Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: El Mirage Kite Skating video on youtube
Terrablader

[*] posted on 30-1-2007 at 01:42 PM
El Mirage Kite Skating video on youtube

I never went over 30mph, wierd wind. but had a good time. thought you all might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj-J6o6Pmy8

also in this video is skating on Coronado

Bob, or whoever can you please tell me how to not out skate the kite? before turning I seem to skate too far infront of it.

7.5 HQ Apex !
3.0 Bullet
7.0 Bullet
10.5 Blade III
3 Terrablades (www.terrablades.com)
2 Rollercycles (www.rollercycle.com)
1 Etek-Rollercycle (www.terrablades.com)
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 31-1-2007 at 01:34 AM

>how to not out skate the kite?

It is easy to outskate the kite on a downwind line. Plot your course cross-wind or even upwind. When you need to get back down-wind, do so in long snaking sections.

Terrablader

[*] posted on 31-1-2007 at 12:43 PM
ic

you check out the Vid Bob? Check out the carving of the 4 wheel design.

Thanks for the advise.

I found that problem even going upwind as I turned the kite I would skate past it. did not have this problem on the beach because beach is slower. I would go to turn the kite, and would skate past it, at that point the line would go limp, the kite would start to crash, then it would grab air and pull me opposite direction. Speeds around 25-30mph. would have to come to almost a stop before jiving the kite over. so basically you mean skate upwind like you would tack a boat in a high wind right? still seemed i am skating beyond the kite.

7.5 HQ Apex !
3.0 Bullet
7.0 Bullet
10.5 Blade III
3 Terrablades (www.terrablades.com)
2 Rollercycles (www.rollercycle.com)
1 Etek-Rollercycle (www.terrablades.com)
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-1-2007 at 05:30 PM

I started on tarmac but my style has remained basically the same on Coyotes, Bug and skis. As I am taking the kite up to zenith a lean and run as hard as I can upwind. I take it through zenith to the other direction somewhat fast and during that weightless second make my turn. At this point My feet are headed almost straight down wind and the power is coming back on in the new direction. I ride it through and head off accross the wind again. I sometimes will drag a foot behind a bit on blades, spin out on the bug or edge a bit on skiis to assist slowing my speed as I start taking the kite to zenith if I'm out of room.
Also while running a little touch of brake sets the kite back in the window a bit. This gives added power + keeps you from overshooting.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio