Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: U-turn Butane 2.5m
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-5-2014 at 06:24 PM
U-turn Butane 2.5m

I bought a 2.5m Uturn Butane from Andy Mcmahon in UK and finally got to fly it today. You never know when flying a racy kite if it's going to be a pain to fly, folding up at the nose and collapsing all the time, or darting around so you don't know which way it's going to go next. I was pleasantly surprised that this kite sat rock solid keeping going the way I had it pointed at all times. Even at 55+ mph I didn't have to watch it. It has an adjustable bridle and I turned it up one notch to see if it would go faster and run a bit more forward in the window, but it seems Andy had it set perfectly as the kite didn't seem to "hook up" with the wind quite as well. I reset it back to where he had it for next time. I did loosen the brakes about 3 inches so the handles run perpendicular to the kite. I put in 60 miles with it and had a high speed of 58.2 mph. I have loads of video and will pick a choice run or two and post it up when I get the data from a friend who's camera I was running. It's one that puts the speedo info on the video screen. Thanks Andy for a great deal on a fantastic kite.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
ssayre
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-5-2014 at 06:50 PM

I hadn't heard of that one before. It says they are easily converted to depower. Were you on fb or depow? I assume handles? Sounds like an interesting kite from reading about it.
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-5-2014 at 07:28 PM

It was fixed bridle on handles. A "proper kite" as the Brits call it.:)

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio