and everyone here as been very helpful. I think I am going to go check out the great lakes kite flyers society the first saturday in may, someone mentioned they are very helpful and are less than a half an hour from me so we will see
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 26-4-2014 at 09:03 AM

as a newbie flyer, I advice you to buy the 5.5m Adam while it's still on sale before its gone!!....you will never regret it....I'm enjoying its stability and agile movement....I think it can pull me better than my Hydra2 in upwind direction....I can cruise with 3.5m Hydra2 upwind if the windspeed is more than 25kph....they are both identical in many ways.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

pastorbudwine

[*] posted on 26-4-2014 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Kiteflyer933  
as a newbie flyer, I advice you to buy the 5.5m Adam while it's still on sale before its gone!!....you will never regret it....I'm enjoying its stability and agile movement....I think it can pull me better than my Hydra2 in upwind direction....I can cruise with 3.5m Hydra2 upwind if the windspeed is more than 25kph....they are both identical in many ways.

that was was what I was thinking if i do get this I wonder if I could find a nice used four line bar with lines, I would prefer to do that rather than rig my scout 2 bar for it.
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 27-4-2014 at 09:01 AM

Quote:

that was was what I was thinking if i do get this I wonder if I could find a nice used four line bar with lines, I would prefer to do that rather than rig my scout 2 bar for it.

there was a member named smeagol, he's selling nice and priced to sell bars....but lives in Sacramento...I'm too far from him...that prevents me from buying one even though I want one each for my kite....maybe you r closer to him?

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

idm

[*] posted on 30-4-2014 at 02:31 PM

I just recived my new adam 5,5 shipped from china to denmark for 99$ . I Can't wait to go out and try it.:cool:
idm

[*] posted on 2-5-2014 at 02:19 AM

Hi,
Can I upgrad pansh Adam 5,5 or any 4 Lines kite for use with a five Lines bar?
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-5-2014 at 05:57 PM

Adam is a Fixed Bridle kite. It will not fly on a depower bar well if at all.

The Pansh kite that matches that bar and is closed cell is the Aurora, Even then you will need to tune the lines. 5th line 5m longer and back lines ?? shorter.

Ken (K2)
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 3-5-2014 at 09:59 AM

Bladerunner is right, use depower bars for depower kites only....unless u do not use that bar anymore, u can buy lines at pansh and rig that bar for fixed bridle setting....the 2-front lines must be equal in length and the 2-brake lines must be loose enough like the ones in my pics.......Fixed bridle bars are easier to tune than depowers........if u need more help, show pics so the experts can guide u better.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

idm

[*] posted on 4-5-2014 at 12:26 PM

Hi,
I did buy lines from Pansh as well and I have a fixed bridle bar wich I use with an other 4 lines kite. I was just curius and now I know that it does not give a sens to use depower bar with a non-depower kite.
Thanks for your answers:thumbup:
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-5-2014 at 12:43 PM

Most fixed bridle kites are set up so using brake control will speed up your turns , set the kite back from the edge of the window and all sorts of fine input that you simply can't give the kite with a bar.

When you fly on a bar you are running on the 2 front lines with only very passive brake input. You have only got basic steering as a method of control.
duvetion

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 07:01 PM

Converts to depower bridle nicely. Let me know if you want instructions, otherwise I will post them after I have fine tuned it.
pastorbudwine

[*] posted on 5-5-2014 at 07:22 PM

duvetion I would love to see how you converted this to a depower.
duvetion

[*] posted on 6-5-2014 at 03:09 AM

Great thread here http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&...

Basically break the bridle into ABCZ, you will need to make bridle extensions for different parts. The mixer should meet at all even as how the bridle was originally. You need enough movement in the mixer so B goes completely slack when depowered and you can pull Z enough to relaunch, On a 5.5m this is not much I used a 80cm C SPL and 100cm B SPL, but only because I had them spare from other things, you could go smaller.The A Z mains need to be as long as C SPL ruffly and BC mains need to be long enough to match up with AZ with enough adjust ability for this and SPL shrink. On the wing tips I threw Cbridle away C6, moved A6 to B main, B6 to C main and Z6 to C6. This warps the wing tip and makes the turning insanely quick, probably too quick ;-) Getting the Z main adjusted right will take some playing, and the Z bridle itself is not correctly setup for the kite so you could play with that as well. I could give measurement on my setup but I wouldn't call it complete, I will have to give it a go with a Sup or skateboard so I can adjust it more.

Let me know if you want something more explained or measured. Some of the french go far too complicated than is necessary in that thread. You only need copy the existing bridle lengths that are needed to split the bridles up, I think about 18 bridles must be made off the top of my head, C6 is not needed, and a mixer must be made.

The kite is a great little thing, quick turning, good power and stability. I think it is quite lightly constructed and flys well in light wind.

Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 12:06 PM

Quote:

Converts to depower bridle nicely. Let me know if you want instructions, otherwise I will post them after I have fine tuned it.

So how's the conversion goin?.......will u include pics of the bridle and bars.....and pics of flight.....I'm interested to know if my Montana4 control bar can be use.....and great job in ur experiment....hoping for ur successful flight.

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

duvetion

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 08:19 PM

The conversion has been complete for a while, I am just making minor adjustments. I have even ridden with it on the water. http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&... this link has lots of pics and video(i think). Any 4 line bar will work, I have mine setup with a frontline safety( Untested in High wind :-/). I Just copied a Flysufer mixer. There is plenty of info /pics on the net how to make bridle lines/ mixers.
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 09:27 AM

You r right....Adam can be depowered successfully....just received a letter from Pansh about their new released model (not on sale yet) on their website that starts with 6m($269) - 12m($399)....says that it was basically Adam's wings(aspect ratio and bridle) with 2 deflation zippers similar to Aurora's and has 5th line safety.....can use any 4-5 line bars. It was called "Genesis".....I think it was a combination of Adam and Aurora put into one. Therefore, Adam is a successful fixed bridle kite that can be converted to depowers.....Kiting does not need to be an expensive hobby, should be affordable by anyone....Cheers!:D

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 01:00 PM

I just noticed the Adam will be coming out in larger sizes .

One of the best low wind engines I have tried was the Quadrafoil Kitesurfer Comp XXL . It is a closed cell FB with a pretty high aspect ratio. The bridle system is bulky and leaves room to improve. I wondered if Adam in about 10m would ever come out . It looked like it had potential. Looks like the biggest is still only 8.5m but they will have a 10m in the Genesis.

Kiteflyer,

I have found that if you don't want kiting to be expensive then you need to be willing to give up time . I have many examples of how I have taught myself that lesson.

Pansh has sold cheap depower kites for about a decade now and still doesn't sell or include a bar to match their kites RTF. They talked about it when the Aurora came out but ??? My 1st experience with the Blaze II was when a local was trying to fly his new one and had it hooked up all wrong. He would have been stuck had I not come along. Having to go home and get help from a friend or the net. With my help he was flying and tried his 1st ride that day.

The Final straw for me was when I purchased the Aurora . $200 for a 15m AND I pick the colors ! Such a deal ?
I went out and bought a bar. Converted it to 5 line and then had to figure out that the back lines needed to be shorter. Replace the pulleys. Having a clue but not a lot of confidence tuning took a while. Pansh ignored any questions I had.

My fly time is too valuable to be spending it tuning in economy gear. In the end, I sold the Aurora + another kite to fund the purchase of a Flysurfer.

If you have more time than money and an aptitude for fixing kites / gear then you can buy less expensive gear. I am cheap by nature and think I have found buying quality second hand gear to be my money best spent .

Ken (K2)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio